Maxim Healthcare Services Healthcare Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.5

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted less than a week later for a 30 minute phone screening. Following the phone screening I was invited to the office for an in person interview which lasted about an hour and a half. Most of the questions were used to gauge personality and fit for the position /ability to work in a team. Following the in person interview I was invited back for a "pit sit" or shadow day. During the pit sit I got to meet the employees in the office and see the recruiters day to day tasks up close. The pit sit gave a good understanding of the job and helped me decide if it was something I'd be interested in. After the pit sit I was asked to come back and do a final interview with the regional manager where I was asked some more formal questions to double check my fit for the position. I felt like I could contact anyone with questions along the way, they made the process smooth and pleasant!

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience?   Answer Question
  • Can you name someone who mentored you in the past and how they have helped you?   Answer Question
  • Do you work well under pressure and can you work well in a team environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Palm Desert, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

30 min phone screen from corporate recruiter, about an hr in-person interview, half a day for pit-sit, and an interview with the area vp. The entire process was approximately 3 weeks, though communication was poor. I had to call 3 times until i was told by the hiring manager that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a client and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview which went very well. She asked 6 situational questions. A few days later she got back to me about setting up an in person interview with a couple senior recruiters. That interview was about a week later and went really well (or so I thought)and lasted about an hour. At the end they said they would gather the notes from my phone interview and in person interview to give to the director to review. Not even a day later, I was sent a generic email from HR letting me know that I was not accepted for the position. Seemed a little strange that they declined me that quickly. I have a feeling that the interviewer didn't even give me a chance and went off of whether she liked me personally (she seemed to be moody). Everything happens for a reason, and after that process, I would not want to work for this company. If that is how they recruit for an internal employee, I cant say that I agree with their integrity of their business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where there was a conflict between you and another employee and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Half hour phone screen, in person with business development manager, back for another in person pit-sit and meeting with another manager, back again for an in person with regional manager and someone else, back AGAIN for another final. They kept me waiting for another week (probably as a backup in case their preferred candidate did not accept) and finally after reaching out to them myself, was told that the team didn't feel I was a good fit....seriously? What made you think I'd be a good fit after 4 other rounds and meeting the entire team? Way too long of a process and a giant waste of time for an entry-level position and so little money. If this is how Maxim recruits their INTERNAL team, I want no part in it.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which went well. Called me in for a second interview with the hiring manager which also went well. They informed me that they would call me for a for a "pit-sit" and a third interview with the vice-president. Received e-mail a few days later that I did not get the position. Process took 3 weeks. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?
      What are your future goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

A phone interview was completed with the senior recruiter and during this conversation more detailed information about the position was provided. I was later provided with a detailed overview of the benefits package. Following the phone interview an in-person interview was completed with the account manager. I was originally told I'd be interviewing with several other members of management; however, only the account manager was present. This interview was laid back and similar to a conversation and not so formal and structured. I was informed at the end that they had a strong candidate in mind but expressed my appreciation for the opportunity to interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (San Jose, CA).

Interview

My first interview lasted over 3 hours afterwords I was asked to filled out a background check. The second interview was a pit sit with other recruiters, and the last one was with the branch manager. After all that, I had to wait for a follow up phone call and got a rejection email the following week. The process was overly drawn out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Manchester, NH).

Interview

Meet with 3 or more staff members. Review company and job expectations. Explain why you want to work for Maxim and why you think they are a good fit for you, and you for them.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide maxim was a good fit for you?   1 Answer

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the business development manager, then the next day with another business development manager.. Two days later I shadowed the pit crew.. It seemed promising and was told Id get a call from the regional manager soon. Never got it. I called two weeks later for an update and was told they were getting "their ducks in a row" and that I should hear soon because they want to get back up to full staff.. 3 weeks after that I still hadnt heard so I emailed the business development manager and didnt hear a response from him either. They seemed to string me a long and with no responses, it's not a company I would want to work for. If you can't respect my time as much as yours then I will move on.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Interview process, phone interview with HR recruiter, face to face with branch manager, 3 hour pit - sit shadow, followed up with phone interview with VP. Overall, a very long drawn out process with too many people involved. Different interviews wanted you to have different priorities in the job, but with very generic questions.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of when you were in a difficult situation and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question