Maxim Healthcare Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maxim Healthcare Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.3

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted less than a week later for a 30 minute phone screening. Following the phone screening I was invited to the office for an in person interview which lasted about an hour and a half. Most of the questions were used to gauge personality and fit for the position /ability to work in a team. Following the in person interview I was invited back for a "pit sit" or shadow day. During the pit sit I got to meet the employees in the office and see the recruiters day to day tasks up close. The pit sit gave a good understanding of the job and helped me decide if it was something I'd be interested in. After the pit sit I was asked to come back and do a final interview with the regional manager where I was asked some more formal questions to double check my fit for the position. I felt like I could contact anyone with questions along the way, they made the process smooth and pleasant!

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience?   Answer Question
    • Can you name someone who mentored you in the past and how they have helped you?   Answer Question
    • Do you work well under pressure and can you work well in a team environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Detroit, MI).

Interview

First was a phone interview by a very nice woman, although she did call me a few minutes late I was eager to learn more. She worked with me to set up an in person interview with the location near me. When I showed up to the interview, I waited in the waiting room for about 5 minutes.. Which made me I guess "late", we then went through the interview process and although it was a strange branch like of a company I was still interested in seeing if it could be for me. I was extended an opportunity to do a "job shadow" and took it just to see what it was all about, this time I really was late. The interviewer said they want someone more serious because i was "late" both times. Although the first time I was actually waiting for someone to come get me in the lobby (which they never did & I had to walk back and find someone myself). Needless to say, after that I was glad it didn't go further.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I walked into my local office and inquired about open job opportunities. I was met with friendly faces and even introduced to the staff after filling out the application online. A week later I was given a phone interview that was successful. I was then asked to meet with two hiring managers and was met with a series of questions regarding my skills and customer service background. I was told that they will be calling me next week to schedule a pit sit. Fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I manage stress and how I deal with crisis. I was also asked about past examples where I had to help a customer who was upset.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview a couple days later. The phone interview was basic behavioral questions. Then I was invited to do an in-person interview a week later. The in-person interview lasted about two hours and consisted of meeting the three different Team Leaders. I thought it went very well but I didn't end up getting to the next stage.

LPN- Private Duty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Flint, MI).

Interview

Too much paperwork. Process took several hours. Tested on both clinical skills as well as the nursing process. This Company has been investigated and found guilty of false claims. Because of this, employees must under go several hours of compliance training. When yearly reviews were done, no offer of monetary compensation offered.

Interview Questions

• Are you available every other weekend.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Greenville, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I had to fill out an pre-screening application prior... two ladies came in and sat down with me and it went smoothy. I even made them laugh. I felt comfortable and they made me feel comfortable. Walk in there knowing that you are going to get the job. Have confidence and you are more than likely to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Can I perform the duties of the job   Answer Question
    • What if a patient wanted to get aspirin would I give it to her or not?   Answer Question
    • What if I came in and found a patient on the floor what would I do?   Answer Question

Home Health Aide-STNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Cleveland, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went great, scheduled for in person interview which also went great was told I would be contacted to finish the paperwork for new hire, not even 2 days later I received an email stating I was not of quality and they chose another candidate. If this is how they conduct business I'm glad I have nothing to do with them it is disgusting and completely unprofessional I wouldn't trust this agency at all now. I will be talking to their bosses and if they give me the run around I will just keep going up the chain until I find a resolve.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (White Plains, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview had the recruiter along with the office manager. Helped to explain open cases available, benefits, pay rate etc. Second interview with RN clinical director. Able to explain duties of the role and what is expected. Also confirmed they will train staff until they are comfortable.
    Hired on the spot. Both interviews conducted same day. HR contacted me later that day to set up a date to come back and fill out hiring packet.

Maxim Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

First, you go in and have an interview with the account manager. You have a conversational interview- there are no hard set questions, but typical interview questions will crop up. Mine was where do I see myself in 5 years and what makes me think I'd be a good healthcare recruiter. Then if you pass, you go onto a "pit" sit where you sit with the recruitment team for about 2 hours. They'll ask you questions and then you'll have another mini-interview with the recruiter supervisor. From then on you have an interview over the phone with a regional manager. I still don't know if I've been accepted for the job and it's been 6 weeks, I'm assuming not.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview which went very well. She asked 6 situational questions. A few days later she got back to me about setting up an in person interview with a couple senior recruiters. That interview was about a week later and went really well (or so I thought)and lasted about an hour. At the end they said they would gather the notes from my phone interview and in person interview to give to the director to review. Not even a day later, I was sent a generic email from HR letting me know that I was not accepted for the position. Seemed a little strange that they declined me that quickly. I have a feeling that the interviewer didn't even give me a chance and went off of whether she liked me personally (she seemed to be moody). Everything happens for a reason, and after that process, I would not want to work for this company. If that is how they recruit for an internal employee, I cant say that I agree with their integrity of their business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where there was a conflict between you and another employee and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer