Mattel Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mattel (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Seemed pretty haphazard. The job titles do not reflect what the actual job entails, and not every person i interviewed with understood what the job would be. I will give them one thing, however--it was a pretty quick process.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me much--they seemed to expect me to ask most of the questions.   Answer Question

Associate Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattel (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process started off smoothly. I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative. I completed one phone interview and two FaceTime interviews and also received a schedule for in-person interviews with four associates at the firm. When I arrived for my in person interviews, I had to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes, at which time an HR Representative told me in front of many people that my interviews were cancelled. I showed her the email she had sent me that detailed my interview scheduled and she simply replied that another HR Representative was supposed to communicate that those interviews had been cancelled. The next day, the other HR Representative emailed me to apologize about the communication mix up and said that she was going to meet with the team that week to discuss all of the candidates. Apparently, the FaceTime interviews were supposed to take place of the in person interviews but that was never communicated to me. The HR Representative said that she would touch base with me at the end of that week or the beginning of the next week. That was one month ago and, after having reached out via email last week, I have yet to hear back from anyone at the firm regarding my candidacy. It was an extremely unprofessional experience and showed a lack of respect for the time and effort I put into making myself ready and available for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Batman vs Iron Man – Who Wins?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you successfully negotiated with someone of a higher position?   Answer Question
    • If a 747 airplane full of jelly beans was on the runway, how would you get the jelly beans off the airplane?   Answer Question
    • How would you double sales in one year with this account for (insert random product)?   Answer Question
    • How do you solve problems?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattel (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The overall interview experience was great. I went to the headquarters and interviewed with the person I would potentially be working under. The overall interview was me explaining my resume and previous work experience along with answering a few basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge when working with others.   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattel (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of two rounds of interviews. First conducted via phone and second conducted via FaceTime. Both were casual behavioral interviews with one interviewer. The first round included an interview with the intern HR manager, and an interview with the role manager. The second round included 2 group directors and group VP. They were very quick to get back to me after the interviews and the offer came 2 days after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Mattel and this role specifically?   1 Answer
    • What do you think could be improved with brand digital experience?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Two 30min back-to-back interviews in the first round at school (interviewed by Senior Managers). Additional two 45min back-to-back interviews in the second round with company Directors. The interviews were not hard as they just wanted to know more about the candidate background.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The process was standard. It was mostly behavioral questions with some fun, quirky questions thrown in to gauge your personality and fit for the work. Mattel is mostly looking to see if you have the marketing aptitude as well as the personality to work on toys. They're going to want to see if you have a fun side as well as if you keep up with current events in pop culture.

Interview Questions

• If you had 2 minutes on the elevator with the CEO, what would you ask/tell him?   Answer Question

ServiceNow Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattel (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

They asked some in depth concepts about the process . They asked me to explain in detail about the experience in previous companies . I was also asked the pros and cons of working in the company .

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattel (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with HR over the phone, then with hiring manager face-to-face, and then with the team. It was about 4 hours total. There was a writing test prior to the interview. It went great, and I knew it would be a good fit immediately.