Maxim Integrated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

3.1

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I had a full day of one on one interviews with different engineers where we talked about my previous research and work experiences. I met with one of the senior managers and he asked some great behavioral questions. I also had to give a presentation on my current research. All the one and one interviews were about 45 min, so a good amount of time to answer questions and to ask them. Everyone seemed nice and interested in my work so I never felt awkward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I "fell forward"? --- meaning when was a time that was't going to well but I was still able to move forward.   Answer Question

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with a 2nd recruiter
    3. Phone interview with a 3rd recruiter
    4. Phone interview with the hiring manager
    5. Would have possibly been an in person interview, but I got hit by one of the bullet questions and was out of the race quickly.

Interview Questions

• Question were in bulleted form and fired quick and dirty.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Interview was all ok, except one interviewer. He seemed to be more interested in proving one or two things I did not know, than test me on what is required for the job. Never let me complete an answer to a question, before jumping to the next one. The interview with this person seemed more of an attempt to display his smartness, than test my skills

Interview Questions

Interview

Not too hard. Practical questions are asked instead of just theory. Talked to the program manager first and then another two engineers, each for about 45 minutes. People are nice there. Sent them an email after interview and got response a day later.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Arduous, must interview with multiple levels (including c-level). Negotiations & initial contract took a long time. Offer and duration of interview process was not commensurate with level of expectation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you came up with an innovative solution.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The position is for Product Engineering. It took 30mins for phone interview. The interview had some questions about projects and extended some other questions about blocks in my projects. For example, in my ADC projects, he asked me to design a comparator by using op-amp. And the advantage and disadvantage about different ADC.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a comparator by using op-amp?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through their info session on campus. I got a phone call from the hiring manager, asking if I was interested in this position. Then we moved on to on site interviews, with hiring manager, group members, and other managers.

Interview Questions

• Draw the IV curve of the solar cell (because solar cell was mentioned in my presentation).   Answer Question

PMTS Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I used a referral from a friend who works at Maxim. The interview process is, I would say, quite standard as other interviews. First is a brief 30 min phone interview mainly to check your background and knowledge/skills. Then I was asked to go for on-site interview after 3 days. On site interview starts with an oral presentation on your past work to a group of 20 people. Then there are 1:1 interviews with 6 director level employees. Each took around 40 min. No tricky questions an purely technical with intention to verify your technical depth.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

a few phone calls with the hiring manager and rest of the team. My impressions is that this company is not interested in hiring at all. The manager is situated in Dallas and he was hiring for a position in Cali. I interviewed twice Dec 2015 and Feb 2016, both times my phone interviews went very well. But after a few days they responded saying that 1) no budget available for this position. 2) they are looking for more experience. The people who interviewed me had very minimum data science or stats knowledge. My advice is that dont expect a lot from this company

Senior Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

All-day interview that included a lunch with 2 people.

Questions were fairly technical by some interviewers, and more business/sales oriented by others. The role is more of a BD/Sales role, less technical than most other semis looking for a Marketing Manager.

The role was super interesting, like a mini 'CEO' and I'd say it combines BD, Product Management, and Marketing into one, without a heavy technical need (you don't need to write product definitions completely, you get help from definers).

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions around working with customers, traveling to Asia/Europe and doing sales like work.   Answer Question