Mayo Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mayo Clinic Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

I applied online and got a digital interview through a web application. There are 5-6 questions, before each question you can have 30 seconds to prepare, and have maximum 3 minutes to answer. You can have one chance to re-record your answer.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Received initial call from recruiting confirmed job and description and starting salary issues. I would suspect it was because I have many years of working as an RN in multiple areas.
    Interview was scheduled with the RN manager at Charter. During interview all questions answered and job expectations were discussed. I was very impressed with the entire process. Was offered a job 1 week after interview, I accepted. Am looking forward in being part of Mayo Clinic staffing.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a situation you worked with multiple monitors, IV lines etc.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Hiring process was over Skype. The expectations, hours, and description of the unit were very transparent. You interview with a general HR person then move to the hiring manager for the unit

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavior based, and matched the tone of the questions on the Mayo website. There was also nursing specific questions that could be for any floor but required prioritizing which patient was the most sick.   Answer Question
    • Situation with handling a difficult patient   Answer Question

Medical Imaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Mayo Clinic first contacts you for an informal phone interview, followed by a formal in-person interview. The in-person interview was one- on- one and the interviewers were down to earth and pleasant. I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Varied, some were behavioral while others were traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic in April 2017.

Interview

My professor was employed by Mayo Clinic and he recommended me to a colleague. After a few months of silence, I had a phone interview and was hired on.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for our company/research team?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Had a telephone interview and next was invited to the Rochester, MN office. Had a face to face interview with a panel of 6 members. Interview went well and was well received and treated by them. Got the result within a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to CRM, background on experience, lot of behavioural questions.   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview, first with placement coordinator and then with unit managers. Placement coordinator was helpful in giving sample questions and feedback on my answers. Unit managers asked about 6-8 questions and one of them was a question testing your knowledge on prioritizing care.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a difficult patient and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Rehabilitation Related Job Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Must apply for each posting separately, then you may or may not be invited for a phone interview as a preliminary step, then may or may not be invited back for 2nd personal interview.

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

very thorough, meet lots of people, behavioral based questions, very organized, well planned, went smoothly, can't complain. Starting from HR to supervisor to staff, they got all grounds covered and arranged very thing from transportation to hotel. Very pleasant experience

Vice Chair- Global Business Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Very thorough process. Started with a phone screen the progresses to panel interview which consisted of behavioral interview questions (which Mayo is famous for!) Second round interviews were a case study of a hypothetical book of business. Very through and although I didnt make the cut i was very impressed with the external facing part of the Mayo business.

Interview Questions

• Case study in hypothetical book of business and I had to analyze, make recommendation and present a plan of action to a panel.   Answer Question