Mattel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

2.8

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very friendly and casual but it lasted two hours. They gave me a lot of information about the job. They told me that they have a high turn over and were looking for someone that they thought was going to stay. They offered to start me as a temp employee.

Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Phone interview and in person.with about 4 people round robin style. It felt unorganized but fast paced. They interview candidates a lot because people are constantly getting fired or leaving for mental health and due to the awful culture

Interview Questions

• A lot of role place questions, how would conceive a friend not to leave the company etc a real issue they face as the culture absolutely sucks!

Bateman vs superman

What kind of brand would you be etc   1 Answer

Seasonal Order Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmot, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mattel (Wilmot, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later I received a phone interview. I was upfront about my availability with the weekends, and I had kids. She set me up with an in person interview a week later.

After checking in with the receptionist, I was brought back to the office, she went into the history of Mattel, and the other brands that the company deals with. She went through the availability, which ended up not working with my current schedule of kids. Their weekends, they put into a lottery, and there is no way of telling what you will get, not even a preferred schedule. You can request up to two weekends a month off, but not guaranteed.

Never got into the interview questions, because the weekend schedule didn't work with my family.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattel (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite laid back and easy. She reviewed my resume, asked me a few questions on my skills, had me fill out some paperwork on my availability then set me up to speak with HR on doing further paperwork. I'd rather not describe more of it. I'm honestly just trying to get to the job search section.

Seasonal Toy Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview comes first. They ask you basic questions like "Why Mattel? Why do you think you're a good candidate?" The in-person interview comes about 2 weeks later. In person interview was a group interview. Two associate managers do the interviewing, 3-4 other applicants in the room competing for the job. You take turns answering the same questions.

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

In the last couple of years I've had two very promising interviews for different communications positions, but unfortunately neither panned out. For the most recent position, I applied online and pinged a contact I had in the recruitment department. I secured an in-person interview after a 20-minute phone screening. The interviews went very well and I was encouraged when the recruiter told me on my way out that I'd be invited back to meet an executive. I was later emailed and asked to submit my references, though no one on that list was ever contacted.

Then ... crickets.

I've politely followed up numerous times to several different recruiting associates and all of my messages have gone unanswered. To add to that frustration, the online job submission status still reflects that I am "under consideration" for the role four months later. I'm not sure what happened, but I would describe it as a confusing experience.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions about work style and professional goals. It was relaxed and very conversational. It was about as pleasant as job interviews go.   Answer Question

Principal ECommerce Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by their recruiter, submitted my cover letter and resume, then a phone screening. Afterwards there was a followup email and an additional phone screening.
    I was invited to apply and interview with the hiring manager.
    While I did not continue the process after the hiring manager, this was a positive experience. Everyone from the recruiter to the hiring manager were thoughtful, respectful, polite, and I felt they were interested in fitting the right candidate into the position, and knew what hey were looking for.
    I was kept in the loop at all times, and would not hesitate to pursue any future positions with them.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview was great but after this is where all of the trouble began. Once I was passed to the lead recruiter, communication stalled. Eventually interviewed with several highly skilled and intelligent employees. Upon completion, follow up was delayed and subsequent conversations were consistently rescheduled. Little to no communication. Ultimately, accepted elsewhere.

Live Events Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattel (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the human resource person who told me she would forward my resume to the supervisor of the role. The interview was rather quick and included generic questions like, why Mattel?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

Applied for position
    Emailed by recruiter
    Several interviews including on the phone, in person and 1-2 FaceTime interviews
    Recruiter was in touch often and very helpful.
    Was made an offer, pending background investigation, over the phone.
    Written offer after background was complete

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you were faced with a challenging situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question