Mattress Firm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.5

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process took less than a week. Immediately, I could tell the Recruiter was fake. She was not personable at all, and doesn't represent your company well. She rushed the interview, and made you feel like she wasn't going to present you to the Hiring Manager. Too bad, because I know I would have shined had she given me a chance to meet the Hiring Manager.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Panel of 6 interviewers from upper management ask questions about why you want the position and what you would do with it. They also ask questions that test your knowledge of current company initiatives and "what if" situations

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 90days if you got the position?   Answer Question

Store Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Rockaway, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

You are called and pre screened and then setup for an interview with the District Manager who will go over the job and ask basic interviewing questions. Overall was a nice conversation and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Mattress Firm?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn for the Houston, TX (corporate headquarters) location. Set up an interview the following day. Had a second interview the next week and accepted a job offer after the weekend.

Interview Questions

• 1. Rate your skills from 1-10
      2. What are 3 things you are looking for in your next job?
      Basic interview questions.
      Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. After in person interview, they may require a second interview by a panel of local managers if more than one store in area is hiring. At that point an offer is likely, and the panel interview is a bit like picking teams in gym class.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer used a list of standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Danbury, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with disrict manager at.a local Starbucks, not at a store.The manager was a very personable person and could see his intentbwas find8ng a person who wss motivated interested and would be a great beand ambassador for Matress Firm
    He was very clear in finding how you approach sales and your manner of selling. They do provide sakes training but your attitude towards sales needs to be customer counts and you need to interact with them accordingly.

Interview Questions

• To describe what was Mattress Firms mission statement   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me of a time you had a customer who was unhappy and how you resolved it?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate-Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Hamilton, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Total waste of time was phone interviewed by someone in Texas that interview went well and the person told me I should be hearing from the hiring manager (another guy from Texas, I’m in NJ by the way) in a few days. I heard from him alright in the form of a rejection e-mail. It later turned out that Mattress Firm never even had a location in my area so I was basically interviewed for and rejected from a position that didn’t even exist.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want to work for Mattress Firm?
      What are some of your greatest accomplishments?
      If you were an animal what kind of animal would you like to be?
      Name a time when you had to deal with a disappointed customer?
      How would you handle long periods of inactivity sitting, standing, laying around a show room that resembles a ghost town waiting for that rare moment when one or more customers actually come into the store?
      Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker how did you handle it?
      Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Would you be alright to work alone for extended periods of time?
      When can/could you start if hired?
      1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Austin, TX).

Interview

you have your typical phone interview, then if you pass this you get a callback to speak to upper management, more than likely a district manager. after that if all went well, then you will receive a job offer to begin your training. will be sent to a training class in Houston for additional training later on as you get more hands-on in the stores. you'll take an easy commission test, before you are able to start making commission.

Interview Questions

• what makes you feel you would be a good candidate here?   Answer Question

Store Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Great interview.. the District Manager was very clear and to the point.. He makes you feel confortable. The questions are the tipical questions in an interview and he stress out the pros and cons of working there, which I found very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How this job will afect my family relations knowing that you have to work every weekend?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I began with an online application. About a week later I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 45 minute conversation about the company. Within two days I had a second interview scheduled with a district manager. The interview was professional but low pressure.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations regarding a possible career with Mattress Firm?   Answer Question