Maurices Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maurices Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

It was very easy. I was over dressed in professional clothing. While others who interviewed wore clothes from Maurices like you would on the job. The questions were basic and did not involve much.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Anonymous Employee in Yulee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Yulee, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I actually applied and came in once to follow up and then they told me they hired someone else and I continued coming in just to check and see if they were hiring again and she told me yes so I applied again and continued coming in and that is why they chose me to come in for an interview. The interview was not super long only about 12 minutes she asked me 5 of her own questions and then about 7-10 of questions coming from the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were at school or volunteering and went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • What did you like/dislike about the Good Samaritan?   1 Answer
    • If I were to call one of your teachers what are 5 words they would use to describe you?   1 Answer
    • How do you work with a group where there is a person who is not pulling their weight?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a certain career goal in mind?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Vancouver, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed a week later with the strangest interview questions. This location is a location for building managers so they want growth with new associates. I just wanted a second job. I did not receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• What are three things in your closet you couldn't live without?   1 Answer
    • What is your main goal with Maurice's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cabot, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Cabot, AR) in December 2016.

Interview

I actually had a pre interview and went in to meet the manager at my local store. Doing that really does make the difference. She asked me questions about why I was interested in the job and what kind of schedule I was looking to work. It was helpful because I was able to talk with her about things I couldn't while completeing the online process.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the job.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I went in the store and asked about applying. I was told to apply online. I did and didn't hear back for a month. But then I did and got called in for an interview. At the time, I applied for a seasonal, part time spot, but I've been there for a year now!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had something on that she loved, but it didn't look good on her?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called a week later for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 store managers. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. Know the trends for the season!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went out of your way for a customer.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Clarksville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and it took 2 weeks for a call back. This was my first interview and I was called in for a group interview. I was the only one out of six that didn't have job experience, so I felt that the other girls had a little more advantage but the interview was short and smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself & something special about you.   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in one word.   1 Answer
    • Where do you get your inspiration of fashion?   1 Answer
    • Describe one harsh time you had while working.   1 Answer
    • What do you like about Maurice's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Green Bay, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Within 3 days got a call asking to set up an interview about 4 days later on a Wednesday. The interview was with an assistant manager. She brought me to the back to the office and started off by telling me a little about herself and the company. She said the interview process was the first interview with her, and if they liked me then I would receive a call for a second interview with the store manager. She was very nice and asked me a few questions, but not too many. She then gave me a pretend situation and gave me 5 minutes to go out on the floor and find an outfit for her. Then I had to describe the outfit and why I chose what I did. Then she asked me a few more questions and the interview was done. The next day, I received a call around 3pm from the same assistant manager and she asked if I could come in for a second interview with the manager at 6pm that night. The manager was very kind as well. She asked me about what my plans are after high school (I'm still in high school), to tell her a little about myself, how I keep up with the latest trends, if I had any cashier experience, and availability. She then scheduled me in for the next 2 weeks, and said that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do/say if you asked a customer if they needed help, but they rudely said they were just looking?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up with the latest trends?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any cashier experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were really organized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maurices (Greenfield, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

I came in for a group interview after receiving a call from the manager. There were 5 girls in my group. We kind of just went around the circle answering questions. I offered to answer first because the other girls seemed really nervous and I knew most of them from my school. After that, we went out to the store and each picked out an outfit that we thought would work well for a girl going on a first date. Then we answered a little more questions and the interview was over!

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you've had to deal with drama at work/school and how you avoided it.
      Tell a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Kennewick, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Really well. She asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them with the best of my ability and we carried conversation well that by the time the interview was done an hour had gone by.

Interview Questions

• What is a conflict you have had with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question