Maxim Integrated Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Power Applications/Modeling and Tools Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call with the internal recruiter, another phone call with a manager and then an onsite meeting with the same manager. After that I did not receive messages and I found out the recruiting process was not going forward but no reason was provided.

Interview Questions

• What kind of circuit do you get if you invert the inputs of an inverting operating amplifier?   1 Answer

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Multiple people interviewed. Drug test seemed odd as I would have expected a more thorough background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth. Bettered my previous compensation package.

Strategic Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Had phone interview and a following coffee shop interview to test my technical skills before they judge a candidate to call for a full day interview. Had a full day interview from 9AM-4PM with multiple rounds of technical interviews.

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Consisted of phone interview that lasted approximately one hour. Interviewer was friendly and asked general questions about resume. He also asked many technical questions which every electrical engineer should know. Interviewer gave a good description about the position being offered as well as what the working environment is like. I was told that I should wait about two weeks for a response but I did not receive any until I followed up and was told position was closed.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Typical semiconductor interview process. First a phone chat where the hiring manager described interest. Second was a set of in person interviews - a few business management and technical questions. In hindsight the technical questions that were asked weren't relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you balancing short term and long term revenue needs.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

- You would be interviewed by several people. Most of whom don’t even belong to your area.
    - Hiring process takes around 2 months, which is a lot more than any other Company
    -They would expect you to know everything that is to know.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to join Maxim   1 Answer

Negotiation

- You can negotiate as high as you would like. They would pay you if they need you..

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

A team member asked some technical questions. Then the hiring manager talked to me for half an hour with general questions. After that there was a quiz. Totally took about 3 hours.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I learned about this opportunity through the recruiter. The interviews consisted of two rounds of on-site interviews. All are 1:1 interviews with 6 different people: peers, managers, director and VP finance. The interview questions are quite typical of those big companies. The asked a lot of behavioral questions like tell me the situaion where you encounter difficulties with your business partner... They also asked detailed questions about the processes in my current jobs like how do I approach certain tasks.

The overall experience was neutral. I never heard back about the decision until I contacted the recruiter two weeks after the 2nd round interview. He said they like my skills and attitudes but feel like they need to hire someone with semiconductor manufacturing experience.

Product Definer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

3 phone screens. The first one was fairly friendly and shallow. The second one was very technical and a bit unexpected. The third one was technical but easy.
    The on site interview was about 7 hours long with 1 or 2 people at a time. It ranged from the technical to the behavioral and personality check.
    As expected, when I asked questions about the company, the replies consisted of very rosy picture ( a bit far from reality).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a better salary and sign up bonus. Should have also negotiated a better vacation schedule.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

recruiter called and I just gave it a taste of the job market. The phone screening is really tough then followed by the on site one. The inteviewer are nice but the questions are highly technical and I think I did so so since you can not be too technical on every field that they asked.