Mattress Firm Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mattress Firm Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.6

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

3 interviews: phone, in person w/ district manager, in person with regional manager. Recruiter didn't respond to my requests for feedback. I spoke to other people in the interview process and they said I did well, so Idk what happened...

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you've dealt with? How did you solve your issue?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I began with an online application. About a week later I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 45 minute conversation about the company. Within two days I had a second interview scheduled with a district manager. The interview was professional but low pressure.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations regarding a possible career with Mattress Firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (South Bend, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a simple process, overall a swift process, three rounds of interviews (telephonic interview, face-2-face and then a shadowing). Very simple process and the people were very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Cleveland district manager will hire anybody because they desperate. The job is a joke period. No one can make a good living working there unless you work for corperate. People get on glassdor and lie about the salaries there making. The interview is extremely easy because they will take anybody. The whole interviews is they ask you can you work the retail hours. The interview was easy and terrible

Interview Questions

• Simple questions like tell me about your sale
      Skills.
      1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Greenville, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very easy. One phone interview that lasts about twenty minutes followed by a face to face interview at one of their store locations with a district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

A very fast process. Phone a 30 minute phone interview and then the in person interview. Altogether, process took around 5 days and I signed my offer letter the same week I had applied.

Interview Questions

• Describe leadership characteristics, how do you fit in with company culture etc.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter that lasted about 20 minutes, followed by an in-person interview with a district manager that lasted about an hour. This interview was followed with an in-store experience to see what the job was like on a daily basis. The interview process was very low-stress with typical sales and customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• One question asked me what my least successful job experience was?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the company maybe a week after applying online. Set up a phone interview that was supposed to take 15 minutes and took 30. They started by describing their personal experience moving up the ranks in the company and then asked for my background. Interview was easy, and afterward I was required to take 2 online tests--one timed, math-related, and the other a personality test. Have on-site interview next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was much better than expected. The interviewer asked proper questions and was easy to talk to. I am looking forward to the next face to face interview which is the next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to state 3 adjectives that best describe myself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I went through the initial phone interview and moved on to the next step which was to meet the District Manager. The interview was scheduled and I drove over to the interview and the District Manager never showed up. On my way home I called the DM and he indicated that he left me a message on my home phone. When I got home I checked my messages and sure enough he did. The only problem is he left the message after I had already left for the interview. He said he didn't have my cell phone number which is ironic because I was called by the HR department on my cell phone. Long story short, I would not want to work for a company that showed the lack of organization that Mattress Firm did. I called HR the next day and they made every excuse they could to try to cover for the DM and I told them I was not interested in pursuing a position with the company. I was told the DM used to own the chain of stores that Mattress Firm bought from him. I very seldom ever see any customers in any of their stores. My suggestion before going to work for this company is talking to some of the employees presently working in the town that you plan on interviewing with.