MaxLinear RF Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.5

RF Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MaxLinear (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Took around 2 months to setup an on-site interview from the week of telephonic interview. Overall experience was good. HR coordinated well and measures were taken to make my interview experience smooth.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on things mentioned in Resume. Data converters to noise analysis   Answer Question

Jan 19, 2017 – recruiting manager

We appreciate that you provided feedback on your interview experience and we wish you the best moving forward.

Mixed Signal/RF IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear in November 2016.

Interview

Very well organized and the whole process went smoothly. Had to make a research presentation which was well received. This was followed by one-on-one interviews with 4-5 people who were all nice and very smart. Asked some interesting questions and gave intuitive explanations for the same.

Interview Questions

MaxLinear Response

Feb 28, 2017 – recruiting manager

Thank you for interviewing with us and for providing your feedback on the experience. Good luck moving forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone screening to know my skill level and my interests. Then a long interview with five different interviewers a few days later. Very technical interview with lots of questions on circuits fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• op-amp circuits.
      filters.
      single stage amplifier circuits.
      Answer Question

Staff Director RF/MS IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by Recruiter, Nearly 6 months of 'courting' on the phone with the hiring VP. Finally was invited to an on-site interview in southern California. First evening was with 2 people. An then whole day next day with multiple interviews and a presentation. The recruiter got back to me after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why would people come if I try to hire them into Maxlinear.   1 Answer

RF Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

They found my resume online. Had a phone interview with hiring manager that went well. He suggested that read up for the in person interview. I had 6 in person interviews. All of the interviewers are friendly and often helped me in getting to the solutions. The whole process is very smooth. It took less than two form the first phone interview to getting the offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Asked about projects on my resume   1 Answer

Mixed Signal/RF IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Chennai (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Test + 1 technical + HR interview. The technical round is very crucial and the interviewer asked very fundamental questions but lot intuitive and it lasts for about 90 min. The HR interview is very cool. Even though HR interview lasts for 20 min, the questions were very general and if you shortlisted for hr, mostly you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Deep technical questions related to analog IC design after that questions on the projects I have worked.   Answer Question

Dec 5, 2016 – recruiting manager

Thank you for giving feedback about your experience interviewing with MaxLinear and we hope your first year is going well.