Mayo Clinic Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mayo Clinic Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One with primary supervisor on the research project the other with the department chair. Scheduled interviews with department admin. assistant. Each interview was 20-30 minutes in length. They called me, but for the second interview the call did not come through. He retried 5 minutes later and it came through. He did not seem put-off by the first glitch. Very friendly interiews. Department chair asked about skills, qualifications, personality questions. Primary supervisor allowed reverse questions about the project, chance to demonstrate my research into his project.

Interview Questions

• What skill/experience on your CV makes you the more qualified for this position than the rest of the applicant pool   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mayo Clinic

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

I was immediately contacted for an interview with an option for Skype or onsite visit. I was assured reimbursement for it as well. The recruiter was from my university itself so it was a kind of comfort relating to him. I am looking forward to get an offer from them.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Initially sent a letter of inquiry directly to the principle investigator I wished to work with. That followed by a response from them, a phone interview that was very informal. I was flown out for presentations and that day offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly scientifically oriented questions from the crowd during the interview day at Mayo Clinic. Everything else was very cordial.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a postdoctoral fellow, salary is not very negotiable, but a moving stipend was supplied and the start date was negotiable as well.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Not much here. It was a phone interview. I packed up and moved to MN (from California)

Interview Questions

• Not real tough question, they just wanted me to work here, so hard to say what the hardest question was   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in January 2010.

Interview

I hade an interview and committee decided I was fit for the position