Mayo Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.2

Phlebotomy Technician/Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surprise, AZ

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Surprise, AZ).

Interview

After applying a couple of weeks later I got an email asking if I would be interested in a phone interview for the next day, I excepted and basically answered about 5 behavioral questions to 3 people on the phone. I was then offered an in person interview for the next day. There were 5 people asking me 20 behavioral questions and 3 hrs later was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 of your weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had a stressful situation at work, how did you handle it and what was the ?   Answer Question
    • Tell a time when you were not able to follow through with a commitment   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a fair wage so there was no need to negotiate.

Management Engineering & Internal Consulting Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for the fellowship on their website and got an email from HR scheduling a phone interview within two weeks. The interview lasted 30-45 minutes, straight technical questions about Lean Six Sigma and how you have used/practised the concepts. I was not able to give perfect responses as my experience was limited and I soon ran out of related experience for the responses. Needless to say, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any statistical software?   1 Answer
    • Have you mediated a discussion before?   1 Answer

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Following an online Application I was contacted via phone to conduct a phone interview. We scheduled a phone screening to occur in the following week. The phone interview was an equal exchange in a conversation format allowing for both interviewer and interviewee to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your background?
      Hours and salary expectations?
      Discussed location and job description thoroughly.
      Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very personable and did not feel like a typical interview. The interview felt more like a conversation than a formal interview. My nerves were calmed immensely when I began to speak because from the start there was a connection established.

Interview Questions

• Why Mayo? Where else were you thinking about interning?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Took about 3 days. Met with a bunch of people I never saw again. Met with them individually and as a group. Way too long and became awkward with one on one as there's nothing to talk about with someone you just met and has no relationship to your work to talk for an hour.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

first contacted by hr then contacted by a team of rns over a period of a few weeks. involved a phone interview and skype interview. the hr interview was good. no pressure. the rns who interviewed me were more high strung (as expected).

Health Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

After applying to a number of positions, I got notifications via email that my application was forwarded on to the hiring manager.

Then I was contacted for an initial phone screening through HR.

I was contacted within a few days after the phone screen to arrange a video-conference interview where I met with a panel of four people that ranged from managers to other Health Systems Engineers.

A few days after I completed the video conference, I was called by HR and extended an official offer.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: The questions during the phone screen largely revolved around the methodologies and tools and programs listed throughout the job description. More specifically, they asked me if I (1) have used them in the past, and (2) share an experience on how I used it. These programs/tools included: operations workflow analysis, business consulting, multi-disciplinary teamwork, project management, electronic systems implementation, general tools and methodologies, observation/surveys, business analysis (high-level requirements for delivering new products, detailed business, defining, analyzing, and documenting), quantitate data use, forecasting needs and demands, process improvement, simulation & modeling, value-stream mapping, change management, and computer experience.

Video conference/face-to-face portion: This portion was broken into three parts (if memory serves correct): (1) an example of some professional writing that I've done of a project that I presented in the past three years, (2) make a presentation on a project that I participated in/completed (make sure you talk about data and how you used it), and (3) six behavioral questions.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Mayo doesn't negotiate salary. Their approach is to make a solid offer based on your relevant experience and the market rate of the position and how those factors work into the salary range of the position.

Health Systems Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR and hiring manager. The HR was simply asking questions one by one. There were no communication. They recorded your answer and submit it to recruiting panel. They seems to looking for more senior candidate although the job was list as entry-level position.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

First interview consisted of meeting with a Nursing Placement Coordinator and going over information about the unit, my resume, and what the training process would look at. Then answered behavioral questions and critical thinking (what order would you see these 4 patients, provide thorough rationales, assessments, and interventions for each patient). Following that interview I was taken to the Unit Nurse Manager for a panel interview to discuss the unit, answer even more behavioral and critical thinking questions. Overall, everyone was so welcoming and made me feel completely at ease.

Prior to your interview you will receive an email containing information on how to prepare for your interview with Mayo, it was very helpful and I recommend preparing as much as possible for a wide range of the behavioral and critical thinking questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to provide customer care for a difficult or angry patient.   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you were a role model for other coworkers.   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you had to confront a coworker for being unprofessional or irresponsible, how did you handle it and how did it change your working relationship.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

After submitting my application, I received an email about a week later asking for an initial phone interview to give me more information about the position and make sure it was a good fit with my qualifications and interests. After completing the phone interview I was asked to come in for a behavorial based panel interview with three members of the Public Affairs Department.