MaxPoint Interview Questions in Morrisville, NC | Glassdoor

MaxPoint Interview Questions in Morrisville, NC

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter phoned and set up an interview with the VP the following week. The recruiter was well informed and professional. The VP seemed disinterested and did not present the company/CEO in a positive light. No one was smiling or enthusiastic so that told me a lot about the culture. Also, the interviewer is very old school so if you are into new methodologies of development or product (ie follow people like Stephen Blank) keep that under the covers if you really want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff about past roles, but it was clear that the interviewer was not prepared. Also, a few of them were unprofessional as I was asked about other candidates,etc.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

A telephone interview was scheduled as the initial interview. At the scheduled date and time I received a call advising an offer had been made to another candidate for the position. I was very disappointed that I was unable to be interviewed before the position was filled. However, I felt it was very considerate of the Talent Acquisition representative to call rather than email me regarding the position no longer being open.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked due to position being filled prior to the scheduled telephone interview.   1 Answer

MaxPoint Response

Aug 3, 2016 – Head of Recruiting

First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review even though your interview was canceled. Our recruiters strive to be responsive and ensure all candidates have a great ... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Start off with a short phone interview. Simple enough. If they like you or think you'd be a good fit, they bring you in for a one hour in-person interview. There I met with two people, separately, on the account management team. Standard interview questions were asked, no curveballs. A lot of the questions were experienced based though so make sure you have solid answers to questions like "tell me about a time when..."

If you do well in that interview, they bring you in for a final, two hour interview in which you are presented with what they call a "case study." They say it's nothing you can prepare for, but it is essentially three tests intended to discover how you go about completing tasks and what your time management skills are. They only give you 30 min to complete three projects, which to me, definitely wasn't enough time to go over everything and correctly answer anything (or maybe I just prefer more time to look things over). The three projects are as follows:

1. Calculate ctr and analyze trends from the data given. They want you to pull insights that you would include in a report to your client.

2. A client emails you saying you made a big mistake on their campaign. What do you say to him or her?

3. Give creative feedback on a 5 slide PowerPoint.

All of these are designed to test your detail oriented and problem solving skills. Needless to say, I had the complete opposite line of thinking than what they were looking for.

After you complete the case study, you go over it with one person and then meet with a whole slew of other people in which they all ask you some more standard interview questions.

Personally, I knew going into this interview it wasn't going to be a good fit and this final interview confirmed it for me. If having a good work/life balance is not important to you, then this might be the job for you. But the impression I got from various account managers is working 50-60 hours a week is fairly common. You'll never be "done" with any work and will constantly be in go-go-go mode.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was an internal conflict and how you went about handling that   Answer Question

IT Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

This began with 6 or 7 separate recruiters contacting me about the position and my name being submitted without my approval. Interview experience never hurts and it's good to meet other people in the industry.

Had a brief phone interview then an on-site in the office. It was difficult to get a grasp on what exactly they were looking for as each person had their own idea. Exchange seemed to top the list of management though which is pretty typical. I didn't have a bad experience but there was something there I couldn't put my finger on that I just didn't like. After talking with a few colleagues around the area my suspicions were confirmed.

Luckily the feelings were mutual as I didn't think this would have been a great fit. The current IT team in Morrisville were solid guys but there appears to be a ton of turnover.