Mattel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Principal ECommerce Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by their recruiter, submitted my cover letter and resume, then a phone screening. Afterwards there was a followup email and an additional phone screening.
    I was invited to apply and interview with the hiring manager.
    While I did not continue the process after the hiring manager, this was a positive experience. Everyone from the recruiter to the hiring manager were thoughtful, respectful, polite, and I felt they were interested in fitting the right candidate into the position, and knew what hey were looking for.
    I was kept in the loop at all times, and would not hesitate to pursue any future positions with them.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview was great but after this is where all of the trouble began. Once I was passed to the lead recruiter, communication stalled. Eventually interviewed with several highly skilled and intelligent employees. Upon completion, follow up was delayed and subsequent conversations were consistently rescheduled. Little to no communication. Ultimately, accepted elsewhere.

Live Events Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattel (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the human resource person who told me she would forward my resume to the supervisor of the role. The interview was rather quick and included generic questions like, why Mattel?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

Applied for position
    Emailed by recruiter
    Several interviews including on the phone, in person and 1-2 FaceTime interviews
    Recruiter was in touch often and very helpful.
    Was made an offer, pending background investigation, over the phone.
    Written offer after background was complete

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you were faced with a challenging situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattel (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process started off smoothly. I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative. I completed one phone interview and two FaceTime interviews and also received a schedule for in-person interviews with four associates at the firm. When I arrived for my in person interviews, I had to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes, at which time an HR Representative told me in front of many people that my interviews were cancelled. I showed her the email she had sent me that detailed my interview scheduled and she simply replied that another HR Representative was supposed to communicate that those interviews had been cancelled. The next day, the other HR Representative emailed me to apologize about the communication mix up and said that she was going to meet with the team that week to discuss all of the candidates. Apparently, the FaceTime interviews were supposed to take place of the in person interviews but that was never communicated to me. The HR Representative said that she would touch base with me at the end of that week or the beginning of the next week. That was one month ago and, after having reached out via email last week, I have yet to hear back from anyone at the firm regarding my candidacy. It was an extremely unprofessional experience and showed a lack of respect for the time and effort I put into making myself ready and available for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Batman vs Iron Man – Who Wins?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you successfully negotiated with someone of a higher position?   Answer Question
    • If a 747 airplane full of jelly beans was on the runway, how would you get the jelly beans off the airplane?   Answer Question
    • How would you double sales in one year with this account for (insert random product)?   Answer Question
    • How do you solve problems?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Interview

the interview process was very easy. just as long as you know the job and a culture fit, you should do fine. they will ask a lot of questions and wonder why you like the company.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

I was interviewed at the same time by an older Caucasian male and female manager in business suits. The entire process took about half an hour. I don't recall the details of the interview process other than the situation being very casual and not as intimidating as I thought it would be. The questions were fairly simple to answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattel (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an email regarding my job submission, scheduled an over the phone interview, things went well. A week later, I received an email from different HR rep. for an on site interview schedule. But after I reply back, never get any email that follows up. Very poor HR stuffing between different office location. Wouldn't bother to apply again.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Met with 3 interviewers on round 1, and 5 interviewers on round 2. They were mostly interested in fit and personality. Variety of backgrounds welcome so don't be shy

SummerEngineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattel (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

one of my professors recommended that i should apply for this internship, and i wrote his name in the cover letter. Applied online, got an interview call with the manager(whom you will work under). 1 hour later got an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Basic resume stuff, tell me a time when questions. Building up on these questions and going deep with the specifics. One of the questions was to tell about a time when you changed a process, and tell me about the process. Also, there is a lot of travel involved, so you should be ope to traveling.   Answer Question