Mattress Firm Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with on campus recruiters. Basic interview style. Was asked to arrive at headquarters in Houston, TX and was given a tour of the offices. Very down to earth and casual vibes. Definitely felt the family like culture when observing the employees interact with each other. Great people and great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions.
    1. Tell me about yourself
    2. What was your role in student organizations?
    3. Why do you want to work for Mattress Firm?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, laid back, they just want you to be you, and actually tell you to ask any questions, including the ones on the top 100 list to not ask.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales, retail, or customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Limerick, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

about average, initial phone interview, first meeting, second meeting, then hired. I was initially hired through Sleepy's which is now acquired by mattress firm. I imagine the process will be very similar.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Denver, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

4 managers at the same time very comfortable, but in depth. They went from person to person and asked questions. Conducted in a store which was helpful. I enjoyed it very much

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none. the position paid a set amount regardless of experience

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a day or two. Very nice hr personnel throughout the process. Had two phone interviews were we talked about job requirements, my qualifications, and the company in general. After that went downtown and had a one on one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Raleigh, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

Relaxed interview. No experience was required so it was more geared to seeing if I would fit the company culture and be a good fit. It is more a personality assessment than anything. It was a sit down with a district manager who tried to get to know me a little and made a judgement call if I'd be good with customers on the floor

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

I found it to be unprofessional. I was asked inappropriate and illegal questions pertaining to my age. Then I interviewed with someone else and that interview was much better but, it took nearly 10 days to get any word back on whether I was hired. It was a bit disconcerting to be told that I must have gotten lost in the cracks.

Interview Questions

• You're much older than the people we generally hire. How would you feel about taking direction from someone younger than you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2011.

Interview

I first applied online than I received an email form the local recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy and basic. Then I was set up to meet the dm for a face to face.

I declined the offer due to the fact that they require sales reps. to work 11 hours shifts, and the pay scale is draw vs. commission. I've been in sales long enough to know that with the pay structure they were offering I would not be making much over $30000 per year, and with the amount of hours they wanted me to work that would break down to nearly $12/hour.

Interview Questions

• List three words that would describe you as it relates sales.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the things you look for in a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Arlington, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Met with the manager. Asked basic questions, pretty straight forward. i.e. "When is a time you went above and beyond for a customer?"

Interview Questions

• Whens the last time you went above and beyond for a person?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in June 2009.

Interview

Applied 4 months before interview. Received a phone call informing that a phone interview was to take place in a week or so; took the phone interview, and waited 2-3 weeks before hearing a job offer. The interview was in person, very informal--with the DM and AM and they asked personality questions and questions concerning experience and drive. Make sure to research the company beforehand and know about their 5 year plan for aggressive expansion. AM and DM are great, but will work 60+ hours a week as it is a commission based job. The corporate culture is very corny.