McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

250 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied while still part of Intel. After about 2 months contacted by recruiter. Called for an initial screening and then a phone interview with several team members. Phone interview was heavy on standard technical questions. After a week invited to in-person interview to see the building and answer a few more behavioral and technical questions. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a customers inability to connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Software Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Three total interview sessions. 1. Interview with hiring Regional Director. 2. Interview with members of the local sales team. 3. Interview with VP Sales. Very standard and common job interview questions. For this particular hiring Director and VP, they were really looking for a candidate that is a team player, a candidate that will leverage McAfee's internal executive resources as well as a candidate that would "fit" into the McAfee culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position to work for McAfee?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Email from a coordinator about a month after I applied asking if I was still interested. Face to face interview with one person scheduled for the next week. Interview was enjoyable and informal. Consisted mostly of an explanation of the organization and it goals with some questions peppered in about my resume and how I might address particular issues. Was told that there was several more interviews still in process and they would get back to me. Emailed thank you. Offered additional insight into the position and how I would attack the role. Nothing. Completely ghosted. Multiple casual email attempts were ignored. Never got one ounce of feedback. Since spinning off in April I assume they are only organized on the surface and most of the back-end stuff is still a complete mess. Not even providing a short reply to multiple contact attempts is a pretty good clue as to what it would be like working there at this time in my opinion. Even if they thought I was a complete idiot I am a customer and I have a network. For a sales improvement focused organization that’s not acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Brief summary of background and experience preparing you for this role.   Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2017.

Interview

I had an informal phone interview with a recruiter before having a second formal phone interview. Everyone I spoke with from the company seemed really pleasant. They asked about recent projects and reasons I would make a strong candidate, and they really seemed interested in what I had to share.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through a staffing agency posting on LinkedIn. Recruiter reached out immediately send resume over to HR and schedule the interview. The company had newly spun off from Intel. The interview was with a Sr HR manager who did not know the job well as it was not her department. It was a review of my resume and you could tell the company was understaffed. Then I interviewed with a contractor employed by Deloitte to review their processes. He was not familiar with the role and asked the same questions. I gathered it was a deep hole you would have to work your way through on a 1 person team or it could be a really good opportunity to showcase my talent. Unfortunately, the experience was more negative than positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last role and why did you leave?   1 Answer

Matketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY).

Interview

You will follow a process of 3 steps, being your first contact the regional LTAM recruiter, followed by the current Director or Manager asking for the position and finalizing with a Sales Director or Regional Director of the country.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you are a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a job challenging situation and how you solve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You may sure to ask for a written proposal and HR could negotiate some adjustments.

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, met with prospective supervisor in person, spoke with senior manager by phone. I think I had the job before speaking with senior manager. He/she wanted to be sure I was the correct fit because it came of their budget.

Interview Questions

• What platforms outside of US do you think we should invest our resources in?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY).

Interview

recruited pinged me on LinkedIn and then have a Phone interview from hiring manager, lastly did an onsite interview. The whole process lasts for 4 weeks. Nothing fancy just like a normal IT company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• Some basic algorithms questions and fundamental CS questions   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a long process. It started with a phone interview with the HR. Then you were placed in contact with the hiring manager via phone. After the hiring manager, you spent 6 hours meeting with 5 different people. This made for a very long day.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult task that you did not complete?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process itself was not be really difficult. An extensive phone interview followed by an extensive on-site interview. But the background check was exhaustive, lengthy, and delayed my hire date by nearly a month. In the meantime I'd given notice and left my previous position, so right before Christmas I had three weeks with no income.

Interview Questions

• I had to resubmit background check information several times through the third-party hiring system.   1 Answer