Maxim Integrated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2017

3.2

Senior Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

All-day interview that included a lunch with 2 people.

Questions were fairly technical by some interviewers, and more business/sales oriented by others. The role is more of a BD/Sales role, less technical than most other semis looking for a Marketing Manager.

The role was super interesting, like a mini 'CEO' and I'd say it combines BD, Product Management, and Marketing into one, without a heavy technical need (you don't need to write product definitions completely, you get help from definers).

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions around working with customers, traveling to Asia/Europe and doing sales like work.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in February 2016.

Interview

Maxim had an informational dinner on our campus. They gave a presentation about Maxim and answered any candidate questions. The following day on campus interviews took place. They followed up with information about second rounds about a week later. The second rounds were two day events that took place at their Headquarters.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the online application. It was a phone interview with the HR manager. The process was 20 minutes long and there were 4 questions. All the questions were behavioural. The interviewer was cooperative. Followed up with the interviewer. Later on, I couldn't make it to the next round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Interview is challenging. Involves multiple phone and onsite interviews. Relevant technical background is a must. Also, having experience to the specific Maxim product line is a big plus. Overall, the interview process is a little slow. Other interviewing for this role have been asked to prepare a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you know about this company/product line/industry?
      Share a situation where you dealt with a difficult situation.

Technical question: Go over a typical switching regulator circuit topology
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

The interview process was very long (3+ months) and required constant follow-up. I eventually got the offer and accepted the job, but the lengthy interview process was very frustrating. I was interviewing from another location and all my interviews were via calls/Skype calls and I didn't have a single on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• With the senior executives, it was more regarding your career goals and past experience. With the manager and other team members, there were more technical questions.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Fairly standard interview. Not very difficult. I had a phone screening first, and then was invited to Chandler onsite. The company is a very analog oriented company, and I was interviewing for a digital design position, so it was not very difficult.

Entry Level Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was first contacted by email and then had a phone interview with very simple technical questions and the position role was explained. Then set up a day to drive to their San Jose offices where I had 2 hours and 15 minutes of technical questions from three different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Lots of basic circuit analysis question, lots of various op amp configurations you usually don't see, Bode plots and op amp characteristics.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

No HR interview. Directly called from the hire manager. The interview took 25 mins and then two more team members interviewed me for about 30 mins in the next few days. Typical questions related to the resume. Very friendly people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in January 2016.

Interview

Was first contacted via phone and then told I would have a follow up call about a week later. After the second call set up an in person where they flew me up and put me in a hotel. Format was 6 one hour interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was given online which made negotiation seem difficult. Also it is my first job so didn't really know what I was doing

Analog IC Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had the phone interview with the hiring manager, and that was it. I didn't have any on site interview. I think my manager chose me because of my school and my resume mostly. Questions he asked weren't mostly technical.