Mayo Clinic Research Technologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mayo Clinic Research Technologist Interview Questions

Interviews at Mayo Clinic

2.8

Research Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic in May 2016.

Interview

Invited for a panel interview with the research team. Very comfortable atmosphere. An overview of the position was described before discussing past research experience and experience directly related to the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mayo Clinic

Research Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

The hiring process seems to be a little different depending on the needs of the lab. Over all it is a fairly standard interview process in which they ask behavioral interview questions, followed up with talking about the science of the lab.

Interview Questions

• Some times in research we deal with difficult (egotistical) people. Tell me how you deal with these people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

About one week after applying online for the position I received an email to set up a phone interview. I interviewed on the phone later that week with the lab supervisor and got the job offer the very next day. I was pretty surprised that there was no follow-up interview in person, but at the same time I was extremely happy the whole process went so fast.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions for a lab position, former experience, how I keep my days organized with multiple projects, etc.   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Got an email saying my application was forward to the hiring manager then received an email saying they wanted to do a 15 minute phone screen interview with recruiter to go over my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Why do think your are the perfect candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was primarily focused on personality questions, very little on actual lab experience. They more looked for someone trainable who fit in well with the lab. Definitely go over personality based questions, and don't be alarmed by their group interview process. There are normally 5-6 people interviewing you ranging from other research techs to PhDs and MDs.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your Strengths/Weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

Panel phone call on speaker in conference room. Was asked varying questions regarding background in research and previous team work. Very straightforward and no tricks, then went on to discussing what exactly the job would entail.