Maxim Integrated Interview Questions in Beaverton, OR | Glassdoor

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

I receive the interview after college career fair for an product engineering internship position. It was on Skype with three consecutive interviewers, each took about one hour.
    First people introduced job role and let me describe the bandgap voltage reference. It took a while. Second people asked some questions on threshold voltage of transistor. Last one asked behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the bandgap voltage reference   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I had a full day of one on one interviews with different engineers where we talked about my previous research and work experiences. I met with one of the senior managers and he asked some great behavioral questions. I also had to give a presentation on my current research. All the one and one interviews were about 45 min, so a good amount of time to answer questions and to ask them. Everyone seemed nice and interested in my work so I never felt awkward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I "fell forward"? --- meaning when was a time that was't going to well but I was still able to move forward.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through their info session on campus. I got a phone call from the hiring manager, asking if I was interested in this position. Then we moved on to on site interviews, with hiring manager, group members, and other managers.

Interview Questions

• Draw the IV curve of the solar cell (because solar cell was mentioned in my presentation).   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

A very typical interview process as most other companies do. Have several short one-to-one or two-to-one interview sessions. Each session was 30 min or 1 hour. Questions are very detailed and related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe the entire process that you have used when you make a CMOS.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and HR followed by a second round of interview with directors from other modules and a senior MTS from my module

Interview Questions

• How does the Hydrogen gas leak detector operate? (This was completely irrelevant to my module)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as this was my first job but I would strongly recommend to do so

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

First had an on-campus interview with the hiring manager and then invited to an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 4-5 1:1 interviews and a presentation. Although the position was process engineer, they did ask a lot of semiconductors device questions

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience with cleanroom equipment maintenance...   Answer Question

Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was an email to set up a phone screen. Phone screen itself was highly technical and lasted 1.5 hours(!). Hardest phone screen I've ever been through. Must have done OK, because a week later they invited me for an on-site interview. On-site interview was also purely technical - no "touchy-feely" behavioral interviewing questions from Maxim! (Some questions about leading teams was as touchy-feely as it got.) On-site interview lasted ~8 hours, however there were 10-15 minute gaps between some interviewers. Guess they got busy or were tied up with something. The lunch break was also effectively an interview, as one of the two people who took me to lunch asked interview questions while we were eating. Interview format was basically 1-on-1 with seven different people. One odd thing was that one 1-on-1 session was over the phone with a manager at a different site.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a poly emitter in a bipolar transistor works.   1 Answer
    • How does a substrate bias (a.k.a. back-gate bias) on a MOS transistor affect Vt?   2 Answers