Max Life Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Max Life Insurance

2.6

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. I spoke to an insurance agent (not a recruiter, I got the interview through a mutual friend) and it was quite brief. He introduced himself to me, explained a little bit about the position and what I would be doing, and asked if I had any questions. After I asked a few of my questions, I was asked to take an assessment test to determine if my personality or what not was what they were looking for. However, they did not and were on the borderline between a 2nd interview and a pass. But being that my interviewer was a fellow alumni from the same high school, and because I had strong connections to my community, he offered a 2nd interview and a take home self assessment.

Interview Questions

Prior to the interview, I had already done my research on New York Life. While they are a great company, reading about how the start up in the company was not for me. I've read that hours of cold calling to sell insurance was required. I also read that you were also charged for basic business expenditures, since once you become an agent it is like running your own business. Quotas had to be met and you work largely on commission. After finding this out, I have already decided that the position was not for me, but went to the interview for the experience and because it was set up through the mutual friend. This position wasn't for me, but if someone was willing to put the hard work into it, they might enjoy the challenge.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

First there was a simple HR interview such asked me about my resume. They made sure that I knew what the job required of me, all in all the HR interview was very simple and just a "screening" process. The second interview I had was with the hiring manager and his manager. They asked me specific questions about my resume, the past experiences that I had and about my schooling. Then they asked me what I thought was my weakest characteristic, a difficult time I had with a group and how I resolved it, and other questions along those lines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered the position and I accepted it, there was no negotiation.

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

Two interviews - 1 HR and 1 with project Manager. HR questions were general behavioral ones which didn't go into depth. The question asked by project manager were the ones related to what they expect you to do over the course of your internship within the company. They were straight in their approach.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiable on case basis

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (Brea, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It is very boring. Very basic questions, takes about 1 hour

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call and a scheduling for a meeting. Once at the location you are greeted and given papers to fill out basic information: Name, Date of Birth, Contact info, etc. You are then called into speak to a supervisor who will ask questions about your personal interests and goals. If they deem you appropriate you move on to a company presentation and lastly you answer essay type questions to further organize goals and future plans, expectations of the company, salary and other questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 10 years?   1 Answer

There was a specific licensing procedure i did not want to pay for.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (Fulton, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

Manager gave me a motivational speech, told me how great the company is and how much money you can make

Interview Questions

I asked him if there was a base salary and he said no. Asked him if the company pays for gas and cell he said no. Asked him about benefits and they were expensive. Asked about vacation and there is none. I had to decline

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was more of a screening person to get to the real interview. (I am interviewing later in the month for the 2nd interview.) It was a very easy process, more of a get to know you. I also took a personality test while I was there. I guess it went well because they called my back two hours later. They are overly confident in the amount you will make, they promise the world. I guess the second interview could be a reality check!

Interview Questions

• How much do you expect to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (Melville, NY).

Interview

I was recruited online. There are three interviews. The first you take a test (which anyone can pass), the second you are given the whole spiel about how you can make six figures your first year (sure...), and the third you are told how much you owe per month for passing your state-administered insurance test, renting an office space, and joining the union (after year one).

Interview Questions

It is purely commission-based, and you need to pay for your seat (telephone, paper, etc.) and join the union. If I am an independent contractor, why would NYL force me to join their union, which of course entails that I pay more money out of my pocket per month? I'm sure the job can be great for some, but with a 90% turnover rate after 3 years and no guarantee or a paycheck every month, you really have to love selling insurance. I would have loved for them to have told me all this in my first interview, but they are too smart for that. They drag it out in three interviews, and you only hear about the costs at the finale.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance.

Interview

Basically go through your resume first and pop up the questions to ask you to see whether you will fit in the position. And then they would ask you some typical personality questions.
    Pros
    - In general very friendly and we have a very good conversion on understanding the company as well as the program provided.
    Cons
    -They would require you to take a computer-base test on some behavior questions. If some questions you don't agree or disagree with extreme answers, the scores didn't come well as reference.

Interview Questions

• If someone knows about you, what are the words they would describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Max Life Insurance (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied Online- received a call the next day. I went in for the interview a few days later, felt more like a sales pitch than an actual interview. The manager kept talking about his success, and how I can be just as successful if I work hard enough. After the interview they had me fill out a brief personality questionnaire.