Mattress Firm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.5

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Phone call from recruiter then in store interview. Interviewer was very professional and I could tell he knew sales.

Overall a pleasant experience. It took around 2 weeks after I filled out the application from start to finish

Interview Questions

• What makes your experiences stand out

Why us (as a company to work for)   Answer Question

Apr 26, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts about our interview experience, and welcome to the Vancouver Mattress Firm team!

RMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Typical questions.
    "Tell me a little about yourself." ...
    "What are your biggest weaknesses?" ...
    "What are your biggest strengths?" ...
    "Where do you see yourself in five years?" ...
    "Out of all the other candidates, why should we hire you?"
    The process was quick. I was offered the job about an hour after my interview. In fact, I was still on my drive home from the interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (West Paterson, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview just have to show that you are sales oriented and that you can handle being the manager of a store without having to be baby sat.

MIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Phone, then face to face with manager. Ervin interviewed me and made the process easy but I could tell he was reading me to insure I was a fit. The phone interview was done by Deja, who was very pleasant and nice to speak with. With these two being my first impression of the company I thought i was making a good choice.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Very awkward meeting with the VP.
    He was pretty uptight with a sense of arrogance about him and was not personable at all.
    I got a bit thrown off at the beginning of the interview when the first thing that came out of his mouth :“Do you have any questions for me?”
    You would expect to be asked this question at the end of the interview but he asked it at the beginning.
    Then he proceeded by asking me questions from a piece of paper and he was looking down the entire time. Very awkward.
    It takes three weeks for them to give you an answer, luckily I was offered a position , so I was glad that nothing was pending between me and this company offer wise.
    My advice is to consider this company as a last resort .

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me at the beginning of the interview   1 Answer

May 18, 2017 – Senior Talent Acquisition + Retention Manager

Thank you for your interest in an Analyst career opportunity at Mattress Firm! After reading your review, I am disappointed to hear that your interview experience might not have been seen as a... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Sanford, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply online. Receive a confirmation email. Then respond to the email to scheduled a phone interview appointment. Then confirmed the email. Then they call you. Really specific, 30 to 40 minutes interview, experienced questions what you want to know about the company. Second interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

3 interviews: phone, in person w/ district manager, in person with regional manager. Recruiter didn't respond to my requests for feedback. I spoke to other people in the interview process and they said I did well, so Idk what happened...

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you've dealt with? How did you solve your issue?   Answer Question

Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a little bit intimidating at first. It was with the district manager and two of the area managers. It lasted for about an hour. They asked a lot of personal questions rather than just experience related questions.

Interview Questions

• One time I tried my hardest and failed with a work experience.   Answer Question

Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was light and personable. Mostly based off of personality and reliability because you are applying to work in sales. You have to be outgoing an because you are typically in a store by yourself you have to be reliable and responsible

Interview Questions

Mattress Firm Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to leave a review regarding your interview experience with Mattress Firm. We are so excited you have decided to join the Mattress Firm team in NY!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick to respond to my application and within days I was sitting in an interview. Most of the interview was about myself and why I wanted to work there. The best part was hearing my interviewers story and how he came to be where he us now. I mostly wanted to know what they had to offer me that I wasn't currently getting at one of there local competitors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my start date and give my current employer a notice. It was so simple and very exciting .

Feb 9, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital

Glad to hear you enjoyed the experience; welcome to the Mattress Firm team!