Matrix Technologies, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Matrix Technologies, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Matrix Technologies, Inc.

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matrix Technologies, Inc. (Maumee, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

This was one of the most subjective interviews I have had. I honestly think they were just looking for a good buddy to hang out with. It consisted of two interviews, a brief 20 min phone call with HR, followed by a site visit to Maumee, OH. The site visit consisted of lunch, then interviews with three engineers (~3 hrs). I thought I answered the questions reasonably well. I received a generic reason from HR stating I didn't get an offer because "...we have decided to pursue other candidates who appear to match (skills and experience) our requirements more closely at this time". This is completely not true in my case. I followed up with HR to clarify but haven't received a response as of yet, therefore, I am left to guess it was based on my personality or looks. Bias will always be prevalent and even though you work your butt off, are nice to people, and do everything you can to try and advance yourself in your career, one or a few people can limit your potential because of their subjective opinions of you based on < 3 hrs of interaction.

Interview Questions

• Q1: What two things do engineer's need to work on most?
      Q2: Describe a time you had to overcome something very difficult (personal or professional)
      Q3: Briefly summarize your career.   1 Answer

Computer Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

initial phone interview by recruiter from their company, then phone interview by the hiring manager, finally 2 hours on-site interview by 4~5 people

Interview Questions

• Been asked a lot of soft skill questions in the on-site interview   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matrix Technologies, Inc. (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

The phone screen with HR from another state was pleasant. She was a nice lady.

Site Interview: Well, the feedback I got from the recruiter was that they thought my handshake (I am a woman) was weak. I personally prefer not to squeeze people's hands. I frankly don't understand why that would be a reason of disqualification except they have an all male workforce and want to keep it that way. I have no idea?