Maurices Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

2.4

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Queensbury, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The person interviewing me was very unprofessional. She spent more time talking about her life, mom, daughter, ex-husband. She couldn't find the interview questions on the tablet to ask me.

Interview Questions

• She couldn't find the questions to ask me on her tablet so she just asked me to tell her about myself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

Interview with only the manager and she just asked simple questions that were easy to answer and it was a good experience. Fast and was offered the job as soon as it was over. Just be enthusiastic and ready for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

Took a few days to get a call back and after the interview I was immediately declined the offer. One on one interview asked multiple and personal questions , very judgemental. They wanted a lot of expectations just to be a regular sales associate-this isn't Burberry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Salem, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. Originally 5 people were supposed to come, but only three (including myself) showed up. There were 11 total applicants that were chosen for interviews. She took us into the back room and asked us questions one-by-one. It was very light-hearted and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What kind of trends do you like that are currently popular?   1 Answer
    • What's something you would change about your past working experience?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

It was very easy. I was over dressed in professional clothing. While others who interviewed wore clothes from Maurices like you would on the job. The questions were basic and did not involve much.

Anonymous Employee in Yulee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Yulee, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I actually applied and came in once to follow up and then they told me they hired someone else and I continued coming in just to check and see if they were hiring again and she told me yes so I applied again and continued coming in and that is why they chose me to come in for an interview. The interview was not super long only about 12 minutes she asked me 5 of her own questions and then about 7-10 of questions coming from the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were at school or volunteering and went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • What did you like/dislike about the Good Samaritan?   1 Answer
    • If I were to call one of your teachers what are 5 words they would use to describe you?   1 Answer
    • How do you work with a group where there is a person who is not pulling their weight?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a certain career goal in mind?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Vancouver, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed a week later with the strangest interview questions. This location is a location for building managers so they want growth with new associates. I just wanted a second job. I did not receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• What are three things in your closet you couldn't live without?   1 Answer
    • What is your main goal with Maurice's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cabot, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Cabot, AR) in December 2016.

Interview

I actually had a pre interview and went in to meet the manager at my local store. Doing that really does make the difference. She asked me questions about why I was interested in the job and what kind of schedule I was looking to work. It was helpful because I was able to talk with her about things I couldn't while completeing the online process.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the job.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I went in the store and asked about applying. I was told to apply online. I did and didn't hear back for a month. But then I did and got called in for an interview. At the time, I applied for a seasonal, part time spot, but I've been there for a year now!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had something on that she loved, but it didn't look good on her?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called a week later for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 store managers. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. Know the trends for the season!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went out of your way for a customer.   2 Answers