Mayo Clinic Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

3.2

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Received initial call from recruiting confirmed job and description and starting salary issues. I would suspect it was because I have many years of working as an RN in multiple areas.
    Interview was scheduled with the RN manager at Charter. During interview all questions answered and job expectations were discussed. I was very impressed with the entire process. Was offered a job 1 week after interview, I accepted. Am looking forward in being part of Mayo Clinic staffing.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a situation you worked with multiple monitors, IV lines etc.   1 Answer

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

very thorough, meet lots of people, behavioral based questions, very organized, well planned, went smoothly, can't complain. Starting from HR to supervisor to staff, they got all grounds covered and arranged very thing from transportation to hotel. Very pleasant experience

Vice Chair- Global Business Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Very thorough process. Started with a phone screen the progresses to panel interview which consisted of behavioral interview questions (which Mayo is famous for!) Second round interviews were a case study of a hypothetical book of business. Very through and although I didnt make the cut i was very impressed with the external facing part of the Mayo business.

Interview Questions

• Case study in hypothetical book of business and I had to analyze, make recommendation and present a plan of action to a panel.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Monday 01/09 and got a call on Friday 01/13. The initial phone call was just confirming interest in the position and then scheduling an interview via webcam due to my distance away from the actual clinic. Webcam interview was set up for 02/02 (first they had available). Had to set up a "tech check" before the interview to make sure the connection and everything was going well. The interview consisted of a panel of 2 people, one was a nursing manager, the other a hiring manager. I interviewed with the hiring manager 1st which was more like a regular conversation. Description of the job was given, followed by questions about myself, start date, etc. The main questions asked at the end were more so "behavioral questions/situations". This was basically a practice run before my interview with the nursing manager. There is a SHARE model that is linked in the email they send you to prepare for the interview, I suggest reading over it & practice. The hiring manager went over the questions & gave feedback on what the nursing manager would expect back. After that, about 5 mins went by then I had another webcam interview with the nursing manager. The exact same questions were asked with an additional 4 (7 questions total). That interview was a little more intense but not by much. Overall a wonderful experience, was told I would hear back within a week so hopefully something good comes back soon!

Update 02/03/17
    I was formally offered the position 1 day after my interview. The phone call was about 20 minutes and consisted of the job offering and on boarding process which will be official in a later email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague, what was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

First met with a placement coordinator who reviewed the training process and asked about 5 basic behavior questions + a prioritization question, then went to the unit to meet nurse managers and they asked about 8 behavior questions and another prioritization scenario question. Everyone was extremely nice!

Interview Questions

• A time you researched something and implemented your findings into practice   Answer Question

Management Engineering & Internal Consulting Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for the fellowship on their website and got an email from HR scheduling a phone interview within two weeks. The interview lasted 30-45 minutes, straight technical questions about Lean Six Sigma and how you have used/practised the concepts. I was not able to give perfect responses as my experience was limited and I soon ran out of related experience for the responses. Needless to say, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any statistical software?   1 Answer
    • Have you mediated a discussion before?   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Took about 3 days. Met with a bunch of people I never saw again. Met with them individually and as a group. Way too long and became awkward with one on one as there's nothing to talk about with someone you just met and has no relationship to your work to talk for an hour.

Health Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

After applying to a number of positions, I got notifications via email that my application was forwarded on to the hiring manager.

Then I was contacted for an initial phone screening through HR.

I was contacted within a few days after the phone screen to arrange a video-conference interview where I met with a panel of four people that ranged from managers to other Health Systems Engineers.

A few days after I completed the video conference, I was called by HR and extended an official offer.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: The questions during the phone screen largely revolved around the methodologies and tools and programs listed throughout the job description. More specifically, they asked me if I (1) have used them in the past, and (2) share an experience on how I used it. These programs/tools included: operations workflow analysis, business consulting, multi-disciplinary teamwork, project management, electronic systems implementation, general tools and methodologies, observation/surveys, business analysis (high-level requirements for delivering new products, detailed business, defining, analyzing, and documenting), quantitate data use, forecasting needs and demands, process improvement, simulation & modeling, value-stream mapping, change management, and computer experience.

Video conference/face-to-face portion: This portion was broken into three parts (if memory serves correct): (1) an example of some professional writing that I've done of a project that I presented in the past three years, (2) make a presentation on a project that I participated in/completed (make sure you talk about data and how you used it), and (3) six behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mayo doesn't negotiate salary. Their approach is to make a solid offer based on your relevant experience and the market rate of the position and how those factors work into the salary range of the position.

Health Systems Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR and hiring manager. The HR was simply asking questions one by one. There were no communication. They recorded your answer and submit it to recruiting panel. They seems to looking for more senior candidate although the job was list as entry-level position.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

First interview consisted of meeting with a Nursing Placement Coordinator and going over information about the unit, my resume, and what the training process would look at. Then answered behavioral questions and critical thinking (what order would you see these 4 patients, provide thorough rationales, assessments, and interventions for each patient). Following that interview I was taken to the Unit Nurse Manager for a panel interview to discuss the unit, answer even more behavioral and critical thinking questions. Overall, everyone was so welcoming and made me feel completely at ease.

Prior to your interview you will receive an email containing information on how to prepare for your interview with Mayo, it was very helpful and I recommend preparing as much as possible for a wide range of the behavioral and critical thinking questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to provide customer care for a difficult or angry patient.   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you were a role model for other coworkers.   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you had to confront a coworker for being unprofessional or irresponsible, how did you handle it and how did it change your working relationship.   Answer Question