Mavens Solutions Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mavens Solutions Architect Interview Questions

4.0

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consists of a total of four rounds with the first two being phone interviews. During the phone interviews, the interviewers seek to get a better sense of your background and provide you with an overview of Mavens and the interview journey you’re about to embark on. After the second round, you're given a set of business requirements to build a demo application using Salesforce. You're also provided with a mock client contact at Mavens who will answer any requirements questions you have along the way. You're given a few weeks to complete the application, then you present it to a three person group of Mavens employees. If you’re local to Chicago, you will present the application in the office, and if not, you’ll present it on a conference call. The demo is focused on the end user’s perspective rather than running through the Salesforce configurations completed. Be prepared to answer questions regarding the design of your application as you complete the demo. Following the presentation, you’ll be scheduled for the final interview where you will meet with three to four Mavens employees.

Overall the interview process was long, but the thorough vetting that Mavens does throughout the process shows that the company is heavily invested in hiring the right people. Mavens doesn't necessarily hire people to fill open positions by a certain deadline, and instead, they hire a person when he/she is the right fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mavens

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was four rounds. The first two were over the phone. The third was a case study, where you work with a current Mavens employee who acts as a client, gather requirements, build out a solution in Salesforce, and present the solution at the end. The last round was to come into the office to meet with a few Mavens employees in person. It was a long interview process, but it showed how serious Mavens is about finding people who are the right fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• During the case study presentation, you will want to justify and have an answer to why you made certain design decisions for the solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is broken into multiple phases from 1:1 'getting to know you' style calls right through to a mock client simulation of a real life project to really challenge your consulting skills.

The overall process is quite a time dedication and is not for everyone, but Mavens are a small very unique organisation who invest the time to ensure every candidate is going to be a strong fit in the culture they've worked hard to cultivate. The interview process is onerous but at the heart of it is really getting to know you as both a professional and a person to ensure you're a good fit for Mavens, and more importantly Mavens is a good fit for you!

The case study is by all means the most challenging part of the interview process. I took a few days off work to give it the attention it deserves, and if you're anything like me and genuinely enjoy the challenge as you work your way through then you're probably on the right track applying to Mavens.

What really stood out to me is the number of Mavens who want to get to know you. Everyone is very interested to meet you and check out whether you're ready to be part of the family so expect to meet many new faces. It particularly resonated with me that the founder and CEO takes the time to meet & speak to every potential new hire.

Interview Questions

• What makes Mavens unique and what do you envisage doing day to day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very transparent and open

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview Process is three phase with the final phase of a sample project. Completing the project successfully was no easy task and how you described your solution was as important if not more than your actual technical expertise. Maven's is more than just expertise it is about building a successful working team across multiple levels and skillsets.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I found the Mavens interview process extremely thorough, challenging, and rewarding. To say that Mavens is "selective" in their hiring process is true, but also misleading, as this can be interpreted as an being like an exclusive club. In reality, they spend just as much time during the hiring process helping to make sure Mavens is the right fit for you, not just the other way around.

I was referred from an existing Mavens employee who put me in touch with one of the co-founders for an initial phone conversation. As I referred to above, this was absolutely a two-way conversation where I had the opportunity to ask a multitude of questions about the background and future of Mavens in addition to talking about myself.

The next step was a Salesforce configuration exercise to build a demo environment based on a set of business requirements, and interact with a designated "customer" point of contact, with a presentation of the completed solution to panel of 3-4 people from Mavens. It's a brilliant way to assess a candidate's interpersonal/consulting skills on top of just how well they can configure Salesforce. Plus, it also gives you a chance to meet and interact with other people from the company.

Finally, the last step is an in person day of interviews/conversations in the Chicago HQ office. If you've made it this far (and many don't), this gives you an incredibly good sense of the culture of the company and what it would "feel" like to work there. For me, it confirmed everything I had heard or anticipated going in and when I was finished I literally couldn't wait to get started.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest professional accomplishment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1.) Phone Interview - Standard Interview Questions
    2.) Interview Exercise - A mock consulting engagement. Need to build an application and demo the solution. It was a great opportunity to demonstrate skills, but requires about 40 hrs of effort to be successful.
    3.) Fit Interview - 1:1 interviews with 2 Mavens and then a lunch

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mavens.

Interview

Well​-thought-out interview process. The first phase was a phone screening, followed by a call to learn about the requirements for a mock Salesforce solution design, and approximately two weeks later, a presentation/design review of said solution. Great way to assess technical aptitude, consulting skills, and culture fit.

I had the opportunity to interact with multiple Mavens employees and they were all very pleasant. It is a small company so you bypass the hassle of talking to a recruiter/HR who knows nothing about the industry; these are all people who work in the trenches. Seems like a great company and an amazing team.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your presentation went? How would you rate your solution?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Mavens.

Interview

I began the interview process in September of 2013. It took a total of 5 months from first initiation until my first day at work. It was a hard and challenging process, but is totally worth it because I know that everybody else had to go through the same process.

It takes a special kind of person to become a Maven and it is exciting to know that I am surrounded by people who endured the same process and demonstrated the same set of core values. This is so valuable because each individual Maven brings different skill sets, experiences, and ideas but those attributes are built on similar core foundations.

Because of this philosophy, expect to see extraordinary things come from Mavens Consulting!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to Chicago?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very thorough phone discussion to kick the interview process off. Everything was laid out, including compensation, expectations and a detailed summary of what the interview process would entail. Following the phone discussion was a SFDC development project, including a final presentation of that project to a group via Go-To-Meeting. The project was challenging and time consuming. Feedback on the project and presentation was candid. Following the project/presentation were three rounds of 1:1 interviews, which included challenging questions and a white board session.

An overall thorough interview process, but honest, well executed and rewarding as a candidate. Mavens does an incredible job of giving honest and timely feedback. They're interested in testing your skills but also getting to know you as a person to see how you will fit within their culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation was taken care of up front. I was presented with the compensation package immediately and asked whether or not I would like to continue the interview process based on that package.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Mavens has a very unique interview process that I found very refreshing -- although pretty long and time consuming. First and foremost, the interview process is all about fit and culture. That is the #1 criteria that is being evaluated.

As it was laid out to me the evaluation is:
    1. Culture Fit
    2. Consulting Skills (problem solving, communication, presentation, etc.)
    3. Technical Skills

The interview process lasted about 3 months. First there were two phone screens. Next was the Interview Exercise. This exercise requires a candidate to meet with a Mavens consultant to gather requirements, then build a salesforce application, and concludes with presenting a demo of the solution to a group. Finally, the last step was 2-3 hour in person interview with several 1:1 interviews.

Although the process sounds daunting, for me it was very freshing. I did not have direct salesforce experience, but was able to showcase my ability to pick up the technology and present a solution. It truly gives candidates an opportunity to "show" rather than "tell".

Interview Questions

• Building and Demoing the Interview Exercise Application   1 Answer