MaxPoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MaxPoint Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.8

Field Sales Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint.

Interview

I interviewed with six different people. Video interviews, phone calls, in person, and then did a project where I answered situational questions. The feedback I received throughout the entire process was incredibly positive, and then got a two sentence email saying they went with another candidate. No explanation whatsoever.

Thinking back now, it's clear that this company has atrocious management and no clear process in place.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a tenured sales rep who is hesitant to make changes in their process?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

1) Initial call with HR.
    2) 1 hour phone interview including Coding exercise
    3) In person

The overall interview experience was good. HR was replying to emails promptly. The person who took phone interview seem technically strong. I did not find anything that I did not like. I would definitely try at this place again

Interview Questions

• Standard data structures and algorithms. One of the question was based on sorting algorithm   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Mooresville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview and then an in-person interview. The video interview was with the two graphic designers and they just asked questions about my portfolio and other behavioral questions. Then they left a lot of time for me to ask questions. The in-person interview was with the same two graphic designers, then with the head of marketing and a writer/brand manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked closely with a writer on a project.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Interview

Had a phone screen and then an in-person with the head of the department. Thought both went well. A couple days after the interview I received a generic we are pursuing other candidates email that asked for feedback on the interview process via a survey. The survey window had closed a month before the email was sent to me - so the survey was inaccessible. I responded asking for more details as to the decision as well as for an updated survey, no response from the recruiter - even after follow-up. I was extremely disappointed with this employee/company and their lack of communication and follow up.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MaxPoint.

Interview

Went through resume and ask some detail questions on my experience. Also, some questions about algorithms were asked, for example, can you tell the difference between LASSO and ridge regression? Which will shrinkage to 0?

Interview Questions

• Can you go through your resume and show what you did in your last internship?   Answer Question

Security Analyst/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted through the company's recruiters. They weren't very organized and kept sending conflicting emails, one after another, in regards to scheduled dates/times for phone and in-person interviews. Phone interview was "awkward". Interviewer seemed an introvert and not enthusiastic at all about the interview. It almost felt like he was forced to interview me over the phone.
    Was surprised that I was then called in to meet him in person and speak / meet w/ his boss. His boss was much more approachable and easier to discuss the job specifics, my qualifications, etc.
    Since I pretty much have done what they were wanting someone to do for almost 5 years, I felt very confident/comfortable I could do what they asked. I have a feeling the hiring manager already had someone else in mind for the position before interviewing me.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter phoned and set up an interview with the VP the following week. The recruiter was well informed and professional. The VP seemed disinterested and did not present the company/CEO in a positive light. No one was smiling or enthusiastic so that told me a lot about the culture. Also, the interviewer is very old school so if you are into new methodologies of development or product (ie follow people like Stephen Blank) keep that under the covers if you really want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff about past roles, but it was clear that the interviewer was not prepared. Also, a few of them were unprofessional as I was asked about other candidates,etc.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and nice but was unable to answer basic questions about the root of their data, how they access and use for product development, etc. It was disappointing as I believe in understanding the product at it's core as part of the interview process. If you are recruiting for a sales based organization, it's critical to understand the product and details as part of the hiring process so you hire a sales team that's excited and passionate about the product from the start.

Interview Questions

MaxPoint Response

Aug 3, 2016 – Head of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your interview experience. For clarification, I noticed the “declined offer” status was selected in this review. Thankfully, we’ve not had any... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

A telephone interview was scheduled as the initial interview. At the scheduled date and time I received a call advising an offer had been made to another candidate for the position. I was very disappointed that I was unable to be interviewed before the position was filled. However, I felt it was very considerate of the Talent Acquisition representative to call rather than email me regarding the position no longer being open.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked due to position being filled prior to the scheduled telephone interview.   1 Answer

MaxPoint Response

Aug 3, 2016 – Head of Recruiting

First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review even though your interview was canceled. Our recruiters strive to be responsive and ensure all candidates have a great... More

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted first by a recruiter, then was immediately passed to the IT director instead of HR Department based on my resume. Both interviews were phone based and a third one was going to be setup for a group interview afterwords. Based on benefits that were discussed in the second interview I elected to not pursue the job or the third interview.