Max Life Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Max Life Insurance Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance.

Interview

Basically go through your resume first and pop up the questions to ask you to see whether you will fit in the position. And then they would ask you some typical personality questions.
    Pros
    - In general very friendly and we have a very good conversion on understanding the company as well as the program provided.
    Cons
    -They would require you to take a computer-base test on some behavior questions. If some questions you don't agree or disagree with extreme answers, the scores didn't come well as reference.

Interview Questions

• If someone knows about you, what are the words they would describe you?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The first interview basically went through basic questions and background information about me. After that, the second round is like a career opportunity conference. After you finished the assignment of second round interview, they will schedule another meet up.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

My hiring process was some what normal. Met my recruiter during a random conversation and invited to check out the company and call him if i was interested. My recruiter was charismatic and more importantly honest. Discussed the company, the job, and how to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can sell 3 $100 policies a month along with one asset transfer?

If yes, then you would be an average employee here.   Answer Question
    • What's important to you in life?   Answer Question
    • Any question to figure out your comfort ability with the job and if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Associate Partner Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing process seems like a scam
    The first meeting they made me do a personality test, that would basically determine you could work there or not. I've actually interviewed with NYLife twice on the same day at different locations, and I was accepted by one, but rejected by the other after the initial personality test. I just don't understand how answering a few questions on a scale of 1 - 5 can determine whether you're fit for the job. Especially when they boast about their employees being from all backgrounds, why pre-screen people if everyone supposedly fits... During the second session, there was a 2.5 hour info session that I had to sit through, where more than half of it was just convincing you why NYLife is a good choice. I just wanted to know the pay, benefits, and what exactly working at NYLife entails. After the session, they handed out an info packet/booklet and told us to get references/sales (2 a day for the next 2 and a half weeks) which seemed like a lot to ask if we weren't even officially signed on yet. Basically the whole process seemed like a pyramid, and I would say it was a negative experience for me.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't ask anything too hard besides typical interview questions.
      The first meeting they basically explained (very vaguely) what NYLife was about and wanted an opinion on it.
      What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview was face to face with the recruiting coordinator. She asked me about my personal experience and life. Besides, she asked me about my skills, personality, personal characteristics, knowledge, and aptitude.
    The recruitment process has three steps. First, the face to face interview with the recruiting coordinator. Second, a Career Opportunity Class to show you what you will do. Third, an interview with a top manager.
    I did not accept the position, because is a based commission salary position. You need to earn your own money. The problem is that you have 3 months before to start your sales process. Thereby, you will have three months without salary until you have your license and start to make your own clients.

Interview Questions

• If I meet a close friend of you. What that person could say about you?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor/Registered Representative/Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (Reston, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, which took about more than two hours. The entire process didn't asked anything, but just submitted a test/questionnaire which asks you about whether you are authorized to work/will be authorized to work in 90 days, and whether you are over 18. The person I interviewed with was just trying to sell their company, which I thought was weird.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance.

Interview

Called for an Interview on a monday, Interviewed that Wednesday. The interview was about an hour long, we had a very open dialog, I was only asked a few standard interview questions. Took a short survey that took about 15 minutes to complete. Brought back into the interview room when the gentleman reviewed my surgery and offered me a second interview for the next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a sales objection?   1 Answer

Corporate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with existing CVPs who did not appear to have interviewing skills. Did not ask questions related to the position. Everything revolves around sales even if the position does not. This is the "Good Old Boys Club". Females do not bother applying.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview is well putt , there are 3 interviews and they give you information on what they do and from what I saw they want you to want it they don't want to waste there time if you don't want you put in the work

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not one bad thing

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance.

Interview

I was able to get an interview immediately after the career fair at my university. I went to first round interview not knowing what to expect. My interviewer asked me if I had any questions. I asked what would be my job responsibilities. The responsibilities for the job were to assist clients with their necessities and ultimately recommend them a financial path. Everything seemed fine until I asked her what I would be doing. She explained that I would be cold calling people to "develop my own business list". This literally meant I would have to call people I did not know, or even worse, people I knew to sell them insurance. To top that, I would need a 400 list of names as potential first customers. Finally, I found out that at that the pay if 100% commission, which means that since you will not have a customer network at the beginning, you will probably not have any income to start with. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

100% commission and cold calling.