Mattress Firm Mattress Firm Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mattress Firm Mattress Firm Store Manager Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Irving, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was simple easy questions if you know what you want to do and you know how to accomplish your goals and you'll be fine. Go into the interview knowing that if you don't sell yourself and he/she buys so to speak then you won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why choose mattress firm   1 Answer
  • What type of sales person do you consider yourself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Memphis, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

First it was a phone screen, which I felt went very well, and the interviewed told me a district manager would be contacting me the following week. Never heard a word. I waited, contacted her again by email, was asked in what district I was located. Another week went by, no word. Finally I contacted her again, and received an automated email.
      Left me hanging for three weeks.
    VERY VERY unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you went above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

After submission of the application, you will be contacted for to set a time for your phone interview. Phone interview is easy and fun. Then if you pass the phone interview, you will be scheduled for a second interview which will be conducted in your local Mattressfirm Office. They are very welcoming during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to sell? How would handle a certain situation ?   Answer Question

Mattress Firm Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

I came into Mattress Firm as a walk in to recieve help with the purchase of a mattress. Afterwards was told about the compnay and that they were expanding and looking for great people. After completing the application, spoke with District Manager about a face to face interview. Filled out basic info (Tax stuff,contact info ect) Drug test, background check. Then started work on the first of the month.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very laid back, they are mainly looking to see if you are a people person or not and how much work experience you have.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, the company paid more than previous employer and better work enviroment and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone interview within two days of applying and then a follow up interview with the District Manager the following week.

They both asked questions that were geared to learning about your drive, motivation, any sales experience examples that showed your proficiency, and finally how on board you were to work for them.

Interview Questions

• How excited or committed are you to work for Mattress Firm on a 1-10 scale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online at company website. Was contacted by human resources to schedule a interview. Met with visiting HR representative. They called about a week later to offer the position. Very open about the pay and potential. Asked questions about experience and long term goals. Hid nothing about the company and the job.

Interview Questions

• Always find that questions regarding previous actions in certain circumstances can be difficult because you have to search through one's entire work history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room to negotiate. Everyone is treated equally.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

You will submit a application and cover letter online. If you meet their criteria you can expect a call within a week, for a 15 minute phone interview. If you make it past this interview, you will be given a face to face. This interview is very professional. Have a fresh haircut, be clean shaven and smell nice, dress in a suite that fits appropriately. Be prepared to have your resume scoured over. You will be given hypothetical questions about management and customer service. Be ready to list 3 good and bad traits of yourself. Be ready to interview for 45 min - 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most difficult situation you had with a customer, or client and how you resolved it?...This question was also hard if youre not prepared: List 3 things or traits you do well or are good, a 3 things you need to improve on or bad traits.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation other than the time off you expect to have around holidays.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Birmingham, AL) in March 2011.

Interview

Go online and fill out an application. Then you will be called for a phone interview. If you pass that you will be interviewed by the district manager.