Maxim Healthcare Services Healthcare Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maxim Healthcare Services Healthcare Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Maxim Healthcare Services

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Hickory, NC).

Interview

The interview process consisted of the usual questions, name specific examples when you overcame a challenge..etc. And a "pit sit." You come in and shadow a current recruiter. This is the best time to ask questions as an applicant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial offer is the same for everyone (as far as I can tell). I attempted to counter with no success.

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in February 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview, one-on-one interview in office, A pit sit with the other recruiters and a phone interview with the area Manager.

Interview Questions

• mose questions were based on previous experences and how you handle them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Spokane, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

After applying online through their website, I received a call from their college recruiter to schedule a phone screen. After the phone screen, the recruiter passed my information on to the account manager, who called the next day to schedule an in-person interview. I had to wait 15 minutes for the account manager who was on a call that went longer than expected, which was a little irritating. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes, the account manager was very friendly and I felt it went very well. He basically just asked questions about things I had on my resume and asked if I had any questions about the position and then explained the position in more detail. At the end he asked me to think about everything we had talked about and to call him the next morning if I was interested in pursuing the position. I called him and he was unavailable but called me back a few hours later and we set up a time for my pit sit. The other recruiters were friendly but extremely busy and I felt like I was just in the way for the 2 hours that I was there. Unlike some other reviewers, I didn't have to answer or make any calls and it really was just sitting there trying to ask a question here and there, but the recruiters often had to answer the phone in the middle of their answer.. The whole time I was there the phone only stopped ringing for maybe 15 minutes at the most. After the pit sit I spoke briefly with the senior recruiter who again asked me to call the next morning to say if I was still interested in moving forward. I called and spoke to the account manager who said he would need to talk to his team and would call me later in the day. He never called, nor returned my email, so I called the next day to see what was going on. After being put on hold by a recruiter I was asked to come back for another interview the following week, which I thought was strange because the account manager hadn't mentioned another interview in the process. Then the morning of the interview I received a call from the account manager saying that they had chosen someone else because she had way more healthcare experience. So just be warned, no healthcare background required only applies if no other applicant has one. Overall I felt like they just strung me along in case the other applicant wasn't as good as her resume sounded.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview. Basic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's an entry level job, in the sense that anyone who enters their information will get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about 2-3 weeks. At first I was contacted by a "in-house" recruiter. She conducted an over the phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. After which she offered to set up an interview with the local branch manager and went over the salary and benefits package. The next week I went in for my face to face interview which went well. Everyone in the office was friendly, the interview itself was less intimidating than I had expected. The interview lasted about an hour long. The manager scheduled me for a "pit sit" the next week which lasted about 3 hours. At the end of the "pit sit" I filled out personal information for them to run a background check. The manager scheduled a time for me to have an over the phone interview with the VP of the region the next day. After that interview I was called back by the branch manager telling me everything was going well, that they were just waiting for the background check to come back. Once it did they offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you had to take responsibility for someone else's mistake, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2012.

Interview

- Initial filling out application online.
    1 - Contacted by local office Accounts Manager- initial phone screen conducted (10 minutes).
    2 - Face-to-Face interview in local office (45-75 minutes) with Accounts Manager.
    3 - "Pit Sit" interview - meet other healthcare recruiters and office team members, get to see what a day-in-the-life is of a recruiter at Maxim (45-120 minutes).
    4 - Face-to-Face or phone interview with Regional Account Manager (30-45 minutes).
     - "Social" aka happy hour with office team, to see how well you fit with the team outside of an office environment *not all offices conduct these* (45 minutes to 120 minutes).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult decision and the outcome was not what you wanted it to be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with the Corporate Recruiter a general phone screening. Then forwards your resume to Account Manager Direct Boss if he like your resume . You come in for a one and one with him. Basic interview questions and a few situation questions. About leadership and time managed someone etc not too hard. Then you do a pit sit which is great you do spend a lot time at work I did mine same day or they may tell you come back another day to do it. They are more concerned that you will fit in with the office. After that a phone in area vp . The background check is extensive take about 6 business days

Interview Questions

• situation based questions just make sure you come prepared and you will be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is none 40k with 5k bonus. You do work 10 hour day 50 hours a week. Wish salary more but i want get into corporate recruiting so you have start from the bottom and work your way up. So i can't be mad

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in September 2012.

Interview

3 step interview process. Once with a corporate recruiter, and then Account Manager, and then fellow Recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Just make sure to prep for your interview.   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

It was a three part interview process. First there was a phone interview where they went over my resume. Then I had an hour long interview at the office with the manager. Lastly, there was a "pit sit" where I sat with the other recruiters and got a feel for the enviornment.

Interview Questions

• The scenario questions where the most difficult because you can not prepare for those.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Tampa, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied via Careerbuilder. I was called for a phone interview, which lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was invited for a 1 on 1 interview with the National Recruitment Manager. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes.

This is a position with an hourly rate, which was not disclosed. People in this position act as "assistants" to healthcare recruiter manager. There is no sales quota required with this position. Dress code is business casual.

Interview Questions

• How does working for this company fit into your 5 year plan?   Answer Question