Mavenlink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mavenlink Interview Questions

Interviews at Mavenlink

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mavenlink (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the next day. Interviewed onsite for 3 hours, then talked to the CEO and then the hiring manager (who had to reschedule a couple of times) to get offered the job. Besides the couple of reschedules, the process was great and featured one of the best technical interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Pair programming on a feature after basic technical screening stuff.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Process moved quickly, went straight to technical interview via video chat. Pair programming exercise. Interviewing implemented code while I talked through the design. Was very enjoyable. Interviewer was extremely friendly and professional. One of the best interviews I've had.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mavenlink (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process:
    1. Brief behavioral/intro call with a hiring manager; in my case with the SVP of engineering.
    2. One hour coding exercise; in my case, it was a design pairing session in Java.
    3. On-site; one morning pairing session over a feature inside the application, lunch with two engineers and lastly another pairing session over a kata.

Very smooth process, they were very accommodating with my timeline and everyone was pleasant at every point. I was politely told that they would not be moving forward at the end of the on-site after giving me some feedback about the problems I worked on. It seems that I didn't do so well on the last exercise, but what was strange to me as how quickly the decision was made. I had working code at the end of all the exercises, but perhaps they were not so keen on my process or style. Seems a bit arbitrary to me, but regardless seems like a cool place for the right people.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview started with tell me about yourself. Asked some interesting points from my resume .Then about Project work and responsibilities in project. technical questions about programming language and data structures. known technologies that i worked on. Personal hobbies.

Interview Questions

• what algorithms did you use in project?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process itself was fine. There was pairing on a simple algorithm coding challenge that I finished early and some other technical interviews. However, the offer experience was honestly one of the most off-putting I’ve encountered. I got an offer from Mavenlink for 115k and then another offer from a smaller company for 135k, so I used the other offer to try to get ML to come up. The hiring manager told me that I wasn’t “worth” that salary and it would be “inappropriate” to give me that comp. As a woman, I felt this spoke volumes about how I would be valued and how they respond to strong women who advocate for themselves. I had crushed the interview and at the end of the day, the hiring manager told me how excited the team was by how I had done and how he saw leadership potential in me. But they refused to pay me what I was worth as validated by another company who eagerly offered me more. It would have been one thing if he framed the issue as one of budget or fairness to other engineers at my level, but he made it a person attack on my worth. I’d advise other women to be very careful with this company who advertises themselves as advocates for D&I but then won’t put their money where their mouth is.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mavenlink (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was promptly reached out to in a few days. I went through several phone calls with various Mavenlink employees, and then had a technical phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my resume as well as my experience.   Answer Question

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mavenlink (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Long, disorganized and unprofessional. HR Director no showed on 4 out of 5 interviews. Only gave me 8 minutes on the one she bothered to show up for. She stated that she heard what she needed to hear and that the process would move along faster now that she wanted to introduce me to this CEO

Interview Questions

• Only one: tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Mavenlink Response

Sep 1, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. We're sorry you've had this experience. We are committed to creating a culture of collaboration and commitment to success at Mavenlink. Our intention is to reflect this in the interview process, and throughout one's career here. We welcome any direct feedback to our hiring team, please feel free to reach out to us, jobs@mavenlink.com.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mavenlink (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume and received an email from the Mavenlink Recruiting Team to schedule a time slot to speak further. They rescheduled the phone interview twice before committing to a date/time. On the day of the scheduled phone interview, I never received a call from them. After waiting patiently, I sent an email to find out it there was another conflict. Disappointedly, I received an response stating that they may have already identified finalists for the position and they would be cancelling my call. Hands down, this has been the most unprofessional process that I have ever experienced.

Mavenlink Response

Feb 29, 2016 – VP of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. Apologies for missing our scheduled phone conversations, that must have been frustrating. Growing as quickly as we are, and having the economic climate shift rather dramatically, we had focused on two finalists (from our network) for a permanent, full time position. But that has since changed to outsourcing the role as that is the best option presently for our company as we continue to scale and grow while being in tangent with today's economy.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mavenlink (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks. It was a great experience. Started off with an email in order to schedule a call with one of their recruiters.

I will say that my recruiter, Chris, was really on top of things. Whenever she mentioned she would get back to me, she did. Once I passed the screening call, I had an onsite interview with their director of business development, and the manager. Both really great people. The whole experience was great.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales background do you have?
      What questions do you have about Mavenlink?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mavenlink (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Short and non specific phone interview, in person panel interview with CEO, CCO, and the sales managers. Then work for free for a whole day. Very little discussion of job functions or product information.

Interview Questions

• No questions. Just constant talking for the interviewer selling you on the product.   1 Answer