Mayo Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.1

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Monday 01/09 and got a call on Friday 01/13. The initial phone call was just confirming interest in the position and then scheduling an interview via webcam due to my distance away from the actual clinic. Webcam interview was set up for 02/02 (first they had available). Had to set up a "tech check" before the interview to make sure the connection and everything was going well. The interview consisted of a panel of 2 people, one was a nursing manager, the other a hiring manager. I interviewed with the hiring manager 1st which was more like a regular conversation. Description of the job was given, followed by questions about myself, start date, etc. The main questions asked at the end were more so "behavioral questions/situations". This was basically a practice run before my interview with the nursing manager. There is a SHARE model that is linked in the email they send you to prepare for the interview, I suggest reading over it & practice. The hiring manager went over the questions & gave feedback on what the nursing manager would expect back. After that, about 5 mins went by then I had another webcam interview with the nursing manager. The exact same questions were asked with an additional 4 (7 questions total). That interview was a little more intense but not by much. Overall a wonderful experience, was told I would hear back within a week so hopefully something good comes back soon!

Update 02/03/17
    I was formally offered the position 1 day after my interview. The phone call was about 20 minutes and consisted of the job offering and on boarding process which will be official in a later email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague, what was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

First met with a placement coordinator who reviewed the training process and asked about 5 basic behavior questions + a prioritization question, then went to the unit to meet nurse managers and they asked about 8 behavior questions and another prioritization scenario question. Everyone was extremely nice!

Interview Questions

• A time you researched something and implemented your findings into practice   Answer Question

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Interview process was pretty simple. Applied and received email stating my resume had been passed on to hiring manager. From there was emailed about an interview. The panel interview only had 2 people and was the typical behavioral questions style. The people were very friendly and the interview was comfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic in January 2017.

Interview

A series of behavioral questions followed by asking for my laboratory/shift preferences. The interview was a panel of interviewers from different laboratories. If you become stuck on a question they give you time to collect your thoughts. They may ask for more elaboration if you aren't clear/detailed enough the first time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where communication with a coworker was a challenge.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

I was set up for a phone interview, almost two weeks ago. Short of the day I was notified that they offered the fulltime cook position to a candidate. I found online they were hiring two part time positions. They clearly were dishonest, and had me waiting for this opportunity, on top of it my resume is the ideal candidate for a hospital cook position, being I have 6 years experience, and over two as a lead, in a very similiar situation. I wouldn't wait around even if they tell you to.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Received email responded by phone to set up interview. Email confirmation received with names of panel members present at interview. We asked about 14 questions by panel. I was extremely nervous with panel questions but most were easily answered.

Phlebotomy Technician/Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surprise, AZ

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Surprise, AZ).

Interview

After applying a couple of weeks later I got an email asking if I would be interested in a phone interview for the next day, I excepted and basically answered about 5 behavioral questions to 3 people on the phone. I was then offered an in person interview for the next day. There were 5 people asking me 20 behavioral questions and 3 hrs later was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 of your weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had a stressful situation at work, how did you handle it and what was the ?   Answer Question
    • Tell a time when you were not able to follow through with a commitment   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a fair wage so there was no need to negotiate.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very personable and did not feel like a typical interview. The interview felt more like a conversation than a formal interview. My nerves were calmed immensely when I began to speak because from the start there was a connection established.

Interview Questions

• Why Mayo? Where else were you thinking about interning?   Answer Question

Management Engineering & Internal Consulting Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for the fellowship on their website and got an email from HR scheduling a phone interview within two weeks. The interview lasted 30-45 minutes, straight technical questions about Lean Six Sigma and how you have used/practised the concepts. I was not able to give perfect responses as my experience was limited and I soon ran out of related experience for the responses. Needless to say, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any statistical software?   1 Answer
    • Have you mediated a discussion before?   1 Answer

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Following an online Application I was contacted via phone to conduct a phone interview. We scheduled a phone screening to occur in the following week. The phone interview was an equal exchange in a conversation format allowing for both interviewer and interviewee to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your background?
      Hours and salary expectations?
      Discussed location and job description thoroughly.   Answer Question