Maxim Healthcare Services Healthcare Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.5

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Phone interview with a corporate recruiter after submitting my resume online for the healthcare recruiter position. She told me that she would send my stuff over to the office I was applying for and they would contact me. Never heard back. Was a rushed interview. I did not even get to finish asking questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

I interviewed with an Accounts Manager and then did a "pit sit" with two recruiters. The atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly. We ended the interview with a tour of the facility.

I sent a thank you email after the interview, but never received an email or call to follow up.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that an action had a different outcome than you expected and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview then a two hour in person interview. You meet with the recruiter that did the phone interview then I met with two different people who were hiring for their recruiting team. I really enjoyed everyone I talked to! Everyone was extremely nice but I was a bit surprised that I was not asked back. Good experience with the company overall!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Started with an interview, a few weeks later shadow time, another week later submitted CORI check information and the following week Phone interview with VP.

I was told “they would be in touch with me once they spoke to the Vp” I gave it a week and emailed account manager and now we are another week out and he didn’t have the decency to send an email with a rejection or any follow up as promised.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted less than a week later for a 30 minute phone screening. Following the phone screening I was invited to the office for an in person interview which lasted about an hour and a half. Most of the questions were used to gauge personality and fit for the position /ability to work in a team. Following the in person interview I was invited back for a "pit sit" or shadow day. During the pit sit I got to meet the employees in the office and see the recruiters day to day tasks up close. The pit sit gave a good understanding of the job and helped me decide if it was something I'd be interested in. After the pit sit I was asked to come back and do a final interview with the regional manager where I was asked some more formal questions to double check my fit for the position. I felt like I could contact anyone with questions along the way, they made the process smooth and pleasant!

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience?   Answer Question
    • Can you name someone who mentored you in the past and how they have helped you?   Answer Question
    • Do you work well under pressure and can you work well in a team environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Palm Desert, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

30 min phone screen from corporate recruiter, about an hr in-person interview, half a day for pit-sit, and an interview with the area vp. The entire process was approximately 3 weeks, though communication was poor. I had to call 3 times until i was told by the hiring manager that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a client and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview which went very well. She asked 6 situational questions. A few days later she got back to me about setting up an in person interview with a couple senior recruiters. That interview was about a week later and went really well (or so I thought)and lasted about an hour. At the end they said they would gather the notes from my phone interview and in person interview to give to the director to review. Not even a day later, I was sent a generic email from HR letting me know that I was not accepted for the position. Seemed a little strange that they declined me that quickly. I have a feeling that the interviewer didn't even give me a chance and went off of whether she liked me personally (she seemed to be moody). Everything happens for a reason, and after that process, I would not want to work for this company. If that is how they recruit for an internal employee, I cant say that I agree with their integrity of their business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where there was a conflict between you and another employee and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Half hour phone screen, in person with business development manager, back for another in person pit-sit and meeting with another manager, back again for an in person with regional manager and someone else, back AGAIN for another final. They kept me waiting for another week (probably as a backup in case their preferred candidate did not accept) and finally after reaching out to them myself, was told that the team didn't feel I was a good fit....seriously? What made you think I'd be a good fit after 4 other rounds and meeting the entire team? Way too long of a process and a giant waste of time for an entry-level position and so little money. If this is how Maxim recruits their INTERNAL team, I want no part in it.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which went well. Called me in for a second interview with the hiring manager which also went well. They informed me that they would call me for a for a "pit-sit" and a third interview with the vice-president. Received e-mail a few days later that I did not get the position. Process took 3 weeks. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?
      What are your future goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (San Jose, CA).

Interview

My first interview lasted over 3 hours afterwords I was asked to filled out a background check. The second interview was a pit sit with other recruiters, and the last one was with the branch manager. After all that, I had to wait for a follow up phone call and got a rejection email the following week. The process was overly drawn out.