Maurices Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.5

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices in November 2017.

Interview

I was following this company for awhile, and saw a posting for a FULL TIME Assistant Manager. A few weeks later, I saw another posting for the same position. Assuming it had not been filled, I submitted an application. The posting was about 8 days old at that point. A few days later, I saw the position had been reposted on Glassdoor. The posting was also on the company website portal. I called the correct store I had applied to, to follow up on the hiring process. The woman I spoke with identified herself as the current assistant manager, and did not plan to leave until February. She did tell me they had another low-ranking position that payed less and was part time. I asked why this Assistant Manager job was being posted, and she didn’t have an answer. Out of curiosity, I decided to go in and interview as a part time stylist. When I got there, the manager asked how much I knew about the position, which is when I told her I had intially applied for the assistant position, which was listed on Glassdoor as well as the company website. I inquired about this job, and if it had promising leads into the job I had originally applied for. She said it was possible that she would be hiring in the spring for a PART TIME assistant manager. She went on to inform me that “part time” would mean anywhere from 3-30 hours a week, and asked me how few hours I would “be able to live off of”....um, no thanks. I didn’t mention it, but the same location was hiring for a full time store manager (her job) position as well. If corporate plans on cleaning house, perhaps have a better point of contact than the employees you are trying to replace. Either that, or Maurice’s is simply collecting a large pool of applications for some undetermined point in the future. Either way, I found it inappropriate to be clogging up job boards with useless posts. I was invited back for a second interview but obviously declined

Interview Questions

• What is the fewest number of hours per week that you can “survive on”   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Cedar Park, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Short, I received a phone call then an in person interview the next day. It was more of a smile and laugh and the job was offered to me. I was told on the spot that she wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked specific questions that partained to the job. The manager was goofing off during the interview and wasn't serious about job related questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through 2 interviews. One of the interviews was with the store manager and the other was with the area sales leader. I had a great interview and they made me feel very comfortable so it was easier to talk about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with difficult people in your previous jobs.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maurices in January 2017.

Interview

Asked about me and wanted to know more about my personality and what I'm working on not job related which threw me off. Very friendly and down to earth. Shared some laughs and eased the tension.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that you are personally working on not job related.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maurices (Slidell, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 3 interviews before I got the positions. One phone interview, and two in person interviews. The phone interview only took about 5-10 minutes, asking basic questions about me and why I want to work at Maurices, the second was with the assistant Full-Time manager getting to know more about me and what would I do in X situation or have I ever done XYZ , and the third was with the store manager and that when we talked about company culture and what is expected of me.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had left a positive impression on a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Enid, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Enid, OK).

Interview

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Basic retail interview questions with the hiring manager and a trainee. The store was not open yet so we met in a Starbucks. Dress like you know fashion, that is a big part of the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite fashion trend? What is your least favorite?
      Tell me about your work experience this far?
      What do you know about Maurices?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices in December 2015.

Interview

I got to my interview a few minutes early. I informed the manager I was there. I waited for 30 minutes before my interview started. I was made to pick out an outfit to prove I was fashionable.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Fort Smith, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

I saw the application online and submitted, I called the store to let them know I had put in an application and two days later I was contacted for an interview. I had an interview with the store manager, and then a phone interview with the DM before they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions revolved around describing times you were placed in difficult positions at work and came out on top through your decision making   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maurices (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I spend about an hour with the store manager. She asked me the same questions in a slightly different manner to see if this would change my response. I had worked for the company before so I already knew what she was doing and how to handle it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation?
      What would you do if there was an emergency and you could not get ahold of the store manager?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maurices in September 2014.

Interview

The interview took maybe 20 minutes and the standard interview questions were asked. We had the interview outside on a bench. Bring a resume, they'll ask questions based off of it. I had my interview with only one of the store managers, but I know that sometimes it might be two of them.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a customer that the outfit they have on doesn't look good/fit on them?   1 Answer