Mattress Firm Sales Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mattress Firm Sales Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Phone call from recruiter then in store interview. Interviewer was very professional and I could tell he knew sales.

Overall a pleasant experience. It took around 2 weeks after I filled out the application from start to finish

Interview Questions

• What makes your experiences stand out

Why us (as a company to work for)
      Answer Question

Apr 26, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts about our interview experience, and welcome to the Vancouver Mattress Firm team!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick to respond to my application and within days I was sitting in an interview. Most of the interview was about myself and why I wanted to work there. The best part was hearing my interviewers story and how he came to be where he us now. I mostly wanted to know what they had to offer me that I wasn't currently getting at one of there local competitors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my start date and give my current employer a notice. It was so simple and very exciting .

Feb 9, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital

Glad to hear you enjoyed the experience; welcome to the Mattress Firm team!

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

First had phone interview with a recruiter, which was very informative. Learned about the company, and the progression of the job from MIT, to Sr. MIT to Manager on Duty (MOD). The 1:1 was a fairly simple interview with the District Manager who asked several questions, and took notes (rating responses to the question)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What is your interest in working with the Mattress Firm Family? What did you find out about Mattress Firm that was unique?   1 Answer
    • What are your best character strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of a time when, you set professional goal and achieved it? What was the goal? What did you do to ensure you achieved it?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of a time when, you set professional goal and did not achieve it? What was the goal? What would you do differently if given the opportunity?   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about? Where does your motivation come from?   Answer Question
    • Who was your best manager or leader in the past? What traits did you have that made them a great leader?   1 Answer
    • What core values should all great companies have in order to sustain success?   Answer Question
    • How do you create value in a product?   Answer Question
    • If offered the position, what are your short term and long term goals? What really sets you apart from the other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question
    • What type of hours are you hoping to work? What is your ideal salary your first year at Mattress Firm?   1 Answer
    • We tend to work at multiple locations during each month, are you able to travel to the different stores in the district?   Answer Question
    • Lets explore your experience with customer service. Can you describe a time you exceeded the expectations-really went above and beyond-for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and received a call back almost two weeks later from the recruiter, asking me to schedule a phone interview. I set it up with him, he was very friendly and the interview was very conversational. He told me he would email me if I was not chosen to move forward, or call if I was chosen to move forward and interview with the district manager, but he changed his mind and decided he wanted to go ahead and move me forward.

I then interviewed with the district manager, he was very laid-back and explained more of the job and the responsibilities to me, and asked me questions about my current job and what I was looking for in a company. This interview was also very conversational, and it made me feel confident in moving forward with the company.

He said that he wanted to give himself a week to consider our conversation, and that he would call to either offer a job or ask me to interview with another district manager if he needed a second opinion. He called me in just under a week and verbally offered a job, and said the recruiter would send my official offer letter within the next day.

Interview Questions

• What three things do you think make a good sales person?   Answer Question
    • What three things would you like from the next company you work for?   Answer Question

The job and company culture sounded amazing, but I was not sure that the hourly they offered would be enough. The company offers commission but I spoke with a few people currently employed there and they said that they sometimes go months without getting paid during the slower season, and I did not feel I could afford that type of pay structure.

Oct 31, 2016 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital

Hello, and thank you for your review on your recent interview experience with Mattress Firm! While it seems you have made the decision to seek employment options elsewhere, I wanted to take a second ... More

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Well they convinced me to take the interview from a job fair even though I wasn't really interested. It was good chat but I had been open about my interest in other roles before accepting the interview then they seemed surprised when I was open about it during the interview

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about previous job experiences   1 Answer

Sales Manager- In TRaining Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (San Marcos, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple phone interview. I spent almost half an hour talking to the Talent Acquisition Specialist, who was very welcoming and cordial, making for a smooth and enjoyable conversation. It went so well I was immediately invited to do a face-to-face interview the next day despite not having past retail experience. I'm looking forward to it!

Interview Questions

• "Describe yourself in 3 words"
      "What are three characteristics you are looking for in an employer?"
      "What are your hobbies/What do you do in your spare time?"
      Answer Question

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Firstly, I think its tacky to hire for one role under the guise of 'training' with no date on the books for training to end. A guise to imply upward mobility. They're also tactical about mentioning hours and wage separately. As the monthly or yearly income sounds nice.... Until you calculate it on a 50ish hours per week scale which is what they said I'd work. Most people think of those big numbers on a 40 hour scale so it makes you think its much more than 10-11$ an hour job.

Interview Questions

• generic questions about work history and myself. was more trying to sell me on the job than interview me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2016.

Interview

I attended the national career day for the company. They started out the process with a power point presentation. The slides highlighted the growth of the company, and also explained the pay structure. They discussed in detail how different promotions and titles are achieved. After the power point presentation, I was taken into an office with a District Manager and Area Manager. The interview lasted approximately one hour. They asked the typical questions you would except from an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to meet a guest's expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, they ask a few questions and talk a little about the company. Then if you pass that they will get you in contact with your markets district manager. They will then set up another interview with you where it will be a lot like the phone interview but in person.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

After filling out People Answers and the application on the website you receive a call to schedule a phone interview. That is conducted by someone on the Talent & Acquisitions team and was a short, simple and pleasant conversation. If you pass that interview, you get a call to schedule a face to face with someone from Field Leadership. This interview could either be at a store or a neutral setting and typically takes 30-45 minutes. Sometimes you will be asked to conduct a second face to face.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a minimum of 50 hours a week with weekend and holidays being mandatory?   1 Answer