Maurices Full Time Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maurices in January 2017.

Interview

This interview was a joke. I applied for a assistant manager received a confirmation email saying I had applied for the position. I received a call asking to be interviewed for a assistant manager once I arrived I went through the interview process to find out it was a stylist position.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to find a few outfits for certain situations   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Parker, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and called them to set up an interview. Upon arriving at the first interview, I was asked to create an outfit for a first date and then to explain why I chose what I did. Then I answered very specific scenario questions from one of the managers for about 45 minutes and was told it would take some time before I may be called for a second interview. For the second interview, I came in and was asked to create an outfit for an outdoor festival, and then asked to explain my choices again. They also asked if I would wear the outfit I chose, which I definitely would have! This interview was with the store manager and another girl who I think was training with her. They both asked specific questions similar to the first interview and I was told they had other candidates and it would take them a couple more weeks to make a decision! I politely told them I would back out of the interview process as I had already received another offer from another company. Maurice's has an extremely long interview process - it takes at least a month for you to find out if you even will get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a sales goal you had to reach.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an employee who didn't want to follow a policy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piqua, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Piqua, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

post that there is openings but then the first thing at the interview you are told there are not any available and they just do interviews to build a roster of possible employees.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Valdosta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The store manager currently was training and had another store manager shadowing her during the interview. It was pretty standard. It's a small town so we kind of ventured off and started talking about the New York trainer's experience in the city.

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maurices in April 2015.

Interview

I got to the interview and asked for the person that I had spoke to on the phone. She was off for the day and I stated I had a interview with her at 3. The lady states that I'm interviewing with her instead and it was scheduled at 3:30. She finished her project and met me about 10 minutes later. When we go into the office, she lets me know that the position that they are hiring for is part time sales associate that would be 10-15 hours per week. If the person who had called me earlier in the week would of stated that I would not of even went to the interview. Waste of time!

Interview Questions

• What are three words that describe your personality? If you could open your own business, what would it be and what would customer service be like?   Answer Question

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I had to take a 'test' before the interview started---100 questions, with answers like 'I highly agree', or 'neutral', which is fairly easy to pass, just don't think too much about what's right or wrong, but go with your first answer. I was asked basic sales/manager questions about my previous jobs. We talked a lot about sales goals and credit card goals. It was a very laid back interview. I got a call back that night for a second interview with a different manager for the next day, which went pretty much the same as the first interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they asked was if I wanted to interview for the store manager position that was open! And, since I didn't quite have the experience I felt I needed, I declined.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but they did pay what I had asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Marshalltown, IA) in July 2012.

Interview

Very laid back and easy. Whoever was leading the interview made sure to make you feel at ease and talks to you as if you're a friend rather than just another face in the crowd.
     Interview mostly focuses on experience in customer service. A lot of questions also are based upon how you would handle certain type of situations.
    The whole process took about 2 weeks. One interview with store manager and second interview with first assistant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview went very well. It is an excellent way to balm the nerves of the nervous people. Group interviews the first time around were very easy. Questions wer very generic, nothing about "what do you know about us". All consisting of questions that pertained to your personality and how you handle things.
    I was called back for a second interview 3 weeks later and I am waiting to hear what happens. They are making the decision in a few days.
    This interview Is very easy for the people who get nervous and choke up. The people are very friendly and personalbe and they make you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest conversation you had to have with a manager and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stressful situations? Are you willing to relocate out of state??   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Houghton, MI) in October 2008.

Interview

Sucess profile is first - this tells the company if you are a good fit or not. It's not a personality test, it tests you in categories such as reliability/dependability, morals/ethics, attitude, etc. If that goes well, a 1:1 interview is given and sometimes a second one is required. References are checked, and if they are good, the store manager consults with the district manager. If they both like the candidate, an offer is made. Questions that sounds like they're negative aren't looking for answers that make you seem "bad" - they are looking for how your handle a situation where you can't go to work, or can't get something done, because management knows life gets in the way sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you said you would do something, but didn't do it. What was the situation and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were unable to come to work. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had. What was the situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the last time you showed up for work or a meeting late. Why were you late and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

You'll have to fill out a "success profile". This basically tells the store manager if you will be a good fit with the company. They will then interview you. If the interview went well, they will call you after about a week.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to motivate, or get a group of people excited about something." "Tell me about a time where you were faced with a challenge, whether at work or in your personal life, what you did, and what the outcome was."   Answer Question