McAfee Software Dev Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Software Dev Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)).

Interview

I was selected through campus placement program. there was a written test conducted by e-litmus. Interviews were in 3 rounds 1st was 1on1 technical, 2nd was a panel interview with technical and few HR questions. 3rd was a pure HR round.

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

It consisted five rounds :
    Round 1 : Wrirten test on basics of Java, C and Data Structures. It was damn easy. 20 questions in 30 minutes. I guess those could be solved in less than 15 minutes. Questions were based on array declaration, simple questions on stacks, queues, linked lists, BSTs and arrays.

Round 2: Out of 60, 24 were selected this round. It was technical interview. Questions asked were :
    1. Write node structure of linked list in C?
    2. Write a C program to detect loop in a linked list?
    3. Write a program to reverse a linked list? 4. Write a program to reverse a linked list which contains a loop? Header node would be node where loop started.
    I answered them all in one go. Interviewer was happy with my confidence and appraised me.

Round 3 : 12 were selected for this round. Again it was a technical interview. Questions asked were :
    1. You have four identical looking tablets. Two are for cold and two are for fever. You have to take one fever and one cold tablet. Overdose may kill you. All tablets lie in same category container.
    2. How to delete a node in a linked list pointer to which is given?
    3. Swap even and odd bits in a 32 bit integer.
    4. Implement queue using two stacks.
    5. You have 25 horses and 5 lanes. 5 horses can race at a time. Minimum no. of races required to find top three horses.
    6. How will you detect that two numbers on addition will overflow integer range?

Interviewers were a Sardarji and one other friendly guy. They greeted me and motivated me very well.

Round 4 : Only 7 were selected for this round. Again interviewer was friendly and told me various things about McAfee and their Gurgaon Wing.
    1. How would you find median of two sorted arrays and its optimized solution?
    I did that and he said "Cool". Actually, I don't know why they were asking so easy questions.
    Then we had a long discussion on Over flow in adding two numbers and I suggested him a way and persuaded him successfully that my method was best.

Interview Questions

• ROUND 5 : only 3 were selected. Interviewers were very friendly again.
      How will you test your phone?   Answer Question
    • How will you test that a text box accepting only one character between A-Z is working correctly.   Answer Question
    • What exceptions may occur if you want to read a file from disk?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase as I was a fresher. But yes I got location of my choice and Associate SDE and not Associate SDET as profile.

Senior Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2011.

Interview

1 round of technical interview followed by a technical test followed by interview with the Sr. manager and then HR negotiations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary. I had no idea of the salaries in Ireland and I goofed up

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

I was structured interview. Only 1 interview with normal puzzles and Data Structures question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation