Maxim Healthcare Services LPN- Private Duty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maxim Healthcare Services LPN- Private Duty Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Plains, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Plains, PA).

Interview

I was brought into the office where everyone was professional and pleasant. The interviewer asks questions to find out what you are looking for . They are willing to provide education in house and will use your experience to help guide you to the next level of your career based on their needs and your experience/willingness. They are very flexible.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Falls Church, VA).

Interview

There is no real interview. You attend an orientation and do some in-services on-line. Once you apply a recruiter will call you and see what you are interested in and to make sure you have at least some experience. Next, you are invited to the orientation. At orientation you must bring license, CPR card, social security card. You just go over lots of paperwork, and get an explanation of the companies policies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not too much wiggle room. They pay according to the patient's insurance.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Very thorough and lengthy background check process. A lot of online orientation classes prior to being placed with a client.

Negotiation

New grad--not much to negotiate. I needed a job and they gave me one. But since then I have received pay increase after 1st year. If you want the pay raise you must be willing to pick up extra assignments and learn new clinical skills.

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Hackensack, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Need 3 references. Inrerview by Field Nurse Supr Need MD phys, nursg lic CPR, TB test, Titer Chic Pox, German Measles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They try to lower your hourly rate from case to case.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Williamsport, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

It was an average interview. The person was very attentive and I was also spoke to the some of the other office staff the same day.They asked about what skills that i had. asked about working with ventilators, and trach. pts. Have i ever worked with children. They really made you feel at ease and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the nursing field?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Fayetteville, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

It was an easy process. Fill out paperwork do the online training, do the clinical test. you will meet with a clinical manager and discuss your experience. The more experience you have the more likely you will get assignments.

Interview Questions

• What type of patients do you have the most difficulty with?   Answer Question

LPN- Private Duty Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was very brief. was interviewed by nurse manager and branch director hired on the spot took initial exams and was given a case immediately after giving all required information

Interview Questions

• All question were very basic nothing really hard to answer or would requiring a lot of thought   Answer Question
    • Is there any patient you would refuse to work with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Tampa, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

You go in, take a medication test and they give you a score and process your paperwork. No interview really. If you don't initial every single error with the date, they make a huge deal of it.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall. Not sure they asked me anything really.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negot. They tell you what they pay you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Metairie, LA) in August 2009.

Interview

Friendly, accomidating, precise

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, they were just interrested in all the correct paper work for your applied position. not very encouraging about what hours are when you would be working they would call when if positions became available.   Answer Question

They were not specific about the days or hours that I would be workingrested , they were internested in filling a position but could not gurantee any hours for part-time work

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Lakeland, FL) in January 2008.

Interview

You are hired on the spot. Ventillator experience is in high demand. Hiring is determined by skills and knowledge. They will quiz you on ventillator and patient care after they inservice you. They give you 3 hrs of orientation. Most of the patients have a tracheostomy. You will need CPR and Tb test. They give you tb test every yr at the office. They are really good about training you on the job. Family member's are going to train you the way they prefer you provide care to the patient anyway. You will receive orientation to each case by a nurse or parent. Each office decides if they will allow a family member to give orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you ever decide to switch to different location, each maxim office will require orientation to ventillator, infant, pediatrics, adult or medicare waiver patient. Eventhough I had been with maxim for 8 yrs. they sill required redo orientation. Medicare waver training is an extra online class. But no bonus for extras or the time it took to take the 2-3 day class.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They claim medicare only pays them a certain amount so unable to give more money. In the midwest I earned $19.