McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Email from a coordinator about a month after I applied asking if I was still interested. Face to face interview with one person scheduled for the next week. Interview was enjoyable and informal. Consisted mostly of an explanation of the organization and it goals with some questions peppered in about my resume and how I might address particular issues. Was told that there was several more interviews still in process and they would get back to me. Emailed thank you. Offered additional insight into the position and how I would attack the role. Nothing. Completely ghosted. Multiple casual email attempts were ignored. Never got one ounce of feedback. Since spinning off in April I assume they are only organized on the surface and most of the back-end stuff is still a complete mess. Not even providing a short reply to multiple contact attempts is a pretty good clue as to what it would be like working there at this time in my opinion. Even if they thought I was a complete idiot I am a customer and I have a network. For a sales improvement focused organization that’s not acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Brief summary of background and experience preparing you for this role.   Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2017.

Interview

I had an informal phone interview with a recruiter before having a second formal phone interview. Everyone I spoke with from the company seemed really pleasant. They asked about recent projects and reasons I would make a strong candidate, and they really seemed interested in what I had to share.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clarita, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 8 people (45 minutes a piece). I asked what the next step was and was told that I needed to come back to meet with a few more people so they can get into more details of what I did before. What the heck do they want from me next...blood? It's been two weeks and I haven't heard back so I'm assuming they are passing on me. I sent a thank you email and they didn't even acknowledge me. They didn't have the courtesy to let me know, "thanks but no thanks." It's rude and their lack of communication severely discourages me from ever applying there again. Totally their loss.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a long process. It started with a phone interview with the HR. Then you were placed in contact with the hiring manager via phone. After the hiring manager, you spent 6 hours meeting with 5 different people. This made for a very long day.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult task that you did not complete?   Answer Question

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO).

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by face-to-face interviews. I did not get past the second phone interview so I have no further detail about the rest of the process. Most likely a minimum of 2 face-to-face interviews with 1 to 2 group interviews (4 to 5 : 1 ratio). Many times, one of the group interviews will be with a small group of Executives to see how well the candidate interrelates and presents to Executive Management.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself." (phone interviews can be difficult because 55% of the message can be lost or misconstrued since this percentage of the message is attributed to body language)   Answer Question

Mobile Malware Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2015.

Interview

The hr set up a phone interview. Just one 30-minutes phone interview with the group manager. Ask about the background and related research and project experience with mobile platform, malware analysis and machine learning techniques.

Interview Questions

• Past experience and some questions from projects on the resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
    Overall the interview experience was horrible.
    The interview was about 30 mins.
    The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
    Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
    Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
      Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
      All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.
      Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and did a phone screen. I did not get any feedback until 4 weeks later where he contacted me and wanted to bring me for interview with the team. The first round was scheduled for 5 interviewers but only 4 turn up. The interview question was simple and I did not get any feedback from the recruiter. After 3 weeks, he emailed and he wanted to bring me for another round of interview with the hiring manager and 2 other team members. They have bad track record where the interviewer did not turn up and they promised to arrange for phone interview so I don't have to come back to in-person interview. The interview was straight forward product management questions and each sessions was for 45 mins long. I did not hear anything for 2 months after the 2nd interview session. No email or call to update on the status.

Interview Questions

• Which product you manage and why you feel so proud of it? Standard PM question.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Received an initial call from a recruiter against my application, but the recruiter had the wrong position in front of him at first. Once that was clarified, he said the hiring manager was really interested in my resume. He set-up a phone screen which went well, and then he set up four further phone screens with other managers for a total of five interviews. All of these went well, but then I heard nothing back at all. I sent an inquiry email to the recruiter about three weeks later—heard nothing. I sent another one a couple of months later and heard nothing back again. Because the recruiter scheduled two of the phone screens incorrectly and had trouble with time zones, I'm guessing he lost track of me at some point. To not hear anything after two pleasant notes, however, is just rude and there's no other word for it, especially after taking the time to do five phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where two different groups needed your work but you had limited resources and you couldn't satisfy both?   Answer Question

Software Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

No reimburse, Drive myself from LA to SF around 5hour. I leaved early 3am to arrive 9:30 interview. Most of interview process is good and kind people, but manager interview was very awful experience. The manager asked very personal questions about working legal eligibility.