Mayo Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.2

Surgical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Clarksville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

applied online
    received phone-call and discussed what the job is like and what it would be like to live and work in Rochester, MN
    had a follow up email explaining when the next call/interview would be
    webcam/phone interview
    received offer a day later

Interview Questions

• Why did you wait so long to get back into surgical technology?
      Tell us about a time you had to think on your feet.
      Answer Question

Technician Interview

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter was to the point and great. Manager calls to set up interview. In a week, the interview includes 5 people. Standard interview questions. I asked for a walk-through (tour) the department and was declined (awkward silence) nicely because it was busy.

IT Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview was about and hour and a half and included a tour of the area I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Half were behavioral questions and then a few technical questions were thrown in. Technical questions were very basic as it was an entry level position.   Answer Question

Lab Support Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Mine was a little off the wall, I interviewed with a Trainer,supervisor and Group Lead. We sat in a very very tiny office. I thought it was very informal!After the interview i was given a tour of the hospital,Cannady lab,the main lab in the Davis building as well as the back of the lab where the spcemins r processed. The over all experience was somewhat informal but I was made to feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Why would u be a good fit for this company?   1 Answer

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

The company offered a phone interview to few selected candidates. Following the phone interview, based on performance, the company invited selected few candidates for a face-to-face interview. This interview took place in a panel format. Each panel member had prepared a question to assess the candidate's skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      Tell us about a time when you dealt with a person who was difficult
      How do you manage communication within a multi-disciplinary team
      Answer Question

RN Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Very impersonal. Good talent is not given a chance because they hire from within first wasting nurses from outside time. Forget about applying for management. they call their nurses "pool employees."

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

First they called me for a phone interview, the lady was extremely nice and she asked some behavioral questions. After a week they contacted me to get a face to face interview. They listed the people that would interview me. The experience was great, again they made me feel very confortable, and they asked me like 10 behavioral questions plus explain me in more detail what they needed for this position. They had very good candidates in the face to face interview, so they called me again for a 3rd and last interview by phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are very fair with what they offer. The base for the position is very good, and they offered me a little more, I think because I'm bilingual, and it's wasn't a must for this position but I think it adds extra points.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rapid City, SD) in November 2015.

Interview

Shallow interview process, very little time spent on discovering more about me and my experience and expertise; lots of younger people who seems to have a clique mentality based on how I was treated, and encounters I observed among team members when they were not aware I was observing them -- it felt more like a wedding than a serious job interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if there was conflict within a team -- for example, a leader complaining about employees on the team and the team's work ethics, and the team was complaining about not being able to have more fun at work, and the leader being mean, what would I suggest? I thought that was such an empty and vague question - no details, no information or metrics provided, I had no idea what they were looking for or critiquing. This was the weirdest interview experience I've ever had.   1 Answer

Health Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Eau Claire, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with two managers, called a week later for an informal interview with peers and a formal panel interview. Panel interview required 10 minute formal presentation, formal documentation sample. After a short introduction, there were 7 behavioral questions and a case study in which they asked me to work through my thought process and analysis. Formal interview lasted 1.5+ hours

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time in which you had to influence someone   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Filled out online application a month prior to getting a call for an interview. Had a tour and quick interview with simple questions about attendance and flexibility of schedule. Got a call the next week extending a job offer.

Interview Questions

• how often would you call in within a year?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiating base pay is fair and generous.