Mattress Firm Manager On Duty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.4

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Phone interview first with corporate recruiter , followed by an in-person interview with District and Area Manager...Process took several weeks before hired. Not a difficult
process to go through.

Interview Questions

• How can you change someones life by selling a mattress set?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a little bit intimidating at first. It was with the district manager and two of the area managers. It lasted for about an hour. They asked a lot of personal questions rather than just experience related questions.

Interview Questions

• One time I tried my hardest and failed with a work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was light and personable. Mostly based off of personality and reliability because you are applying to work in sales. You have to be outgoing an because you are typically in a store by yourself you have to be reliable and responsible

Interview Questions

Mattress Firm Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to leave a review regarding your interview experience with Mattress Firm. We are so excited you have decided to join the Mattress Firm team in NY!

Manager On Duty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Wonderful, the whole process is story based. They want to know how you found mattress firm and why you think it is a good fit. Mattress Firm is a wonderful company.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a typical interview. You are interviewed by 2-3 district managers or area managers. They are all very nice people and ask typical interview questions. It lasted roughly 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Mattress Firm Response

Apr 26, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital

Thank you for taking a few moments to review your interview experience at Mattress Firm, and an early "Congrats!" on your upcoming 1 year anniversary... enjoy your $50 Happy Store credit as our thank... More

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Beavercreek, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

It took a little while put my application in a few days later I got a call from talent acquisition agent, who told me about her career and about the company and if I had any questions. Then I had a sit down with a district manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked about some of my experiences, and what I would do in particular situations.   Answer Question

Manager On Duty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Very simple meet and greet with the District Manager. Basic interview questions. Nothing special to point out. I asked a lot of questions about the business based upon reviews I had read on this site.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

There are two interviews. One is over the phone with a recruiter with Mattress Firm. The recruiter reviews your resume from their headquarters in Texas and then will contact the district manager within your region and discuss the optimal placement within the region. The district manager then has an interview with you one on one to determine if you will actually be a good fit for the team. The interview is more about your personal life and the way in which you communicate with others but they also consider past experiences similar to any other company interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

If you apply and are selected to move forward, you will have to take two online assessments. Once those assessments are reviewed and if you pass, you will receive a phone call from a recruiter. You will then interview with him/her and if you pass, then you will receive an in person interview. Once completed, the interview team will reach out to you within that following week.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say with regards to your positive qualities? Negative?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schererville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Schererville, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was fun and interesting. I did not feel nervous or put on the spot because they were friendly and open. There was a phone pre-screening, then I received a call for an in person interview. All 3 indivudals who were conducting the interview were engaging and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• If you woke up one day and there was an elephant in your back yard what would you do with it and what would you name it?   1 Answer