McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.1

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2017.

Interview

I had an informal phone interview with a recruiter before having a second formal phone interview. Everyone I spoke with from the company seemed really pleasant. They asked about recent projects and reasons I would make a strong candidate, and they really seemed interested in what I had to share.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clarita, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 8 people (45 minutes a piece). I asked what the next step was and was told that I needed to come back to meet with a few more people so they can get into more details of what I did before. What the heck do they want from me next...blood? It's been two weeks and I haven't heard back so I'm assuming they are passing on me. I sent a thank you email and they didn't even acknowledge me. They didn't have the courtesy to let me know, "thanks but no thanks." It's rude and their lack of communication severely discourages me from ever applying there again. Totally their loss.

Matketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY).

Interview

You will follow a process of 3 steps, being your first contact the regional LTAM recruiter, followed by the current Director or Manager asking for the position and finalizing with a Sales Director or Regional Director of the country.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you are a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a job challenging situation and how you solve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You may sure to ask for a written proposal and HR could negotiate some adjustments.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY).

Interview

recruited pinged me on LinkedIn and then have a Phone interview from hiring manager, lastly did an onsite interview. The whole process lasts for 4 weeks. Nothing fancy just like a normal IT company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• Some basic algorithms questions and fundamental CS questions   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a long process. It started with a phone interview with the HR. Then you were placed in contact with the hiring manager via phone. After the hiring manager, you spent 6 hours meeting with 5 different people. This made for a very long day.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult task that you did not complete?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process itself was not be really difficult. An extensive phone interview followed by an extensive on-site interview. But the background check was exhaustive, lengthy, and delayed my hire date by nearly a month. In the meantime I'd given notice and left my previous position, so right before Christmas I had three weeks with no income.

Interview Questions

• I had to resubmit background check information several times through the third-party hiring system.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee in May 2016.

Interview

Met with manager and supervisor. Talked about my experience and what I could bring to the company. Interview lasted nearly an hour between them two. Campus is very nice and has many perks like in house cafeteria and buying gadgets. Casual work environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long wait on background check.. They made an offer lower than I expected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR. Interview process started with half an hour phone call with Hiring Manager. Invited for 5 round of interview at onsite, including hiring manager. Fairly easy questions but they wanted all of them to be written on paper, which was tedious. There was no technical discussion, just simple programs. Most of the guys were really in different zone, may be not in sync with current market and I would not blame them as that's what happen when you are in the same company for long time :). Finally offer was low compare to the expectation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by programming test and then a one on one interview with four senior members of the team including the hiring manager. Coding fundamentals and common questions about tools used for code management, debugging tools, bug database etc. Programming basics like data structures and algorithms and why one is chosen over the other.

Interview Questions

• c++ programming skills implement stack and queue from scratch   Answer Question

Interview

Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR. Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice   Answer Question