Mazda North American Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mazda North American Operations Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.5

Takata Action Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations in February 2017.

Interview

I applied at the very beginning of January and receive an e-mail in the middle of February inviting me to interview. One week later I interviewed and was told I would know whether I was selected or not by the following week. A month after that interview I don't receive any correspondence from Mazda-- even after e-mailing them to request a status update (that was three weeks after the interview). Though not impressed by the lack of professionalism and communication, I did hear back this week (week five after the interview) with a polite response and some feedback (per my request).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Takata?
      Why do you want to work for Mazda?
      Why would you be a good fit for this position?
      Answer Question

Programmer/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Application Director, Applications manager, and Business Analyst. The Interview process was very positive an the overall feel was very welcoming. The Applications Manager was also very encouraging and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about what you do at your current position   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations.

Interview

Found internship online and applied through the Mazda USA website, got an email from recruitment person to set up a phone interview with them. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Since I wasn't in the area yet I did not do an in person interview. They did extensive background check and drug test. Once everything checked out they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• How can you help our company? (Wasn't expecting this question since it was only an internship)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Ok. It was smooth. No development of a friendly business relationship because they know they do not want to keep you for long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ok.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations in February 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of an intense one hour 1:1 interview with very specific questions pertaining to the position applied for. Followed by two interviews face to face with the hiring manager and upper level managers. No job offer was given because of a immediate job freeze put in place days after the last interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring Process is typical of a big company

Interview Questions

• Provide an overview of the products in Mazda's competitive set   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mazda was not willing to negotiate in the traditional sense..

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Met with two managers, interview went well. Both were friendly. Nothing difficult about the interview. Typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle irate customers?   1 Answer
    • Explain your previous job responsibilities listed on your resume   1 Answer

Region Ops Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out. I was contacted by the recruiter one day after I applied for the position I was scheduled for an in person interview that was 30 days out. I arrived at the less then adequate regional office in Irvine. The building was extremely outdated and the receptionist was rude. The culture within the company was not a fit for me right off the bat. I interviewed with 4 of the top regional partners and they were extremely laid back and nonchalant. This company is not ran with extreme professionalism and that is why I feel they do not succeed within the sector. Avoid Mazda if you have previous exp within a larger car manufacturer because you will be disappointed. I was told I would hear back within 7-10 days, it took 17 business days.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep in California. Subsequent phone interview with local hiring manager. Absolutely HORRIFIC in getting back to you. After the first 4 weeks received an email stating you are still in running but I have personal travel and business travel coming up etc. So then why post to fill a job when you won't be around to follow through?? Ridiculous. I withdrew my application because my first impression was a lasting one.

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

HR is a cluster. They are hot, then cold, then hot to hire. The process took forever to get hired with miscommunication between the recruiter and regional office.