Maurices First Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maurices First Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2016

2.4

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

Typical interview questions, tell me about yourself, sell your outfit, put together an outfit, two interviews, very laid back, asks about sales and retail background and leadership qualities. Also digs into your customer service skills and background

Interview Questions

• What is something you could would bring to the team   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Huntsville, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by smile spoke to Manager she is a very positive and nice person. My interview lasted for over an hour.interview felt we were new friends talking . We have a lot of the same Management styles and disciplinary methods. I fell like from what was told to me that this company invest in there
    employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever bend policy ?   1 Answer

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I was called for an interview about two weeks after applying online. I interviewed with a store manager. Before I even sat down, she said, "There isn't really an opening." The interview went well, with easy-to-medium-difficulty questions, and the store manager mentioned all of these possible positions and that she'd be back in contact soon. I sent a thank-you letter the next day. A week after, I left a message for her, and didn't hear back. Another week later, I left another message for her, and didn't hear back. I never heard back.

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I had an interview with Store manager and Assistant Manager first, then a second interview with the Store Manager and District Manager. It took awhile to go through the interview process because the DM was traveling one week and on vacation another week so there was about 2 weeks between the first and second interview, but I assume it usually doesn't take that long. It was down to me and one other person but they chose the other person and brought me on as a sales associate and am already being promoted to part time Assistant Manager after being there for one week.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Athens, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Took three months and I interviewed with 5 different people. I interviewed with the acting Assistant Manager and then with the acting Store Manager, then with three different district managers. It was very tedious.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about asking customers to open credit cards   1 Answer

First Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

VERY unprofessional, rude, not appreciative at all. The interview environment was loud, messy, and very unorganized. The manager left the interview several times to take phone calls and do other things that seemed more personal than work related. Overall this was the worst interview of my career. It deterred me from even considering the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Roanoke, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with the store manager that lasted for an hour. She gave a brief history of her background and the culture of the company and dove into asking about me. There were plenty of situational questions pertaining to customer service or motivating staff of which I gave examples from my current position. It was very conversational and flowed nicely.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing your spouse would say you're not very good at   Answer Question

Unfortunately the offer was just not enough for me to relocate to another state but it's been a month and I still wish things had worked out. The culture of the company seems fresh and inspired and I would have accepted if my situation was different.

They did negotiate but it still wasn't enough.

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices in July 2012.

Interview

Short, Hired on the spot, didn't ask many questions also very informal. Lasted approx. 15 minutes. Started working within 2 days after hire. Not much training involved at all, one day total. Still knew nothing. Overall a poor experience

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Bloomington, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

Online application with personality profile. Manager contacts applicants based on results of profile and availability. Depending on position hiring, District manager to 1st assistant manager could interview. References are checked. All paperwork is done online or signed during first day of orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your supervisor was not doing their part and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one. She called to offer me the position, told me what I would be making, and asked if that was ok. Then, I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maurices (Rogers, AR) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got a call to come in for an interview. The first interview took about an hour. A lot of expected questions, such as give me a scenario of when a customer was upset, what did you do you remedy the situation? They also wanted to know if I traveled a lot, could sell their credit card, and if I was fashionable. The girl made it seem like they were REALLY into having all of the employees wearing "in fashion" clothing, which I totally understand. However she also said sometimes she could "only afford a new piece of clothing once or twice a month" and that sometimes that would have to do. I'm not buying a whole new wardrobe full of Maurice's clothing on a season to season basis. I have fashionable clothing that consists of other brands besides Maurices, and do not plan on making this my life long career. The discount is generous, but not THAT generous!

The interview to me was a walk in the park. Most retail interviews are the same. General "what would you do or have you done" questions. They want to see how you would deal in different situations, from an upset customer to having do deal with a last minute floor set. Expierience is also key in this position. The ideal candidate should be able to train and coach other associates (coaching is very big here from the sounds of it, which is good!)

I was quickly called back for a second interview with a different manager. Same of the basics, a little more detailed and a lot of repeating from the first interview into the second it seemed to me. Again, credit card sales seem to be a HUGE deal here, not something that I am really into. If I wanted that kind of pressure I better be making commission.

My advice to candidates you want this position is that they want serious sellers and fashionistas only. Not someone who can sometimes sell, but always willing to sell and make that extra buck. They definitely want "pushy" sales people. The females I interview with both made it very clear to me that there would be high standards of pushing the company credit card, which put me off quite a bit. We are in a down economy still, and you want me to push a credit card?

Interview Questions

• What is the most frustrating thing for you working in retail?   1 Answer

After looking at Glass Door reviews for the company, it seemed that the company was going to be too much of a stressful workplace for me. I do not like people breathing down my neck for credit card applications. If someone says "twice" I'm not going to beg them to get it so you can have a hold of them forever.