Mattress Firm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mattress Firm Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

I met with two recruiters who asked me behavioral questions like how I've dealt with a difficult customer or what I'm most proud of recently. We met at a satellite building to have the interview.

Interview Questions

• What happened to you recently that makes you really happy?   Answer Question

Sleepys Mattress Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

First there is a telephone interview with a recruiter followed by a face to face interview with an area manager followed by a 4 day training course in some far away remote location.
    The training is merely brainwashing as you are taught to worship the company and spend every waking moment thinking about how to increase their sales and line the pockets of management with more and more money.
    I declined the offer to baby sit their stores and clean their bathrooms for unclear compensation.
    Terrible tyrannical management wants robots to follow orders and take severe abuse.
    As a mattress professional you are just a tool management twists around until you break.
    Management has a poor reputation of abuses employees and discriminating against older workers older than 34 years old. They seem to want college kids 22 years old to "train" and brainwash and then use them for 6 months and get rid of the,.
    Area managers are 20 something year old kids who have stuck it out and were promoted because they has a few good months in sales but they have no management experience and make poor abusive managers. Bad management is the reason I ran far far away from this "opportunity".

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process, went well, Professional. The hiring staff ask several question, I detail their question's. They hired me. I began the next day. Continue process with Sam levtiz, til this m month. Nov 2016

Interview Questions

• One question, I was ask. If could I complete the task driven a fork lift. work well with other co-workers.... etc   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Relaxed environment, it takes place at their store in Polaris, obviously come well versed, dress well, with resume in hand. Make sure you know enough about the company to ask proper questions. We have two district managers here, both are great bosses who will do the interview together.

Interview Questions

• What's your worst quality, what's your greatest accomplishment, give me an example when you made a customer very happy and how did that make you feel.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? what's your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and received a call back almost two weeks later from the recruiter, asking me to schedule a phone interview. I set it up with him, he was very friendly and the interview was very conversational. He told me he would email me if I was not chosen to move forward, or call if I was chosen to move forward and interview with the district manager, but he changed his mind and decided he wanted to go ahead and move me forward.

I then interviewed with the district manager, he was very laid-back and explained more of the job and the responsibilities to me, and asked me questions about my current job and what I was looking for in a company. This interview was also very conversational, and it made me feel confident in moving forward with the company.

He said that he wanted to give himself a week to consider our conversation, and that he would call to either offer a job or ask me to interview with another district manager if he needed a second opinion. He called me in just under a week and verbally offered a job, and said the recruiter would send my official offer letter within the next day.

Interview Questions

• What three things do you think make a good sales person?   Answer Question
    • What three things would you like from the next company you work for?   Answer Question

The job and company culture sounded amazing, but I was not sure that the hourly they offered would be enough. The company offers commission but I spoke with a few people currently employed there and they said that they sometimes go months without getting paid during the slower season, and I did not feel I could afford that type of pay structure.

Mattress Firm Response

Oct 31, 2016 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital

Hello, and thank you for your review on your recent interview experience with Mattress Firm! While it seems you have made the decision to seek employment options elsewhere, I wanted to take a second ... More

Cafeteria Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (South Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Was very clear since the first phone call, I asked about my attire for the interview, I was asked for a second interview, the whole process went smooth. The company's building is all clean, very friendly staff at the point that the front desk people remember me by name.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience, what I will bring to the table.   1 Answer

Potential Canidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

1st was a phone interview discussing my resume and why I am a good fit for the company. 2nd was face to face with area manager. Hiring decision is done by the recruiter,Area manager and lastly a district manager.

Interview Questions

• Discussion centered around history of the company. Next why mattress firm is a good fit for me. Family orientated and promotions are based on performance not tenure. Why should Mattress firm hire me.(phone). Face to face interview was more personal as it related to past work experience,hobbies and career goals.   Answer Question

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Well they convinced me to take the interview from a job fair even though I wasn't really interested. It was good chat but I had been open about my interest in other roles before accepting the interview then they seemed surprised when I was open about it during the interview

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about previous job experiences   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Panel of 6 interviewers from upper management ask questions about why you want the position and what you would do with it. They also ask questions that test your knowledge of current company initiatives and "what if" situations

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 90days if you got the position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process took less than a week. Immediately, I could tell the Recruiter was fake. She was not personable at all, and doesn't represent your company well. She rushed the interview, and made you feel like she wasn't going to present you to the Hiring Manager. Too bad, because I know I would have shined had she given me a chance to meet the Hiring Manager.