Mazda North American Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Takata Action Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations in February 2017.

Interview

I applied at the very beginning of January and receive an e-mail in the middle of February inviting me to interview. One week later I interviewed and was told I would know whether I was selected or not by the following week. A month after that interview I don't receive any correspondence from Mazda-- even after e-mailing them to request a status update (that was three weeks after the interview). Though not impressed by the lack of professionalism and communication, I did hear back this week (week five after the interview) with a polite response and some feedback (per my request).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Takata?
      Why do you want to work for Mazda?
      Why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Region Ops Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out. I was contacted by the recruiter one day after I applied for the position I was scheduled for an in person interview that was 30 days out. I arrived at the less then adequate regional office in Irvine. The building was extremely outdated and the receptionist was rude. The culture within the company was not a fit for me right off the bat. I interviewed with 4 of the top regional partners and they were extremely laid back and nonchalant. This company is not ran with extreme professionalism and that is why I feel they do not succeed within the sector. Avoid Mazda if you have previous exp within a larger car manufacturer because you will be disappointed. I was told I would hear back within 7-10 days, it took 17 business days.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep in California. Subsequent phone interview with local hiring manager. Absolutely HORRIFIC in getting back to you. After the first 4 weeks received an email stating you are still in running but I have personal travel and business travel coming up etc. So then why post to fill a job when you won't be around to follow through?? Ridiculous. I withdrew my application because my first impression was a lasting one.

Dealer Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

During the interview they give a good pitch on it's great to work for Mazda, then after an hour they show you out and not hear from them in 3 months. Only to find they decided to go with someone despite going through an agency.

Interview Questions

• Just the usual standard questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interview

phone interview, then face to face interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• none. they were all kind...too kind. they let you know that you are not their first pick in a subtle way during interview.   Answer Question

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Met with two managers, interview went well. Both were friendly. Nothing difficult about the interview. Typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle irate customers?   1 Answer
    • Explain your previous job responsibilities listed on your resume   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations in February 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of an intense one hour 1:1 interview with very specific questions pertaining to the position applied for. Followed by two interviews face to face with the hiring manager and upper level managers. No job offer was given because of a immediate job freeze put in place days after the last interview.