Mazars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Health Care Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mazars (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Interview with 3 members of the Health Care Group and member of the Recruiting staff. All very professional and tried to make you feel comfortable while eliciting informations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult problem you encountered in your prior place of work and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Techinical and motivational questions. WACC-CAPM-RATIOS. Fluency in English or French. Good knowledge of the financial subjects. Soft skills and other life experience.
    Why mazars? What do you think about working in an international network? Why choose you instead of others?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mazars (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Originally brought on as intern. Was asked about my availability, my competence in a working environment, and my knowledge in the field. After having a few phone conversations, they decided they would hire me for the summer.

Interview Questions

• What is one aspect about yourself that you wish to improve?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mazars (New York, NY).

Interview

3 interviews with different members of the staff. It took about an hour and a half. They also give you a full tour of the office. They conduct a professional interview, that is very straight forward are fair. Start by sending your resume to the HR department and they should contact you from there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years if you work for this company?   Answer Question

Graduate Audit Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mazars in May 2017.

Interview

I first applied for the forensic services department at Mazars, After passing the online tests I was invited to an interview - they said in their email it might take a while to come back to me with an interview slot, so I waited for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I emailed them to ask if there was any progress, only to be told that the position had been filled and that I would not get my chance to interview. Disappointed, but determined, I asked for my application to be transferred to Audit. They allowed my progress to also be transferred so I was immediately offered a telephone interview for audit. The interviewer was really nice and put me at ease, the interview lasted half an hour and was mostly strengths based, and the questions were mostly about past experiences. I did not make it pass this interview stage. I was overall really disappointed with the way they handled my first application, so I wasn't too bothered that I didn't pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to make a difficult decision and how did you come to this decision?   1 Answer
    • How would you cope with stress at work?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mazars in April 2017.

Interview

I first applied online and a couple hours after I was sent an invite to complete a situational judgement exam, upon completion of that within a couple of hours I was asked to complete a numerical test. It was not too difficult and as long as you have had practice you should fare well. Then once I passed that I was invited to a first stage interview, this interview was to take place via telephone. After a week they published available time slots, unfortunately I was not able to do any of them, as such it was three weeks from being invited to interview to actually completing the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were around seven questions or so, pretty much your basic competency questions. I do not remember them all, some included 'Tell me of a time when you built rapport with someone', 'Tell me of a time you set yourself a goal and how you went about achieving it', ' Tell me a topic you are passionate about and how it affects your chosen industry'   Answer Question

Analyst-Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mazars (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my college and the process involved shortlisting of candidates.The shortlisting was based on the resume probably as we didn't get any infomation regarding this part of the process.Next was one round of interview at the company's office in Gurgaon.

Interview Questions

• The questions were resume based and they asked about internships and the industry that one had interned in.   Answer Question

Tax Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mazars (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially applied to Mazars Birmingham office back in October 2016. After going through the initial online stages which included online application form and numerical tests, I was invited to the first stage interview in the Birmingham office in November 2016.

The first stage interview is a competency based interview (the competencies you are tested against are readily available on the Mazars website/Glassdoor) and consisted of a comprehension exercise where you are asked to read an article and prepare answers to questions on it before you have a 1-1 interview with a partner. Be sure to prepare examples of your ability to complete the Mazars competencies using the STAR technique. However, a very important part of the Mazars interview process is to let your personality show and to be yourself. The ethos of the company relies on its people and hence they look to employ personable people who will fit into their workforce, so relax!

After being told that I was successful after the first stage, I received an email telling me that the position had been filled in Birmingham but I was welcome to progress to the next stage in a range of other offices. I chose Leeds due to its proximity to my University town.
    After not hearing anything for months, in March 2017 I was finally invited to the Assessment Centre in Leeds. This consisted of a 1-1 skills based interview with a partner, a basic numerical and writing test. There is very little you can do to prepare for this Assessment Centre as they are looking to see what skills you have and (especially) the kind of personality you possess. Mazars do provide a pack to give you an idea of the running of the day and what they are looking for. You can use this to do a little bit of preparation, but really they are looking for natural, unscripted answers that give them an idea of what motivates you and how you work rather than examples of previous working experiences (that's what the first stage interview is for). In the group exercise it is a good idea to keep an eye on the time (personal watches come in handy for this) and make sure your group meets the brief set. Make sure you listen as much as you speak and give everyone the opportunity to contribute, but don't worry too much, this is also a fun experience.

I received a phone call with my offer of employment less than an hour after leaving the assessment center (I was on the train travelling home) though they say that it can take up to 2 days to be informed. I have consequently accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Would your friends/family describe you as analytical?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would react if an unexpected problem arose while you were working on an important project.   Answer Question

Graduate Tax Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mazars (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly smooth, explained well, took a while to move between stages but this was warned as possibility during busy times of year and I applied near tax year end so I wasn't in any annoyed about this.
    Fairly similar to other accountancy firms, online tests, phone interview and assessment centre.
    Online tests were simple enough, SJT as part of initial application is standard. Then online numerical and verbal tests are simple enough, more emphasis on time than difficulty.
    Phone interview was slight harder than average in my experience, be prepared for competency based questions and have some current news or commercial awareness ready to talk about, follow up questions will be part of this so do your research and try and relate back to mazars as a company, explaining why it's relevant to the company and industry.
    Assessment centre was a bit odd, as only 3 people were there, although 6 were expected. Apart from this the management and interview team were outstanding. Extremely friendly and put all of us at ease the whole day, I can't compliment them enough.
    The day began with a presentation from the team about the company and what the role and assessment day itself would involve. Then we began a group exercise, consisting of some proposals that we had to evaluate against a given budget. Some ad hoc proposals and memos were thrown in half way through so beware of this. The time given was about 20 minutes, during which you must choose what proposal(s) you are going with and why. The team will ask you each some questions on these. You will then be asked to make a short presentation on this.
    My advice for this stage would be to be outgoing and try and take the lead, but not direct, the exercise. Make sure you are vocal and explain your ideas logically, always giving reasons. Try and get others involved as well, make sure it's not just you throwing non stop ideas into the pot.
    After this there was a numerical test, which was simple given the time, and a short written exercise in which you had to write an email to try and get people to attend a meeting.
    After this there was a one to one interview. My interviewer was a senior accountant and she was lovely, absolutely brilliant. The most relaxed and enjoyable interview I have ever had without doubt.
    Lastly, some lunch was provided along with an opportunity to talk with the management team and current graduates.
    Overall very good experience and would recommend applying

Interview Questions

Was a difficult decision based on how positive my interview was and how friendly the interviewers were, however, the salary was not competitive. Having another offer with a much higher salary unfortunately made the decision for me.

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mazars (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview,
    The interviewer was extremely rude, started off with the interview by saying that I was not allowed to ask any questions during the process. Lot of the times she muted the call and overall it was a very unfriendly conversation.