Maurices Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maurices Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maurices in January 2017.

Interview

Asked about me and wanted to know more about my personality and what I'm working on not job related which threw me off. Very friendly and down to earth. Shared some laughs and eased the tension.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that you are personally working on not job related.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Anonymous Employee in Enid, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Enid, OK).

Interview

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Basic retail interview questions with the hiring manager and a trainee. The store was not open yet so we met in a Starbucks. Dress like you know fashion, that is a big part of the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite fashion trend? What is your least favorite?
      Tell me about your work experience this far?
      What do you know about Maurices?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Fort Smith, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

I saw the application online and submitted, I called the store to let them know I had put in an application and two days later I was contacted for an interview. I had an interview with the store manager, and then a phone interview with the DM before they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions revolved around describing times you were placed in difficult positions at work and came out on top through your decision making   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maurices (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I spend about an hour with the store manager. She asked me the same questions in a slightly different manner to see if this would change my response. I had worked for the company before so I already knew what she was doing and how to handle it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation?
      What would you do if there was an emergency and you could not get ahold of the store manager?
      1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maurices in September 2014.

Interview

The interview took maybe 20 minutes and the standard interview questions were asked. We had the interview outside on a bench. Bring a resume, they'll ask questions based off of it. I had my interview with only one of the store managers, but I know that sometimes it might be two of them.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a customer that the outfit they have on doesn't look good/fit on them?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maurices in March 2014.

Interview

EXTREMELY EASY. Show a lot of personality and have fun with it and you will do just fine. Talk about how important customer service is and how you will implement superior customer service.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

They seemed very unorganized. First I would have 2 interviews. Next thing I knew it was 3. I was told I would be the first assistant but then At my final interview they told me it was just a full time assistant manager. I've seen my manager put off the hiring and interviewing process and girls become very discouraged. It makes the store and company look undependable and flaky. Not a good way to build a solid customer base.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty run of the mill. Nothing really took me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was at the end of my final interview and revolved strictly around pay. I wanted more than they were willing to pay, but still ended up on the high end of the pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I met with the store manager and the assistant store manager for the first two interviews. They asked me where I shopped, to describe examples of how I led successful results, and an example of when I'd failed. The final interview was over the phone with the district manager. It focused more on business results, lots of numbers, and how my background would help me contribute to the team.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe your style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Lawrence, KS) in September 2012.

Interview

You fill out an in-person application. Shortly after, when they are hiring, you are called in to take a digital, personality test. Then, if you pass, you are asked back for a group interview. Last, you are called in for a single interview and if you are ready to work, that is when you are hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a frustrating situation with a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Kenosha, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

A waste of my time. It could be a great place to work, but I unfortunately had a bad experience with the manager. I received a call 3 weeks later, and did not accept.

Typical questions such as:
    Tell me about yourself.
    Why Maurices?
    How would you "coach" somebody?

At the mention of pay the district manager "pretended" not to know.