MaxLinear Interview Questions in Carlsbad, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.4

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The phone interviews were fine and the interviewer asked some technical questions. For the onsite interview, they requested to sign an NDA form that I did not follow up further with them. A professional company should perform interviews in an excellent manner and it should not expose candidates to confidential information. The candidates would be invited for the interviews as experts in their fields and if exposed to confidential information by accident or on purpose by the interviewees, their professional career can be damaged significantly in a close future. I do not recommend signing NDA with any company in the interview step unless you are sure that you would get a contract with a very high probability.

Interview Questions

• Some questions like where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, why do you look for a new position and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Staff Director RF/MS IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by Recruiter, Nearly 6 months of 'courting' on the phone with the hiring VP. Finally was invited to an on-site interview in southern California. First evening was with 2 people. An then whole day next day with multiple interviews and a presentation. The recruiter got back to me after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why would people come if I try to hire them into Maxlinear.   1 Answer

RF Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

They found my resume online. Had a phone interview with hiring manager that went well. He suggested that read up for the in person interview. I had 6 in person interviews. All of the interviewers are friendly and often helped me in getting to the solutions. The whole process is very smooth. It took less than two form the first phone interview to getting the offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Asked about projects on my resume   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

It was competitive and they picked the most competent engineers in RF circuits.

Interview Questions

• What is Q-factor of an RLC circuit ?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Joining/relocation bonus.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

They just know some text book stuff and ask same questions. all employees seemed under stress.
    HR woman told me- good luck getting vacation in this company.
    telephone interview person was extremely rude.
    they didnt keep up time or schedule.
    totally confused state.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

very disorganized interview, not from a schedule perspective, but regarding the discussions. Technical questions were not focused, many interviewers covered the same topic, some key topics were not covered.
    Also, some interviewers insisted they were correct about items when they were wrong. Overall, I sensed a lot of hubris from all of the interviewers.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Submitted my resume through online. Analyzed and called for phone interview after 2 days of submission.
    HR called to schedule phone interview, staff engineer called for interview at scheduled time.
    Interview went well

Interview Questions

• Common functions in Vxworks and Embeddded Linux   1 Answer
    • Why do we use volatile in C   2 Answers

Negotiation

Just negotiate based on market standards.