Maxim Integrated Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2016

3.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was a Skype interview with the project Architect. Asked fairly technical questions. Second interview was also Skype interview. Asked more technical questions. Overall, the interview went well. There were some questions which I was not readily able to answer such as providing specific code examples. That said, my deep understanding of the software and language seemed to compensate.

Interview Questions

• How can we be sure that you'll stay with our company?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with technical questions. They schedule a phone interview. Then when they call you, they'll send you some questions to answer. Get ready to go back and study your EE fundamentals. The guy on the phone was really helpful though. Everyone is going to have an opamp or two questions on the interview so do study up on that.

Interview Questions

• Know your op amp. Some bode plot questions and RL, RC circuit. Maybe some transistor amplifier stuff.   Answer Question

Marketing Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They asked for a telephone interview and I gave it to them in the beginning of August. Eight weeks later they called me for an on-site interview.I was asked to edit an application note on the spot and the interviewer sat and watched me for less than 5 minutes (or less) while she read my writing samples and then stopped me. I was told three days later that the company was no longer seeking any candidates for the position and asked the recruiter to cease the search. The fact that they did not move forward seemed to be more about the company than me. The job description didn't match what they wanted. Only A.A. degree required, but they wanted engineering experience?

Interview Questions

• I was asked about writing tools I had experience with, though they don't actually use them. Go figure. Also asked to describe my experience at a similar company. I was told that technical questions would be asked, but there were not many.   Answer Question

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with a 2nd recruiter
    3. Phone interview with a 3rd recruiter
    4. Phone interview with the hiring manager
    5. Would have possibly been an in person interview, but I got hit by one of the bullet questions and was out of the race quickly.

Interview Questions

• Question were in bulleted form and fired quick and dirty.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Arduous, must interview with multiple levels (including c-level). Negotiations & initial contract took a long time. Offer and duration of interview process was not commensurate with level of expectation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you came up with an innovative solution.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The position is for Product Engineering. It took 30mins for phone interview. The interview had some questions about projects and extended some other questions about blocks in my projects. For example, in my ADC projects, he asked me to design a comparator by using op-amp. And the advantage and disadvantage about different ADC.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a comparator by using op-amp?   1 Answer

PMTS Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I used a referral from a friend who works at Maxim. The interview process is, I would say, quite standard as other interviews. First is a brief 30 min phone interview mainly to check your background and knowledge/skills. Then I was asked to go for on-site interview after 3 days. On site interview starts with an oral presentation on your past work to a group of 20 people. Then there are 1:1 interviews with 6 director level employees. Each took around 40 min. No tricky questions an purely technical with intention to verify your technical depth.

Senior Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

All-day interview that included a lunch with 2 people.

Questions were fairly technical by some interviewers, and more business/sales oriented by others. The role is more of a BD/Sales role, less technical than most other semis looking for a Marketing Manager.

The role was super interesting, like a mini 'CEO' and I'd say it combines BD, Product Management, and Marketing into one, without a heavy technical need (you don't need to write product definitions completely, you get help from definers).

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions around working with customers, traveling to Asia/Europe and doing sales like work.   Answer Question

Entry Level Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was first contacted by email and then had a phone interview with very simple technical questions and the position role was explained. Then set up a day to drive to their San Jose offices where I had 2 hours and 15 minutes of technical questions from three different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Lots of basic circuit analysis question, lots of various op amp configurations you usually don't see, Bode plots and op amp characteristics.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

No HR interview. Directly called from the hire manager. The interview took 25 mins and then two more team members interviewed me for about 30 mins in the next few days. Typical questions related to the resume. Very friendly people.