McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was disappointed with their interview process.
    lack of professionalism in interviewers.

I received a call from McAfee HR for an interview. I appeared for interview at Intel office in EGL Bengaluru campus.
    I had to wait for 30 minutes till for someone to come and accommodate me for interview process.
    Finally after 30 minutes two people came and took me to an interview room.
    They did not introduce themselves to me and directly started with interview.
    Initially i was under impression that they are local site facility people to show the interview room for candidates but later i found that they are going to take my interview.

One of the interviewer was full of attitude and was trying to insult me on each and every question.
    They started interview from MSS in TCP/IP and ended the interview with ARP.

At the end of each answer from my end both of these people were looking at each other and then smile. I was feeling humiliated.

They are not technically well versed in networking concept as well because the interviewer was arguing that he can ping a private IP of any computer located in LAN from internet with out any VPN of leased line connection. He also said that he can ping google's private IP address, when i tried to explain him that when you ping google.com it is google's public IP not private IP he was full of attitude.

In the end i told those people that i don't like there attitude and would like to stop the interview.
    I took my resume and left the company.

This was a job opportunity in my own domain but due to their behavior i feel humiliated and will not recommend this company to anyone in future.

Interview Questions

• If there is a latency in internet connection from your router then what would you adjust in TCP/IP header to resolve the problem?   1 Answer
    • Explain the process of ping from one private network to another private network when they are connected on internet (show arp process)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

The first round is Written test with many tough questions of C++ to finish within 30 mts.
    The second and third round are technical rounds, fourth round is directly you are given a laptop to write a Program and demonstrate the results.

Interview Questions

• Almost all were tough questions ....   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I sat a technical test first; three coding assignments in C#. I was given 45 mins to an hour to do them. A formal interview with a senior tester followed. That also took about 45 mins to an hour.
    I was contacted a week later and asked to do a follow-up interview. That was a telephone interview with the HR person. She asked me typical HR questions.
    A week later I was asked to supply two referees which I did. I was told "I will come back to you as soon as possible." but I was not contacted. An extremely unprofessional and rude organisation. I would never apply for a job with MacAfee again.

Interview Questions

• Why should we give you this job?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying to the position. I completed a technical project and then went onsite for an interview. I met with several McAfee employees while onsite, all of whom had different roles in the organization. In total my time onsite lasted for about 4 or 5 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the Project Manger and the Team Leads of both the Development and Testing Departments. After enquiring about the current position and previous experinece, they conducted a written test to analyze my basic programming skills and grasp over the thoretical aspect of it. Later, a machine test was conducted by providing three problems with increasing level of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding the data structures, functions and network programming   Answer Question

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO).

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by face-to-face interviews. I did not get past the second phone interview so I have no further detail about the rest of the process. Most likely a minimum of 2 face-to-face interviews with 1 to 2 group interviews (4 to 5 : 1 ratio). Many times, one of the group interviews will be with a small group of Executives to see how well the candidate interrelates and presents to Executive Management.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself." (phone interviews can be difficult because 55% of the message can be lost or misconstrued since this percentage of the message is attributed to body language)   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Noida (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Total bogus, they first ask you to give interview as early as possible , once you go through all the process, they ask for your important document like salary slip, information of your current manager , then they don't reply your mail and phone without even giving feedback and after 1 month of ignorance and continuous mailing, they says company policies are changed so sorry for this time...

Interview Questions

• Binary Search Tree, Algorithms, Linked list   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I've applied online and it took them about 2 weeks to reply.

- It starts with a 20 minute HR Interview which includes some simple technical questions about linked lists, pointers, algorithms etc..

- If you pass that, you get invited to the main office, the interview was 2 hours long which included a QA test, programming test, whiteboard testing and 2 interviews, one technical and the other was a biographical interview.

Overall it was quite a tough experience, and they do give you feedback after a week.

Interview Questions

• Compare Java to C++, and explain why would you choose to one instead of the other. There was also some questions about concurrency   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

Interview

interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions
    question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful