Maurice Sporting Goods Import Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maurice Sporting Goods

Import Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods (Northbrook, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Received phone call from HR Manager within maybe a week, it seemed very quick. He was very professional, impressed initially with company. Next, met with Import Administration Manager who didn't seem to know much about general Supply Chain Process or Import Administration. Interviewed then with Direction of Supply Chain, then a couple of members of the staff. I liked a couple of the people but I didn't get a good feeling with the lady who this position reports to, I immediately got the impression she is one of those types that know it all and likes to be the one in charge, but I had a strong impression based on the terminology she used that she strongly lacked the knowledge needed to be in her position, felt like she inherited the position or somehow got appointed by someone who favored her. I lost interest at this point because I've worked with that kind before and she told me she was there over 20 years, and that said it all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was handed an offer letter but declined because based on the job description and title, the compensation was embarrassingly low (offered $36K)