Maxim Integrated Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maxim Integrated Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2016

3.4

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Took one week to arrange the site interview. The interview took about two hours.
Interview with 4 people and they were really nice to me.
Questions were not tricky, make sure you do some review.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Integrated

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Boston, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

It was just few minutes talking (pre-review), then made appointment for a formal phone interview tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

recruiter called and I just gave it a taste of the job market. The phone screening is really tough then followed by the on site one. The inteviewer are nice but the questions are highly technical and I think I did so so since you can not be too technical on every field that they asked.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in May 2012.

Interview

First interview was on phone. Asked some basic quesions like working of mosfet, BJT and some phenomenon like latchup. After a week was on site interview. There were 5 interviews on site. approx 45 min each. Mostly drilled on basic questions like cmos inverter, mosfet cross section, resistors, capacitors, inductors, etc

Interview Questions

• Draw cross section of CMOS inverter. How would you connect body of PMOS and NMOS to vdd and gnd respectively. Also asked to show regions of operation for nmos on inverter transfer curve   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in November 2011.

Interview

A lot of technical questions. Interviewers are interested almost solely in your engineering background and skills and the majority of questions will probe your technical experience and knowledge related to the position. Did not receive any softer, more HR type questions. Many of the questions will probe beyond understanding how to use a process and the basic principles, and will go into deeper scientific knowledge of how the processes work and function in detail.

Interview Questions

• How does an SEM produce its image?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in February 2011.

Interview

Contacted me over email, asked to come in for an interview. Very flexible with the schedule, any day of the week was available. Overall atmosphere was professional, no t-shirts or polos here. Strictly technical interview. General analog questions that a typical BSEE graduate should be at least familiar with. Four technical questions, mostly with opamps.

Interview Questions

• Behavior of an opamp circuit with resistors and capacitors.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in November 2010.

Interview

got phone screen; very detailed technical questions.

Interview Questions

• bipolar and cmos current mirror; their merits and demertis; mismatches and methods to improve   Answer Question
    • basic two-stage opamp; mismatches and methods to improve   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in June 2010.

Interview

Good arrangement. Spaced out after each site visit. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• give me an example on innovation that you've done in the past?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in December 2009.

Interview

A senior engineer called for phone interview for about 30 min on backgrounds. Next week I was invited for onsite interview which I interviewed with 5~6 people. They each ask about my background and some questions to reflect my problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me any innovations or novel ideas you had in the past.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in July 2007.

Interview

Initial impressions from the phone screen with the hiring manager were good. Was invited in for an on-site interview a few weeks later. First doubts crept in when I arrived at the site and saw very few cars in the parking lot. Confirmed when I discovered I was interviewing with most of the engineering staff, and realized there only about half as many people as I would have expected for the size of the fab. Interview questions were interesting - the correct answer to some basically amounted to "The situation you have described is impossible, and here's why." People I talked to, from secretary (informally) to fab manager (part of interview process) seemed nice enough, but I definitely got the impression the place was a sweat shop with a high burnout rate.

Interview Questions

• The Vt, Ids and leakage current measurement results for this wafer are X, Y and Z. What do you think happened?   1 Answer

Bad vibes about the company and job. As mentioned, it seemed like a sweat shop, plus I got stiffed on my out-of-pocket expense reimbursement because I didn't have a receipt for a newspaper I purchased. If they're not going to trust me for under $1, how are they going to trust me with important things?