Maurices First Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.5

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

Typical interview questions, tell me about yourself, sell your outfit, put together an outfit, two interviews, very laid back, asks about sales and retail background and leadership qualities. Also digs into your customer service skills and background

Interview Questions

• What is something you could would bring to the team   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (State College, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Generally there are two interviews to get a position at Maurices unless you are a seasonal hire. Usually the first assistant and gm for general positions, or for mine there was the gm and the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly you are asked to talk about your previous experience in management and customer service. You are really expected to carry the interview and "sell" yourself, so make sure you have good and specific examples to refer back to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Huntsville, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by smile spoke to Manager she is a very positive and nice person. My interview lasted for over an hour.interview felt we were new friends talking . We have a lot of the same Management styles and disciplinary methods. I fell like from what was told to me that this company invest in there
    employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever bend policy ?   1 Answer

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I was called for an interview about two weeks after applying online. I interviewed with a store manager. Before I even sat down, she said, "There isn't really an opening." The interview went well, with easy-to-medium-difficulty questions, and the store manager mentioned all of these possible positions and that she'd be back in contact soon. I sent a thank-you letter the next day. A week after, I left a message for her, and didn't hear back. Another week later, I left another message for her, and didn't hear back. I never heard back.

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I had an interview with Store manager and Assistant Manager first, then a second interview with the Store Manager and District Manager. It took awhile to go through the interview process because the DM was traveling one week and on vacation another week so there was about 2 weeks between the first and second interview, but I assume it usually doesn't take that long. It was down to me and one other person but they chose the other person and brought me on as a sales associate and am already being promoted to part time Assistant Manager after being there for one week.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Athens, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Took three months and I interviewed with 5 different people. I interviewed with the acting Assistant Manager and then with the acting Store Manager, then with three different district managers. It was very tedious.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about asking customers to open credit cards   1 Answer

First Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

VERY unprofessional, rude, not appreciative at all. The interview environment was loud, messy, and very unorganized. The manager left the interview several times to take phone calls and do other things that seemed more personal than work related. Overall this was the worst interview of my career. It deterred me from even considering the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Roanoke, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with the store manager that lasted for an hour. She gave a brief history of her background and the culture of the company and dove into asking about me. There were plenty of situational questions pertaining to customer service or motivating staff of which I gave examples from my current position. It was very conversational and flowed nicely.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing your spouse would say you're not very good at   Answer Question

Unfortunately the offer was just not enough for me to relocate to another state but it's been a month and I still wish things had worked out. The culture of the company seems fresh and inspired and I would have accepted if my situation was different.

They did negotiate but it still wasn't enough.

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices in July 2012.

Interview

Short, Hired on the spot, didn't ask many questions also very informal. Lasted approx. 15 minutes. Started working within 2 days after hire. Not much training involved at all, one day total. Still knew nothing. Overall a poor experience

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Bloomington, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

Online application with personality profile. Manager contacts applicants based on results of profile and availability. Depending on position hiring, District manager to 1st assistant manager could interview. References are checked. All paperwork is done online or signed during first day of orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your supervisor was not doing their part and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one. She called to offer me the position, told me what I would be making, and asked if that was ok. Then, I accepted.