Maven Wave Partners Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Maven Wave Partners Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Lead .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maven Wave Partners (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen by HR, technical phone interview, on-site interview with HR, another developer, a Principal and a product manager. Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable, willing to answer all questions. The only problem I found is that they never, ever called or emailed afterwards with feedback. I left voice mails for HR and emailed with no response.

Interview Questions

• Fairly typical interview questions about experience, technical skills, how I would react in certain situations.   Answer Question

Maven Wave Partners Response

Mar 9, 2016 – Recruiter

We are very sorry that you felt your experience was negative. HR does their very best to set clear expectations prior to, and after, all interviews. If there was not an immediate update with where ... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Maven Wave Partners (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview with 3-4 other consultants and managing consultants. Possibly interview with client as well

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maven Wave Partners (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Was very smooth and easy

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Maven Wave Partners (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process can be quick or fairly lengthy. It all is derived from needs at the client engagements. With that said, the firm is always trying to find good talent to keep the pipeline of quality professionals solid. So my experience was fairly standard in that we met a few times over a couple months to make sure the firm and I matched well. Then when the right client opportunity was presented, I was ready to take the job.

In other situations, there is an immediate need and the entire interview process can be completed in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• This is highly dependent on the role be applied for and individual interviewer. However, in general we look for strong business consultants who have supporting tech skills, or vice versa. So depending if you are a 'business major' or a 'tech major' be prepared to answer very detailed questions in your respective area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The firm is very fair when it comes to negotiation. They understand that it doesn't do any good to hire someone on that is unhappy with compensation. This is just a recipe for issues down the road. That being said, the firm understands current market value of roles.

Senior Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maven Wave Partners (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

For key client facing positions in management consulting practice area, had to interview with each of the Partners. Interview questions ranged across client experience, familiarity with technology enablers and how business can be transformed by technology. Typical key concepts found in interview questions: Portfolio Management, Value Management, Business Case Development, Operational Consulting, SDLC, Program Management and Project Management. Experience in consulting back office functions and managing fast growth company questions also were asked.

Interview Questions

• If you could go back in time and change one job and its experience, what would that be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very transparent and open. Very fair.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Maven Wave Partners (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Standard interview started with a recruiter followed by several phone interviews with various levels within the company. I found the phone interviews to be mostly standard experience based interviews with little challenge. I ended the process with a face 2 face interview with one of the senior partners. The recruiter ended up discussing an offer however I declined based on the cultural fit of the company.