McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied while still part of Intel. After about 2 months contacted by recruiter. Called for an initial screening and then a phone interview with several team members. Phone interview was heavy on standard technical questions. After a week invited to in-person interview to see the building and answer a few more behavioral and technical questions. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a customers inability to connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was disappointed with their interview process.
    lack of professionalism in interviewers.

I received a call from McAfee HR for an interview. I appeared for interview at Intel office in EGL Bengaluru campus.
    I had to wait for 30 minutes till for someone to come and accommodate me for interview process.
    Finally after 30 minutes two people came and took me to an interview room.
    They did not introduce themselves to me and directly started with interview.
    Initially i was under impression that they are local site facility people to show the interview room for candidates but later i found that they are going to take my interview.

One of the interviewer was full of attitude and was trying to insult me on each and every question.
    They started interview from MSS in TCP/IP and ended the interview with ARP.

At the end of each answer from my end both of these people were looking at each other and then smile. I was feeling humiliated.

They are not technically well versed in networking concept as well because the interviewer was arguing that he can ping a private IP of any computer located in LAN from internet with out any VPN of leased line connection. He also said that he can ping google's private IP address, when i tried to explain him that when you ping google.com it is google's public IP not private IP he was full of attitude.

In the end i told those people that i don't like there attitude and would like to stop the interview.
    I took my resume and left the company.

This was a job opportunity in my own domain but due to their behavior i feel humiliated and will not recommend this company to anyone in future.

Interview Questions

• If there is a latency in internet connection from your router then what would you adjust in TCP/IP header to resolve the problem?   1 Answer
    • Explain the process of ping from one private network to another private network when they are connected on internet (show arp process)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

The first round is Written test with many tough questions of C++ to finish within 30 mts.
    The second and third round are technical rounds, fourth round is directly you are given a laptop to write a Program and demonstrate the results.

Interview Questions

• Almost all were tough questions ....   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gur Gram (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Gur Gram (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was the toughest interview I faced. There were 3 rounds of interviews, first two being technical and third being Project Manager round. Questions were on the tougher side and a good understanding of the topics is the way to go. Moreover, they were mostly looking for the approach a person uses to solve a problem.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Mumbai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

there was many rounds of which started with technical round containing questions on the technologies, basics, process adhrered earlier to solve technical issues. this followed by questioning personal skills and attitude. final round is HR where the background and references are verified

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Córdoba (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Córdoba (Argentina)).

Interview

very long, it took almost all the morning.
    First I have an interview with the managers they ask about my background and experiences.
    Some situations and how I would resolve them.
    After that I have a practical interview, I have to implement some exercises in a computer.
    Finally the a written test with technical question about the language and try to identify the issues in a method.

Interview Questions

• find the issues in a code fragment and explain why they are problematic.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

A phone interview then 3 rounds of hard core technical rounds. phone interview was above average but the following 3 tech rounds were mostly focused on DS and Algo, networking and Operating systems. The interviewer was excellent when describing the question and very patient while listening to the answers.

Interview Questions

• Implement of abstract factory method patterns with real world scenario   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone interview followed by an interview in Aylesbury at McAfee. This consisted of a programming test, technical interview and interviews with the teams I was applying to. The interview took most of the day but was worth it as I was able to meet each team and find where I would be a best fit.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Data structure, and core knowledge of domain, programming skills, coding skills etc... ask you to write programs or mini projects.
    Interview process was good, followed by around 5-6 round which included last HR round.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process itself was not be really difficult. An extensive phone interview followed by an extensive on-site interview. But the background check was exhaustive, lengthy, and delayed my hire date by nearly a month. In the meantime I'd given notice and left my previous position, so right before Christmas I had three weeks with no income.

Interview Questions

• I had to resubmit background check information several times through the third-party hiring system.   1 Answer