Mayo Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.1

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

It was conducted via Skype- Simple, straight forward and casual.
     I was asked about my past experience and also the expectations from joining the program. Explained the nature of position and concluded on a positive note.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Took about 3 days. Met with a bunch of people I never saw again. Met with them individually and as a group. Way too long and became awkward with one on one as there's nothing to talk about with someone you just met and has no relationship to your work to talk for an hour.

Health Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

After applying to a number of positions, I got notifications via email that my application was forwarded on to the hiring manager.

Then I was contacted for an initial phone screening through HR.

I was contacted within a few days after the phone screen to arrange a video-conference interview where I met with a panel of four people that ranged from managers to other Health Systems Engineers.

A few days after I completed the video conference, I was called by HR and extended an official offer.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: The questions during the phone screen largely revolved around the methodologies and tools and programs listed throughout the job description. More specifically, they asked me if I (1) have used them in the past, and (2) share an experience on how I used it. These programs/tools included: operations workflow analysis, business consulting, multi-disciplinary teamwork, project management, electronic systems implementation, general tools and methodologies, observation/surveys, business analysis (high-level requirements for delivering new products, detailed business, defining, analyzing, and documenting), quantitate data use, forecasting needs and demands, process improvement, simulation & modeling, value-stream mapping, change management, and computer experience.

Video conference/face-to-face portion: This portion was broken into three parts (if memory serves correct): (1) an example of some professional writing that I've done of a project that I presented in the past three years, (2) make a presentation on a project that I participated in/completed (make sure you talk about data and how you used it), and (3) six behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mayo doesn't negotiate salary. Their approach is to make a solid offer based on your relevant experience and the market rate of the position and how those factors work into the salary range of the position.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

first contacted by hr then contacted by a team of rns over a period of a few weeks. involved a phone interview and skype interview. the hr interview was good. no pressure. the rns who interviewed me were more high strung (as expected).

Training Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was by panel. One key player did not show up. It seemed pro-forma and the participants appeared to have more personal information about me than what was formally offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an ethical dilemma where you made the wrong choice and how it impacted your career.   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

First interview consisted of meeting with a Nursing Placement Coordinator and going over information about the unit, my resume, and what the training process would look at. Then answered behavioral questions and critical thinking (what order would you see these 4 patients, provide thorough rationales, assessments, and interventions for each patient). Following that interview I was taken to the Unit Nurse Manager for a panel interview to discuss the unit, answer even more behavioral and critical thinking questions. Overall, everyone was so welcoming and made me feel completely at ease.

Prior to your interview you will receive an email containing information on how to prepare for your interview with Mayo, it was very helpful and I recommend preparing as much as possible for a wide range of the behavioral and critical thinking questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to provide customer care for a difficult or angry patient.   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you were a role model for other coworkers.   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you had to confront a coworker for being unprofessional or irresponsible, how did you handle it and how did it change your working relationship.   Answer Question

Health Systems Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR and hiring manager. The HR was simply asking questions one by one. There were no communication. They recorded your answer and submit it to recruiting panel. They seems to looking for more senior candidate although the job was list as entry-level position.

Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

After submitting my application, I received an email about a week later asking for an initial phone interview to give me more information about the position and make sure it was a good fit with my qualifications and interests. After completing the phone interview I was asked to come in for a behavorial based panel interview with three members of the Public Affairs Department.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

I applied online and they called me about five weeks after I had applied initially. It wasReally fast knowing that this is an elite medical facility. It was a group interview and everybody was super nice.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewing with Mayo expect your normal Behavioral Interview process. You must have clear examples and showcase your star power. I applied online and had my first phone interview with the department heads. I was then invited to the campus for an interview.

What I found unique was allowing me to speak with someone in the department that was not a part of the hiring panel, but I know would give their feedback of our interaction. This person allowed me to ask questions you may not necessarily get to ask the actual hiring panel.

Speaking of the panel interview, I had a video conference and local panelist. The in-person interview required a 10-minute presentation and an executive writing sample. You must submit them prior to the interview.

The interviewers both locally and via video conference made me feel comfortable and it was very clear they knew exactly what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had conflict with a team member on a project and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question