MaxPoint Interview Questions in Morrisville, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter phoned and set up an interview with the VP the following week. The recruiter was well informed and professional. The VP seemed disinterested and did not present the company/CEO in a positive light. No one was smiling or enthusiastic so that told me a lot about the culture. Also, the interviewer is very old school so if you are into new methodologies of development or product (ie follow people like Stephen Blank) keep that under the covers if you really want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff about past roles, but it was clear that the interviewer was not prepared. Also, a few of them were unprofessional as I was asked about other candidates,etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

A telephone interview was scheduled as the initial interview. At the scheduled date and time I received a call advising an offer had been made to another candidate for the position. I was very disappointed that I was unable to be interviewed before the position was filled. However, I felt it was very considerate of the Talent Acquisition representative to call rather than email me regarding the position no longer being open.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked due to position being filled prior to the scheduled telephone interview.   1 Answer

MaxPoint Response

Aug 3, 2016 – Head of Recruiting

First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review even though your interview was canceled. Our recruiters strive to be responsive and ensure all candidates have a great ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Start off with a short phone interview. Simple enough. If they like you or think you'd be a good fit, they bring you in for a one hour in-person interview. There I met with two people, separately, on the account management team. Standard interview questions were asked, no curveballs. A lot of the questions were experienced based though so make sure you have solid answers to questions like "tell me about a time when..."

If you do well in that interview, they bring you in for a final, two hour interview in which you are presented with what they call a "case study." They say it's nothing you can prepare for, but it is essentially three tests intended to discover how you go about completing tasks and what your time management skills are. They only give you 30 min to complete three projects, which to me, definitely wasn't enough time to go over everything and correctly answer anything (or maybe I just prefer more time to look things over). The three projects are as follows:

1. Calculate ctr and analyze trends from the data given. They want you to pull insights that you would include in a report to your client.

2. A client emails you saying you made a big mistake on their campaign. What do you say to him or her?

3. Give creative feedback on a 5 slide PowerPoint.

All of these are designed to test your detail oriented and problem solving skills. Needless to say, I had the complete opposite line of thinking than what they were looking for.

After you complete the case study, you go over it with one person and then meet with a whole slew of other people in which they all ask you some more standard interview questions.

Personally, I knew going into this interview it wasn't going to be a good fit and this final interview confirmed it for me. If having a good work/life balance is not important to you, then this might be the job for you. But the impression I got from various account managers is working 50-60 hours a week is fairly common. You'll never be "done" with any work and will constantly be in go-go-go mode.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was an internal conflict and how you went about handling that   Answer Question

IT Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

This began with 6 or 7 separate recruiters contacting me about the position and my name being submitted without my approval. Interview experience never hurts and it's good to meet other people in the industry.

Had a brief phone interview then an on-site in the office. It was difficult to get a grasp on what exactly they were looking for as each person had their own idea. Exchange seemed to top the list of management though which is pretty typical. I didn't have a bad experience but there was something there I couldn't put my finger on that I just didn't like. After talking with a few colleagues around the area my suspicions were confirmed.

Luckily the feelings were mutual as I didn't think this would have been a great fit. The current IT team in Morrisville were solid guys but there appears to be a ton of turnover.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitting my resume online. Received a phone call from HR shortly after asking general questions about my resume. Describe yourself, what is your favorite project, etc, etc. What followed was an one hour long on-site technical interview at the Morrisville location about general Java knowledge, and some basic whiteboard coding. One week later I was asked to come in again, and this time the interview round consisted of four back-to-back interviews with engineering managers / developers from both Morrisville and in Austin (through Skype). These interviews weren't as technical but rather a bit more behavioral. Questions like what do you like doing most? Do you have experience with this technology? I think basically trying to find a team that would fit your personality, skill-set within the company.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard coding: Write a function to compute the average of an array of numbers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with Maxpoint Interactive twice (once in 2011 another in 2014). You can definitely see the great improvement with the interview process and the company. In 2011 I applied for the position and came in for an in-person interview with three executives. I was asked basic questions about my background and working style. The process took about a week and in the end I was not offered a position.

In 2014 I saw that the company had grown in a positive way. A recruiter reached out to me about applying for a position. The interview process was very straight forward and very accommodating. I began with a brief phone screening to discuss my background and to learn more about what Maxpoint had to offer. I was then offered to come in for an in-person interview with three supervisors on the Account Management team. This took an hour and I had a chance to learn more about the culture, and the duties required for the Account Management role.

Someone quickly followed up with me within 48 hours to come in for a third and final interview. I was going to be out of town, but they were more than willing to work around my schedule. The final interview lasted approximately three hours. I met with two Account management team members, Skyped in with two Account Management supervisors, and a final meeting with the Director of Account Management. All of the questions were straight forward and everyone was very open to answering all of my questions. A small project was included in the interview process to give you a taste of the type of work and skills needed for the job -- which was really great.

In the end I received an offer and accepted. The company culture, and benefits are great as well!

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to speak truthfully about your work style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer, with benefits, exceeded my expectations so there was no need for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

When I first got a call from the recruiter, we completely hit it off! She raved about her experience and informed me that the company is growing so rapidly and expanding into different cities. It seemed like a no-brainer to jump on board at this time! The experience only got better from there. I had two Skype interviews where I learned about the accounts that MaxPoint works with and the campaigns that have been produced. I was thrilled to hear about the creative work environment (breakout rooms, snacks in the kitchen, etc.), and the supportive, collaborative team feel. The management at MaxPoint made me feel like they really WANTED me to join the team! They were responsive and very helpful in answering questions about the area, where to live, what to see, where to eat, etc. for relocation. I was even able to grab a bite with my new boss which was really helpful to get to know her and learn more about the position. As if this wasn't enough to convince me, I got my formal offer letter and the benefits were beyond anything I had before (potential for quarterly bonus, company-paid insurance premiums, retirement options, opportunity to purchase stock, etc.)! Of course, I said yes!!

Interview Questions

• There were no surprises in the interview questions. I appreciated that my interviewers tried to get to know me as a person to understand if I would be a good fit for the company. I had studied (and I still recommend doing so to get a good idea of what the company does), and was anticipating questions about digital campaign management. It wasn't until the in-person interview that the true "test" came. I had 45 minutes to answer five prompts. A few of the prompts included: 1) calculate the CTR and analyze trends; 2) you made a colossal mistake, write an email to the COO of the company; 3) provide feedback to this creative ad submitted by one of your clients. Thought I didn't know all of the correct answers, I believe they were more interested in understanding the thought process and composure (soft skills), rather than the hard, teachable skills!   Answer Question

Negotiation

After going through the process, you will know if it's the right company for you! I don't think the salary is negotiable, but it was enough to satisfy my needs. Also, the opportunity to earn a quarterly bonus will amazing!

Senior Manager - Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and seamless. I was contacted via linkedin and the whole process took less than three weeks. I had an extremely good experience from initial contact to offer, and through the on-boarding process.