Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics Interview Questions

Interviews at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics

PhD Student Interview

Interview

5 days interview. On the first day- there is an introductory presentations by the program and a poster presentation. On the second day there is a panel interview where you questioned about your general scientific knowledge. Only when you pass the panel interview, are you elligible for single interviews. You then go to the individual group leaders that you have selected or have selected you, for personal interviews. In these interviews they try to gauge your critical understanding of a subject matter. After those single interviews you are supposed to go back to those groups in order to interact with them and find out what they are working on. Sometimes the group members influence the decision of your acceptance. At night, you are taken on a social night out with predocs , where you hit several bars. After your 1-1 interviews, you are given a letter stating which of the group leaders are interested in recruiting you. Depending on that you have to go back to those group leaders and try to find out if you are their priority or not.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any question to be difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dresden (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (Dresden (Germany)) in December 2016.

Interview

Coming to the institute and the same day you have to give a seminar. After the seminar, you will be having multiple meeting with the people from the group you are applying. At the end of a day is meeting with the boss where she/he makes the job offer.

Interview Questions

• About my professional experience and interests. Why I want that group and what I want to do there.   Answer Question

Werkstudent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dresden (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (Dresden (Germany)) in October 2012.

Interview

Es wurde mir das Projekt vorgestellt, es folgten Fragen zu meinen bisherigen Erfahrungen. Mein direkter Supervisor (ein PostDoc) hat sich vorgestellt und mehr Details zum Projekt erklärt. Es wurden allgemeine Dinge besprochen wie möglicher Startzeitpunkt und Dauer ...

Interview Questions

• Erfahrungen in gene editing Methoden, generelle Erfahrung im Bereicht Genetik, Erfahrung mit Tierversuchen etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

es erfolgte keine Verhandlungsphase, das MPI hat festgelegte Stundensätze für Werkstudenten