Mattress Firm Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in July 2017.

Interview

Started with applying online, then on to scheduling a phone interview and the final step of the process was to do an in-person interview. Afterwards they either made an offer or thanked folks for their time.

Interview Questions

• If I were to build a company from scratch, what would the environment and the employees look like?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Sanford, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply online. Receive a confirmation email. Then respond to the email to scheduled a phone interview appointment. Then confirmed the email. Then they call you. Really specific, 30 to 40 minutes interview, experienced questions what you want to know about the company. Second interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

3 interviews: phone, in person w/ district manager, in person with regional manager. Recruiter didn't respond to my requests for feedback. I spoke to other people in the interview process and they said I did well, so Idk what happened...

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you've dealt with? How did you solve your issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I began with an online application. About a week later I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 45 minute conversation about the company. Within two days I had a second interview scheduled with a district manager. The interview was professional but low pressure.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations regarding a possible career with Mattress Firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (South Bend, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a simple process, overall a swift process, three rounds of interviews (telephonic interview, face-2-face and then a shadowing). Very simple process and the people were very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Cleveland district manager will hire anybody because they desperate. The job is a joke period. No one can make a good living working there unless you work for corperate. People get on glassdor and lie about the salaries there making. The interview is extremely easy because they will take anybody. The whole interviews is they ask you can you work the retail hours. The interview was easy and terrible

Interview Questions

• Simple questions like tell me about your sale
      Skills.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Greenville, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very easy. One phone interview that lasts about twenty minutes followed by a face to face interview at one of their store locations with a district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

A very fast process. Phone a 30 minute phone interview and then the in person interview. Altogether, process took around 5 days and I signed my offer letter the same week I had applied.

Interview Questions

• Describe leadership characteristics, how do you fit in with company culture etc.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter that lasted about 20 minutes, followed by an in-person interview with a district manager that lasted about an hour. This interview was followed with an in-store experience to see what the job was like on a daily basis. The interview process was very low-stress with typical sales and customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• One question asked me what my least successful job experience was?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the company maybe a week after applying online. Set up a phone interview that was supposed to take 15 minutes and took 30. They started by describing their personal experience moving up the ranks in the company and then asked for my background. Interview was easy, and afterward I was required to take 2 online tests--one timed, math-related, and the other a personality test. Have on-site interview next week.