Mayo Clinic Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mayo Clinic Project Manager Interview Questions

3.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewing with Mayo expect your normal Behavioral Interview process. You must have clear examples and showcase your star power. I applied online and had my first phone interview with the department heads. I was then invited to the campus for an interview.

What I found unique was allowing me to speak with someone in the department that was not a part of the hiring panel, but I know would give their feedback of our interaction. This person allowed me to ask questions you may not necessarily get to ask the actual hiring panel.

Speaking of the panel interview, I had a video conference and local panelist. The in-person interview required a 10-minute presentation and an executive writing sample. You must submit them prior to the interview.

The interviewers both locally and via video conference made me feel comfortable and it was very clear they knew exactly what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had conflict with a team member on a project and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mayo Clinic

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Five person Panel Interview - Everyone was very polite and friendly. They asked about 9-10 Behavioral Questions. Interview lasted 1 1/2 hours. Mayo is big on emotional intelligence skills. Make sure you have a list of questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.... you and your manager/customer disagreed on a decision. What did you do? Were you able to come to a satisfactory agreement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about ... how you build working relationships?   Answer Question

Salary offered was substantially below market based on other job requisitions in the area for the same type of position.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Behavioral based with questions asking you to provide a situation and how you handled it. The questions are geared toward the technical background required for the position. They are then looking for certain aspects of your behavior and communication techniques.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to convince someone to do something they did not want to do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary offer was fair so no negotiation occurred.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Posting process is all done via H/R department. Interview process is handled via the hiring manager, using a panel interview to help in determining best suited candidates. All interviews are behavioral.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer that digs their heels in, expressing their desires (for or against); when it is very clear the decision is wrong and/or detrimental?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

An outsider getting hired as a Project Manager at Mayo clinic is as hard as it can get I guess. Mayo is a conservative organization and they don't take chance bringing in external PM's. If you are selected for an interview after a long wait, the interview process is panel based. Questions are scenario based and you need to be prepared to provide an answer in STAR approach. A straight yes/no is no good. You have to explain the situation, task, action and results in sequence. Sometime's its quite tough to make up the answer in the format they are expecting. Moreover salary structure for PM's are not per industry standard

Interview Questions

• Some of the scenario based questions, I thought was not relevant to the position. My advise is to think of many situations/scenarios that you have been and come up with appropriate answer. Also, talking to a colleague or a friend to understand their experience will also help   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

They already had who they wanted to hire and everyone who gets interviewed is just part of the process. It's a formality